House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moneyfornothing

Quote Of The Day

The entire non-Western world rightly sees serious inflationary pressures down the track in the US, UK and other nations where political cowardice has resulted in irresponsible money printing.

And here is me thinking that Gordon Brown was famed for his courage - he wrote the book on it did'nt he? :lol:

And here is me thinking that Gordon Brown was famed for his courage - he wrote the book on it did'nt he? :lol:

Yebbut he wasn't there when the independent BoE dun the printing, innit?

Anyone gotta Macavity piccie?

The bottom line, really is that we are not seeing - or have not over recent years (that really is the problem) - actions which are in the best interests of the country. What we are seeing are politically motivated short-term measures, akin to the naughty be caught out or the caught red handed but denying culpability.

It is worse than cowardice, I think it is treason. The damage was really done in the intervening years dressed up in prudence and no more boom and bust, but basically officially sanctioned living beyond our means and the worshipping off false Gods on the alter of high house prices. How anyone thought this was a good idea (long term) is beyond me...

Edit: extraneous 'a' (funny that you only notice it when quoted!)

Edited by tinker

The bottom line, really is that we are not seeing - or have not over recent years (that really is the problem) - actions which are in the best interests of the country. What we are seeing are politically motivated short-term measures, akin to the naughty be caught out or the caught red handed but denying culpability.

It is worse than cowardice, I think it is treason. The damage was really done in the intervening years dressed up in prudence and no more boom and bust, but basically a officially sanctioned living beyond our means and the worshipping off false Gods on the alter of high house prices. How anyone thought this was a good idea (long term) is beyond me...

IT all started when the knowledge economy soundbite hit the news - that was the first sign that we exported BS and imported everything else that was useful. We killed our ability to produce anything as a sacrifice to our banker and knowledge gods.

Brown and Blair will not be treated kindly by history - they sold us a pup with teeth.

Edited by IMHAL

It is worse than cowardice, I think it is treason. The damage was really done in the intervening years dressed up in prudence and no more boom and bust, but basically a officially sanctioned living beyond our means and the worshipping off false Gods on the alter of high house prices. How anyone thought this was a good idea (long term) is beyond me...

It's about following disasterous policies designed to keep Brown going to the next election; it's about solving today's problems with those of tomorrow and damn doing the right thing.

And Brown has his very own bum-boy to do his bidding - that weak sap Mervyn King.

It's tragic really. of course without the internet I would be seething in silent isolation.

You really have to wonder with supposedly so many clever people at the top why are they making such bad decisions or at least not questioning them. There really must be a juicy (blackmail) file somewhere on the key protagonists in this Shakespearian tragedy that is unfolding before our eyes.

Is this an economic disaster I see before me, 'tis riddled with scheming and shadow. Suffer the fools, whilst cackle the wise men in their gentlemen's establishements.

Edited by tinker

It's tragic really. of course without the internet I would be seething in silent isolation.

You really have to wonder with supposedly so many clever people at the top why are they making such bad decision or at least not questioning them. There really must be a juicy (blackmail) file somewhere on the key protagonists in this Shakespearian tragedy that is unfolding before our eyes.

Is this an economic disaster I see before me, 'tis riddled with scheming and shadow. Suffer the fools, whilst cackle the wise men in their gentlemen's establishements.

I dunno, Sarah Brown seems too nice to be Lady MacBeth, Cherie on the other hand..

Guest joeschmo
It's about following disasterous policies designed to keep Brown going to the next election; it's about solving today's problems with those of tomorrow and damn doing the right thing.

And Brown has his very own bum-boy to do his bidding - that weak sap Mervyn King.

Jeese, second post of yours today in which you refer to someone being gay...latent/frustrated homosexual yourself by any chance?

Edited by joeschmo

Are you 12 years old? What's with all the homophobia on this board? Weird.

I dont want burglers in my botty either, thank you very much.

Jeese, second post of yours today in which you refer to someone being gay...latent/frustrated homosexual yourself by any chance?

Are you a frustrated 'weekend home owner who can't shift their seaside flat' by any chance? Its nice to see your caring side on this thread. Makes a nice change from the 'sneering about people who rent' persona on the Brighton thread .

Guest joeschmo

Are you 12 years old? What's with all the homophobia on this board? Weird.
Pathetic isnt it, "playground" humour from grown men is so unattractive. The homophobia on this site is incredible.

Beijing doesn't want the US to stagnate. China has too much to lose. But even if China and US work together to avoid a meltdown, the currency markets could provide one anyway.

The US meltdown I think has caught China by surprise, I think they anticipated this debt led expansion could have gone on for a while yet.