House Price Crash Forum
Wait & See

Now That We're All Going To Hell

Good to see the mental on here. Buy into fertiliser, mobile phones (make good detonators), vans (for "delivery"), shotguns are kind of last stand thing, but get a good pump action one for maximum glory. I'd go for a Mach 10 or Uzi personally. Finally, don't blow your top near me :-) Do somewhere that is hated, like the city. Thanks.

I would suggest sitting back, cracking open a cold beer (you may need more than one), and enjoying the ride, there is nothing anyone can do.

What a fantastic idea, I'm gonna do that right now :D

Do we all buy gold bars, shotguns, beans or turn gypsy and roam??

Keep on moving or board up the windows??

This collapse is very unlikely to result in the classic SHTF scenario unless you live in an inner city area or a high tension area, and some event kicks off chaos. It will most likely be a long slide into a new era and a new way of life. Less consumer goods, far higher food costs, less traveling, few jobs, having to make do or repair cars/clothes/appliances etc, increasing crime rate, regular riots and protests, devaluation of currency etc etc.

This is why stockpiling food is not a good idea. Because you may have to keep semi-mobile in order to get a job, or leave a crime ridden area etc etc. Of course a few tins can't do much harm. I don't believe food will ever be entirely unattainable to the masses, it will be a lot higher in price and restricted to UK grown non-meat/dairy staples. So massive dietary changes could be on the way in the long term.

Knowledge on growing your own veg, planting a few fruit trees and learning to forage and store foods is very likely to come in handy in the future. In actual fact, anyone who knows about the collapse should be doing this straight away.

I always find it amusing that, in a real bad SHTF scenario of the sort people here paint, that people assume they will 'survive' better than everyone else by virtue of having a 12-bore and/or a stack of beans???!! Just how many people do you think you could fend off, even with an Uzi, when the rampaging mob are tearing down your front door? What do you do when the beans run out?

Personally, I always think having access to a good sized boat (well stocked with provisions) to flee, is much better. Why the hell would I want to stay put in a Mad Max type situation?! Just sail to Norway, France or slowly country hop your way to whichever place is showing signs of being most desirable.

Edited by anonguest

All essential preparations can be learned from the following:-

Tremors

Mad Max

Waterworld

Dawn of the Dead

The Last Train

Threads

War of the Worlds

Guest happy?
All essential preparations can be learned from the following:-

Tremors

Mad Max

Waterworld

Dawn of the Dead

The Last Train

Threads

War of the Worlds

I think I'd include Whisky Galore!

The plot seems more relevant. The Politician sinks and the locals (ignoring the customs men) set about liberating its cargo.

I could be wrong but I don't think whisky has a best before date i.e. it keeps indefinitely.

dammit - the last train sounds good, checked it on IMDB.

Piratebay aint got it though :(

While you're waiting for The Last Train, try Burt Lancaster in The Train. It's got it all - Art, Trains, Nazis and Burt.

I go with the austerity model. Hello to thirty years of the 1950s. Quite looking forward to it actually, I hate the consumer culture.

I really think that anyone who sees total social breakdown on the way must live in a very dodgy area. And if you do then gold coins and beans will just make you a target.

Guest anorthosite

I would suggest staying away from HPC for a while. It does wonders for your sanity.

Guest happy?
I would suggest staying away from HPC for a while. It does wonders for your sanity.

As your sig and avatar bear witness.

I go with the austerity model. Hello to thirty years of the 1950s. Quite looking forward to it actually, I hate the consumer culture.

Hmmm I remember the internet when only people who could afford a £1500 computer were on it. It was so much better, now its just full of scrubbers on £299 laptops....sigh....

Im a snob and I like being one. :lol:

Guest happy?
Hmmm I remember the internet when only people who could afford a £1500 computer were on it. It was so much better, now its just full of scrubbers on £299 laptops....sigh....

Im a snob and I like being one. :lol:

Forever autumn....

I would suggest sitting back, cracking open a cold beer (you may need more than one), and enjoying the ride, there is nothing anyone can do.

I`m out of beer at the moment, would opening a can of beans be a good idea (plenty in stock) ?

Hey, What brought this on?

I thought everything was hunky dory now and we are heading towards a recovery.

Gordon Brown says so. Why would he lie?

I thought everything was hunky dory now and we are heading towards a recovery.

He's just getting his gun & beans sorted out, will take till about Thursday 3 June 2010. TinFoil.gif

I thought everything was hunky dory now and we are heading towards a recovereh.

I don't usually correct people's spellings, but I made an exception. Edited by Prime Realist 8

He's just getting his gun & beans sorted out, will take till about Thursday 3 June 2010. TinFoil.gif

Seriously though, no firearms officer would grant Barmy Brown a SGC.

Edited by Kilham