House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@contradevian

Three.co.uk 3g Broadband

Anyone else experiencing diabolical 3G mobile broadband from Three this afternoon?

Been out and about in East London and failed to connect to the internet anywhere despite "strong" 3G signals. Thank goodness that Orange works.

I wouldn't recommend Three Mobile 3G Broadband at all. The dongles are a total rip off. If you manage to connect at all its more by luck than anything else.

The connections are successful, but there is no routing, can't ping anything. Needless to say there is no status page, so left in the dark.

Anyone else experiencing diabolical 3G mobile broadband from Three this afternoon?

Been out and about in East London and failed to connect to the internet anywhere despite "strong" 3G signals. Thank goodness that Orange works.

I wouldn't recommend Three Mobile 3G Broadband at all. The dongles are a total rip off. If you manage to connect at all its more by luck than anything else.

The connections are successful, but there is no routing, can't ping anything. Needless to say there is no status page, so left in the dark.

Mine works like a dream. But they did stick a mast in the middle of the green.

Errm, what does "can't ping anything" mean? :unsure:

Oh its a total shambles joke service.

Transpires I'd exceeded my usage. Don't know how as I'v hardly used it, because it never works!

Anyway logged into My3 to top up, click on the credit card it has on file, and then get an error "service not available."

I give up with Three. And as for Orange their service has been so slow today (from anywhere) to be unusable.

My verdict on 3g mobile broadband? Pretty much a waste of time.

Never one to miss an opportunity to slag off arguably the worst broadband service in history. So I won't. 3 mobile broadband is the worst broadband ever. Avoid it if you value your sanity.

Never one to miss an opportunity to slag off arguably the worst broadband service in history. So I won't. 3 mobile broadband is the worst broadband ever. Avoid it if you value your sanity.

OK - I agree. Now how do I unlock the dongle so that I can use it on other networks?

p-o-p

OK - I agree. Now how do I unlock the dongle so that I can use it on other networks?

p-o-p

Don't know, you can p1ss around with the networks in the dial-up program but it's still rubbish. It might help the can't ping issue, worth a punt.

ping is a command line tool available on pretty much any OS for testing network connections.

Can't believe it's not mentioned on the wiki page but did you know ping actually stands for Packet INternet Groper? Sorry if you've just sucked an egg.

edit: capitalised the N in Internet to look clever

Using 3 now from a car park in Docklands. Working quite well.

Shame I can't seem to top up on line from the three website. So I have to go into a shop, buy top up then create an "add on."

Seems long winded, but better than nothing.

3 is over charging people on the usage and the reason i know this is i used 3 to do a bit of screen scraping and knew the amount of data i had recived that was Gziped and yet 3 charged more per GB then if it was raw HTML.

steer clear

Can't believe it's not mentioned on the wiki page but did you know ping actually stands for Packet INternet Groper? Sorry if you've just sucked an egg.

edit: capitalised the N in Internet to look clever

I did not know that. (said in appropriate voice of semi-incredulity/interest).

3 mobile broadband has just been unavailable for me for the last hour and a frustrating bit!! :angry:

Anybody else have this? Or are they round robining the bandwidth now?

Or have they had to wake up Ted in Wisconsin to kick the server?

What a crud load of crap 3 broadband is

3 mobile broadband is rubbish

3 mobile broadband is junk

3 mobile broadband is useless

3 mobile broadband is a waste of money

Guest DisposableHeroes

For a year and a half it's been reliable and runs at a speed I'm happy with (static home use). The last couple of weeks however have not been good, a couple of days where the connection took a few minutes to load a single simple html page and on average slower too. It seems to work more reliably during unsociable hours. Hopefully it's blip.

TRY SWITCHING YOUR LAPTOP ON!!!!!

I've got Three broadband and its fine!

Can't see how pinging would be stopped. And how can you try pinging if you can't get a connection? I have no problem pinging. If you can't ping you don't have a connection. Can you spell "computer"?

I'm in a good area and get the full 2.5mbps promised, though it varies from time of day. Strangely, I get best speed during peak hours.