House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spoony

What Happened To 50% Off?

The Tory Policy of crash and burn weren't followed.

Manipulation of the markets helped keep house prices up....but better still.....a quicker economic recovery

The Tory Policy of crash and burn weren't followed.

Manipulation of the markets helped keep house prices up....but better still.....a quicker economic recovery

for now...

I still think it will happen. I don't believe we've hit anything like the bottom.

I'd say it's just that the next phases of the drops in prices will be slower and last longer.

This is necessary, as by the time we get to the bottom people have to have forgotten all about what happened so we can have our next stupid boom.

the truth must be faced as bad as the truth is, they were wrong the crash whimpered out at around 15 % in my neck of the woods, it is now a mere 8% and month upon month the margin is getting smaller.

I Predict the next crash will be bigger i am predicting 2022 it will happen and it will be at least a 60% crash.

Edited by dunedin

the truth must be faced as bad as the truth is, they were wrong the crash whimpered out at around 15 % in my neck of the woods, it is now a mere 8% and month upon month the margin is getting smaller.

I Predict the next crash will be bigger i am predicting 2022 it will happen and it will be at least a 60% crash.

I love the way this has all turned out ...

My mortgage is dirt cheap (I can now overpay by a factor of 3 times) and my "equity recovery" investments are earning more annualised than my job ever would

This is probably once in a lifetime stuff. Ride it while it lasts.

I'm still in agreement with the video: 50% drop from peak prices by 2011

Yes, we are in a strange hiatus at the moment, where everyone is trying to tell me the crash/recession is over, and I feel it hasn't hardly begun. Why is that? Firstly, there's an election coming up, so the press is giving us feel good stories, and the government is printing notes (here and in US). My feeling is that directly the government is forced to stop printing notes (by a collapse in the currency), the crash will resume.

Why? Houses are still way more than 3 x people's (falling salaries), and the rise in job losses hasn't stopped yet (in fact, it's still accelerating). So directly the election windfalls stop, (and the tories start sacking 20% of government workers), the downward fall in house prices will resume.

yeah, some VI on doomberg talking about why the stock market was the place to be....BECAUSE of the unemployment and lack of lending, Companies are NOW starting to get more profitable....they dont need as many customers these days because they are so lean.

it will be great when they have zero customers...and zero costs...stock market higher than a 1 bed bedsit.

12 trillion in stimulus...ALL EXTRA tax must have a small effect of this, surely.

I'm still in agreement with the video: 50% drop from peak prices by 2011

Yes, we are in a strange hiatus at the moment, where everyone is trying to tell me the crash/recession is over, and I feel it hasn't hardly begun. Why is that? Firstly, there's an election coming up, so the press is giving us feel good stories, and the government is printing notes (here and in US). My feeling is that directly the government is forced to stop printing notes (by a collapse in the currency), the crash will resume.

Why? Houses are still way more than 3 x people's (falling salaries), and the rise in job losses hasn't stopped yet (in fact, it's still accelerating). So directly the election windfalls stop, (and the tories start sacking 20% of government workers), the downward fall in house prices will resume.

picture2nj.jpg

Does anyone have an updated version of this chart. If it was updated it would show the recent rise in property is completely unprecedented. You also see how the the top is completely unprecedented in the way it was manipulated.

If the UK can escape the pain due to all the manipulation of the market why is the US allowing theirs to correct largely uninhibited? The market always wins and 50% from peak to trough is almost a certainty. The US will be out of their housing recession in the next few years, will will only just be getting going.

The government would be mad not to go for an election in the next few months, the subsequent crash that follows can be blamed on the new government for allowing repossessions, government run banks being very lenient currently and practicing what seem very dubious practice of selling property to themselves so they do not suppress current prices.

People buying now in my view will be no better off in 5 years time than those who bought at peak.

Edited by Confounded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzvuS22HnSY

I must have been too busy celebrating the HPC at the time because I missed it.

Do we think 50% is impossible now? All the other 'experts' generally agreed with FP on this programme.

Also what a difference in sentiment since then!!!

Yes, they will go down 50%. We are at the first stage of HPC, nothing has changed and its all going as predicted.

They have fallen 50% priced in everything except £.

I was going to say that £ slide against Euro, plus 20% house price falls

I think it was Mock The Week who said lots of French coming over and buying up holiday cottages in Birmingham :lol:

Guest KingCharles1st

Don't forget a bit of inflation as soon as the City thinks it can rush the punters- except HP will have stagnated so there's the last little bit.

Is it possible that prices will rise in a silly fashion between now and the next general election while prices rise and rates are low that famous feelgood factor will re ignite and Brown will get what he wants.Then once in the door he will let the inevitable occur?Prices were falling nicely where I live in the South east and were about 20% down from peak at christmas but in the last few months they are back to close on those peak prices and what I can't believe is they are selling too. :angry: