House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Never Going To Buy !

Russell Brand

Russell Brand...about as funny as a plane crash.

Just like the tabloids current ridiculous obsession with Jordan, one day they will suddenly be out of fashion.

Look at old episodes of Little Britain. Lots of them were not that funny. Some were just ridiculous. Yet we laughed and talked about it because it was different. Then they did there US Little Britain and we woke up. This was pure unadulterated rubbish.

In a few years time we will look back and think...who gives a monkeys about Russell Brand, Paris Hilton, Kerry Katona and Jordan with regards to their sad and stupid personal lives.

"Russell hadn't even bothered to make the bed," she told the friend. "There was women's underwear and condoms littering the floor. He once told me he got through 80 extra-large condoms a month, but as far as I could see he'd get by fine with the normal sort."

Heheh, go girl.

Just like the tabloids current ridiculous obsession with Jordan, one day they will suddenly be out of fashion.

Look at old episodes of Little Britain. Lots of them were not that funny. Some were just ridiculous. Yet we laughed and talked about it because it was different. Then they did there US Little Britain and we woke up. This was pure unadulterated rubbish.

In a few years time we will look back and think...who gives a monkeys about Russell Brand, Paris Hilton, Kerry Katona and Jordan with regards to their sad and stupid personal lives.

I have to disagree.I hated Brand but when the Woss affair blew up I watched Ponderland,it's hilarious.LB was essentially the same joke recycled,funny the first time round but it palls,a bit like Katherine Tate,catch phrase humour.

A very strange looking and sounding man.

I've never found him funny and am astounded by his success with women.

The first time I saw him on C4's Little Brother I thought typical C4, putting another freak on the box.

Guest AuntJess

The first time I saw him on C4's Little Brother I thought typical C4, putting another freak on the box.

Some folk will do anything to satisfy their curiousity. :o Or maybe they like a bit of 'rough'. To me he is too much 'rough' to be remotely acceptable. <_<

Agree with all that,but watch Ponderland.If you don't laugh then you probably like My Family or Love thy Neighbour.

Some folk will do anything to satisfy their curiousity. :o Or maybe they like a bit of 'rough'. To me he is too much 'rough' to be remotely acceptable. <_<

I'll never understand a woman's definition of "rough", I would assume this means a boxer rather than this effeminate bloke with his skinny legs. There you go.....

Agree with all that,but watch Ponderland.If you don't laugh then you probably like My Family or Love thy Neighbour.

Okay, next time it's on I will steel myself and watch it.

He's not funny or important now. You said Russel Brand, I thought Russell Grant. I was kinda disappointed not to find some amusing horroscopes tbh

Guest theboltonfury
He's not funny or important now. You said Russel Brand, I thought Russell Grant. I was kinda disappointed not to find some amusing horroscopes tbh

Russel Grant lives with his Mum and I doubt he's the threesome sort. Never judge a book by it's cover though.

No, I like stuff by Chris Morris, Monkey Dust, League of Gentlemen, In Bruges....

I dont find either Brand or Little Britain remotely funny, or even entertaining. I've even persisted with Little Britain just in case I missed something.

Meh

Guest anorthosite

Is he "rough". Or is he just unkempt?

No, I like stuff by Chris Morris, Monkey Dust, League of Gentlemen, In Bruges....

I dont find either Brand or Little Britain remotely funny, or even entertaining. I've even persisted with Little Britain just in case I missed something.

Meh

Essexxxxxxxxxx! Laarndonnnnnnnnnnn! Brilliant.

Guest AuntJess
I'll never understand a woman's definition of "rough", I would assume this means a boxer rather than this effeminate bloke with his skinny legs. There you go.....

Okay, next time it's on I will steel myself and watch it.

Yes I suppose you might imagine a pugilist. As you have no doubt remembered <_< my father used to box in his youth, and he was far from rough. He was always immaculate when he went out socially, and had very high standards of hygiene.He also had gentlemanly conduct with everyone he met. I would not mind betting - having met the lad - that Amir Khan is the same.

MY defo. of rough is someone who is uncouth in manner and not fussy about personal hygiene. Russel Brand looks like he needs a bloody good scrub...with carbolic!!

Funnily enough I've just got back from a trip to my local bargain bookshop and his book 'articles of faith' is in there for 99p - hardback.

Plenty left on the shelf.

Useful tinder, I suppose.

IMO the bloke's an embarrassment - makes me ashamed to be English actually. Seems to represent a redundant (for now) age of ignoble, self-centred, extremely childish indulgence and complete lack of any form of humility.

In more succinct terms - a d!ck.

The fact that so many women appear to find him attractive is rather depressing...

Give me Reggie Perrin (Rossiter version) any day of the week.

I must be getting old.

MY defo. of rough is someone who is uncouth in manner and not fussy about personal hygiene. Russel Brand looks like he needs a bloody good scrub...with carbolic!!

Well you live and learn! So women really like bad breath and BO.

I have to say I agree, where is the comic genius British comics were world famous for? :(

Ricky Gervais & Stephen Merchant, Rhod Gilbert, Frank Skinner, Johnny Vegas, Roy Chubby Brown, Simon Pegg, the Alan Partridge team.

There's comic quality about.

I don't get the current big star though - Micheal McIntyre. Sure he's energetic and keen but doesn't seem very funny.

I always figured women either go for creative types (musicians, artists etc) or driven types (pwoperty developers, drug dealers). I guess Brand is a creative type in a corporate, run of the mill sort of way.

Ricky Gervais & Stephen Merchant, Rhod Gilbert, Frank Skinner, Johnny Vegas, Roy Chubby Brown, Simon Pegg, the Alan Partridge team.

I don't get the current big star though - Micheal McIntyre. Sure he's energetic and keen but doesn't seem very funny.

Always used to think Johnny Vaughan was great at thinking on his feet on the Big Breakfast, could have probably been up there with early Bill Murray and Robin Williams if stand up was big over here.

McIntyre should be done under the trades description act for calling himself a comedian.One I have grown to like is My name is Earl.Not usually a fan of US comedy but I think this might appeal to HPC'ers.very cynical and self deprecatory.

Guest AuntJess

I like Frank Skinner of that lot the others I don't know well. Partridge is a bore and Gervais needs a good slap, IMO.

I like the guys on Mock the Week. Now THAT is my idea of funny, 'specially Frankie Boyle.

As to what women like: Would not like to say for sure. I was responding to a post, speculatively. I really have no idea why they'd take him on. I think they must be desperate, TBH. Or maybe..maybe they find him funny.

A funny man has a better chance of getting someone into bed, than some po-faced specimen.

Oh I agree completely, for the record I don't think he is particulary funny, only the odd guffaw from me when he's about.

But some of the stuff his ex-girlfriend has repeated about what he said regarding the 'threesome whilst she went shopping with his mum' incident just cracked me up. At least he's honest!

I like Frank Skinner of that lot the others I don't know well. Partridge is a bore and Gervais needs a good slap, IMO.

I always thought Skinner was completely unfunny and then he went and lost half his savings in the AIG debacle. That was funny.