House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Ftse To Soar This Week

The sudden surge of people to buy shorts and suntan lotion in mid Spetember will lead to a surge in the FTSE this week - no gloomy predictions, no crash, everything in the garden will be rosy, people putting linen on the line and whitening their smalls!

I was listening to a talk on the radio last night and a New Yorker commented that the DOW was within 10 points this week to where it was on September 11th, 2001.

Anyhow, those bw ankers will be so busy this week doing their final clean of the year before the Winter sets in that they will not have time to panic, short sell or run around screaming "The sky is falling in!".

p.s.

UK house prices will double in price by Thursday afternoon, just before tiffin.

The sudden surge of people to buy shorts and suntan lotion in mid Spetember will lead to a surge in the FTSE this week - no gloomy predictions, no crash, everything in the garden will be rosy, people putting linen on the line and whitening their smalls!

If you know somewhere still selling shorts let me know - you can buy heavy winter coats (which you won't be able to wear for 7 weeks) but nowhere will sell you swimming trunks (cos no one in the UK goes to the gym or indoor swimming apparently from Sept to March). :lol: The madness of British seasonal clothing.

PS Halloween is seven weeks away but all the Halloween stuff is out.

Good to see you back TMT ;)

I'm actually leveraging up my STR fund as we speak to put a 1000 a point bet on the FTSE 100. No stop loss as the market can only go up from here on in.

If you know somewhere still selling shorts let me know - you can buy heavy winter coats (which you won't be able to wear for 7 weeks) but nowhere will sell you swimming trunks (cos no one in the UK goes to the gym or indoor swimming apparently from Sept to March). :lol: The madness of British seasonal clothing.

PS Halloween is seven weeks away but all the Halloween stuff is out.

The Co-Op in Mumbles has Caburys chocolate snowmen and other Christmas sweets in as of last Friday.

Bizarrely, they are flogging Christmas sweets prior to Halloween and Nov 5th - perhaps Caburys are seeing poor sales or maybe they want to stop a hostile take-over by boosting their profit line and share price?

The Co-Op in Mumbles has Caburys chocolate snowmen and other Christmas sweets in as of last Friday.

Boycott them!

Anyone up for trying to organise a consumer boycott of ANY retailer who inflicts "christmas" stuff on us before the start of December?

Boycott them!

Anyone up for trying to organise a consumer boycott of ANY retailer who inflicts "christmas" stuff on us before the start of December?

I verbally voiced this to a crowded shop but people just looked at me as if I was mad. Children now point at me in the street and say "Mummy, there's the man who hates Christmas!" :blink: