House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ken_ichikawa

A Fun Fare

After being let down by my shipping agent (3-4 days customs clearance when he said ONE, FFS even the Russians can clear customs in 2 hours my motorbike). I am returning to Manchester to wait rather than get rinsed in London.

I was booking a coach fare and there are two types , ordinary ie £24.50 , or a funfare for £16 or £12 for an inconvenient time, how on earth can such a thing be considered to be fun?. Sitting on a coach is markedly unpleasant.

Its almost like double speak , ie ministry of love, :rolleyes:

After being let down by my shipping agent (3-4 days customs clearance when he said ONE, FFS even the Russians can clear customs in 2 hours my motorbike). I am returning to Manchester to wait rather than get rinsed in London.

I was booking a coach fare and there are two types , ordinary ie £24.50 , or a funfare for £16 or £12 for an inconvenient time, how on earth can such a thing be considered to be fun?. Sitting on a coach is markedly unpleasant.

Its almost like double speak , ie ministry of love, :rolleyes:

Ahh Funfares, it was an internal development name for the system that runs it. The name was created by the bloke who wrote the original system in a couple of hours. It was rolled out across most routes by management (causing it to crash as it was only a trial). It was rewritten in the new fares engine but the name stuck.

Just think of the poor sods in fare management, who go into the system and manually tweak the 'funfares' based on the number of seats that have been allocated by hand every couple of days 9 to 5 5 days a week! Repetitive and not fun :) BUT... flexing the ticket prices to ensure every coach is as full as can be REALLY improves profits, the cost of running a coach on a route is the same if it is empty or full..

Oh and before anyone names the company PLEASE DONT, the company in question employed people to search for the company name/read blogs and forums in the name of customer feedback.