House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Sex Bands Has Your Child Got One?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Sex-band-outrage.5641787.jp

AN OUTRAGED South Yorkshire mum has hit out at a sexually-explicit children's fashion craze which is sweeping the nation.

Youngsters up and down the country are sporting so-called 'shag bands' - bendy plastic wrist bangles which look just like innocent friendship bracelets and come in an array of trendy neon colours.

But the idea behind them is the wearer twists two of the bands together - and then jokingly agrees to sleep with whoever gets close enough to snap the bands apart.

Most kids wearing the intertwined bracelets are youngsters in their teens - but because the bands cost as little as £1 a pack they are readily affordable for any child to buy with their pocket money.

Young children across the country without full understanding of the bands' true sexual meaning are buying them, wearing them, and talking about them.

Shannel Johnson, from Totley, Sheffield, says her eight-year-old daughter Harleigh picked up the bands for just £1 in the Blue Banana shop in Orchard Square in the city centre.

But it was only when the mother and daughter got home, and Harleigh told Shannel the bracelets were called 'shag bands', that the shocked 32-year-old realised she had bought something entirely inappropriate for children.

The mum-of-three, from Totley, said: "Initially I didn't see the harm in her having these bands - in my day they were called friendship bracelets.

"But later that day, as she was showing off her bands, Harleigh told me and other family members, 'These are called shag bands - you join two together and whoever snaps them apart you have to shag them'.

"I was horrified. As this seems to be the latest fad aimed at young children I don't think they have an appropriate name and meaning at all.

"What kind of message is this sending to children?"

Shannel added: "I am outraged especially as Britain has the highest rates of teenage pregnancy. I would never in a million years have let her buy these bands if I had known what they meant at the time.

"My daughter is eight years old, young and innocent, and I don't want her influenced by such things. I believe a child shouldn't be old before their time.

"I now have my three-old-daughter copying her and talking about the bands."

So if you snap these bands off is the contract binding that you must have sex?

Guest X-QUORK
I suppose, the worst part is that if a parent confiscates it (and by doing so, snaps the bands apart), then the parent then has to shag the child!

Won't somebody please think about the children!

etc.

For the love of God, society is breaking down.

Guest absolutezero
For the love of God, society is breaking down.

And has been since Socrates or Plato or someone like that moaned about it 2000 years ago....

Guest anorthosite
Won't somebody please think about the children!

Just don't think about them too much, or you're a kiddie fiddler.

Shannel Johnson, from Totley, Sheffield, says her eight-year-old daughter Harleigh picked up the bands for just £1 in the Blue Banana shop in Orchard Square in the city centre

I've come to the conclusion that Darwin was spouting absolute b0llocks.

Slow news day made-up rubbish.

http://www.snopes.com/risque/school/bracelet.asp

I do wonder what message a parent is sending when she allows her 8 year old daughter to use the word "shag" in front of her and "other family members". I'd have got a clip round the ear if I used language like that in front of my mother. In fact, probably still would. :ph34r:

I do wonder what message a parent is sending when she allows her 8 year old daughter to use the word "shag" in front of her and "other family members". I'd have got a clip round the ear if I used language like that in front of my mother. In fact, probably still would. :ph34r:

Someone had to say it.... well done that man.

Of course, if that is what a few people WANT them to be for them, then that is what they are, for them. They are just bits of plastic. They have no meaning but the meaning people choose to give them. A bit like a certain rather inert and generally useless heavy metal, in fact.

Interesting, but could a something that's a hoax become fact?

Interesting, but could a something that's a hoax become fact?

It seems pretty unlikely doesn't it. All thats happened here is a stupid woman with a stupid name has become convinced of a playground urban myth. I dare say it has happened that the gullible are occasionally persuaded of this sort of thing by people with an aim in mind but on the whole, looks like rubbish to me.

Lets imagine somehow its true, the issue isn't bracelets is it.

Or do you mean to tell me you let the wife out of the house on her own with her car keys?

We all know about car key parties don't we.

Or do you mean to tell me you let the wife out of the house on her own with her car keys?

We all know about car key parties don't we.

There are parties involving car keys!!! God you mean she could come back with some old piece of junk after playing swapsies?

She left early this morning with the car and the keys. My god she could be anywhere, doing anything.

This going to work could just be a clever ruse.....

There are parties involving car keys!!! God you mean she could come back with some old piece of junk after playing swapsies?

She left early this morning with the car and the keys. My god she could be anywhere, doing anything.

This going to work could just be a clever ruse.....

A song for you: