House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mega

Nu Labour Would Like To Thank Our Brave Armed Forces

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle6832363.ece

Now that you have a lack of arms or legs would you now P*ss Off, we have LOTS of other wars to fight in as yet.

Mike

Ex RAF Regiment myself so I find this disgusting. The wounded need to remain within the family of the armed forces not told to get lost, it's for your own good. I think the stat is for every killed in action from IEDs there are six badly wounded. If we can't afford it, then don't fight wars in other people's counties.

Sorry but get with the plan they aren't bankers or politicians so their well being and welfare is irrelevant to the government, just like everyone else.

There is something wrong with society in the UK and is it surprising when the people in charge are so corrupt and self serving. What chance do those at the bottom have with such role models.

Truly disgusting. If they need to find money then they should cut out the deadwood, from the top. During past reviews it was found that the army is top heavy, a couple of hundred generals absorbing a huge percentage of the budget yet entirely unnecessary. Rather than cut the old boys or retire them while they can still string a sentence together, regiments were disbanded or amalgamated. The army is rotten all the way down to colonel with only a few exceptions.

"The MoD admitted last week that 14.6% of the armed forces — 25,400 of the 174,000 service personnel — are unfit for combat duties."

as for the quoted figures, many will be women that can't run further than the shower or chefs that haven't seen their feet for a couple of years and clerks that don't fit in a standard chair anymore and have to have uniform specially made for them. All of that dross should be dropped like a sack of sh1t because that is what they are. However, anyone carrying injuries that is still capable of carrying out a job or instructing should be kept so long as they are productive, regardless of combat fitness. Those too badly injured to be productive should be retired but should be fully supported in every way for however long it takes.

Truly disgusting. If they need to find money then they should cut out the deadwood, from the top. During past reviews it was found that the army is top heavy, a couple of hundred generals absorbing a huge percentage of the budget yet entirely unnecessary. Rather than cut the old boys or retire them while they can still string a sentence together, regiments were disbanded or amalgamated. The army is rotten all the way down to colonel with only a few exceptions.

"The MoD admitted last week that 14.6% of the armed forces — 25,400 of the 174,000 service personnel — are unfit for combat duties."

as for the quoted figures, many will be women that can't run further than the shower or chefs that haven't seen their feet for a couple of years and clerks that don't fit in a standard chair anymore and have to have uniform specially made for them. All of that dross should be dropped like a sack of sh1t because that is what they are. However, anyone carrying injuries that is still capable of carrying out a job or instructing should be kept so long as they are productive, regardless of combat fitness. Those too badly injured to be productive should be retired but should be fully supported in every way for however long it takes.

I've got to agree that senior raking officers are not doing their job and are just looking after their place in Whitehall.

Keep the women away from the combat, I know some of my ex regiment guys that went to an IED blast and one casualty was a girl who lost both legs and an arm, it was an experience that they weren't prepared for.

With regard to combat fitness, fat clerks and cooks should not be in combat they don't have the training, just get them to pass the BFT.

I've got to agree that senior raking officers are not doing their job and are just looking after their place in Whitehall.

Keep the women away from the combat, I know some of my ex regiment guys that went to an IED blast and one casualty was a girl who lost both legs and an arm, it was an experience that they weren't prepared for.

With regard to combat fitness, fat clerks and cooks should not be in combat they don't have the training, just get them to pass the BFT.

thing is, they skew the figures because many can't pass a bft or cft so are not fit for deployment, what use they would actually be is another matter.

Guest eight

The way I see it is, the armed forces actually carry out foreign policy. It's all very well Tony deciding we're going to invade somewhere, but on his own he is impotent - he needs a load of servile idiots to do his bidding. If any of them should get blown up, why should I care? Many (most?) of those who have died signed up since the current offensives kicked off, which means they must wholeheartedly agree with them. Well, not in my name, as the man said. I wouldn't go so far as to say that a British soldier getting blown up is exactly a good thing, but I have about as much sympathy for them as I do for somebody who dies playing chicken with a train.

eight

Guest X-QUORK
The way I see it is, the armed forces actually carry out foreign policy. It's all very well Tony deciding we're going to invade somewhere, but on his own he is impotent - he needs a load of servile idiots to do his bidding. If any of them should get blown up, why should I care? Many (most?) of those who have died signed up since the current offensives kicked off, which means they must wholeheartedly agree with them. Well, not in my name, as the man said. I wouldn't go so far as to say that a British soldier getting blown up is exactly a good thing, but I have about as much sympathy for them as I do for somebody who dies playing chicken with a train.

eight

Your mother would be so proud of you.