House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDavola

For Those Of You Who Rent...

Been looking at places to rent, and some, in particular some apartments, seem stupidly expensive.

I'd like to get a feeling of the kind of prices people are actually paying.

So, those who rent and who don't mind letting me know:

1) How much do you pay in rent per month? (inclusive of rates)

2) What sort of house/flat do you rent?

3) Roughly what area is it in?

1) £480 pcm

2) 3 bed townhouse, ensuite bathroom, tiny garden.

3) Decent end of Ballymena, close to roads leading to town and the motorway. Content to stay for another year or two until the ideal house is affordable to buy.

1). £500 pcm inclusive of rates

2). 3 bed detached house. 3 bathrooms (2 bedrooms en suite), Office/study, lounge, large kitchen with utility room and all white goods, patio to rear garden. No garage tho so car is parked in my driveway.

3). Mountsandel, Coleraine

You all seem to be getting alot for your money - good on you!

Maybe it's just Belfast that is overpriced; here's an example I just stumbled accross 5 mins ago:

http://belfast.gumtree.com/belfast/58/45282658.html

Look at the second pic - illustrates how tiny the living room is - and for between 725 and 1000 per month. On PN, the very cheapest 2 beds there are 650 - alot of them cost more.

I just can't fathom that people are actually paying these prices for tiny apartments!

Maybe it's just Belfast that is overpriced; here's an example I just stumbled accross 5 mins ago:

Look at the second pic - illustrates how tiny the living room is - and for between 725 and 1000 per month. On PN, the very cheapest 2 beds there are 650 - alot of them cost more.

I just can't fathom that people are actually paying these prices for tiny apartments!

Better to search for a 3 bed and leave the other bedroom spare. I know that there are some 3 bedroom decent terrace houses going for £450 pcm

Been looking at places to rent, and some, in particular some apartments, seem stupidly expensive.

600 all in

4 bedroom townhouse with 3 bathrooms and garden out the back

Beside Clonard Monastry

Do people pay those prices ? or is that just what a BTL'er needs to cover the interest only loan ;)

The last place we rented in Belfast... to March 2009:

1) 550

2) A splendid 4BR terrace (not a run of the mill 2+2)

3) Lower Holywood Road (Lomond Ave)

Presently:- 2 rooms and shared bathroom and kitchen in large house in Moira - £240 PM (Inc. rates)

Previously (6 months ago):- 1 bedroom bungalow with garage, again in Moira - £320 PM (Inc. rates)

£600 pm incl of rates - good end of B`mena - 4 bedroom,3 reception room,garage,2 bathrooms,2 cloakrooms,big kitchen and big garden.

Moving in October after d nuptials (and all d while the hp`s are falling B)

Edited by redprince

interesting topic.

1) £700. landlord is paying rates i assume.

2) what i currently have is a 2 bed, new build. really well furnished. no outside space. 772 sq ft. top floor.light.nice.

3) i rent a 2 bed apartment off the lisburn road in south belfast

at the time of renting i was also renting in london. now im mostly in belfast and stay at a friends in london . lease is up on my place so looking for something else at the mo and i also occassionally go to the dark side and think about buying but havent viewed anything as deep down i know we are not near the bottom.

looking for something bigger with some form of outside space apartment or semi. needs to be modern and well furnished. easy to keep, to busy enjoying life to be soending too much time cleaning etc! these types of properties

-nice,modern,really well furnished are in short supply in BT9 and rental prices seem excessive but on the whole properties do seem to get rented at these prices.

i also have some unusual requirements that I need to be close to the BT exchange on Windsor Avenue/Lisburn Rd as need faster internet possible.

this would be of interest to me for example

http://www.propertypal.com/ingleside-apart...k-belfast/67979

1300 sq ft. i have an offer of 900 rejected.

place was for sale for 550k dropped to 385k.unsold being rented out.

altho has no outside space

Edited by getdoon_weebobby

£750/month all in for 4 bed townhouse. Brand new. Location (in relation to work) good. Location (for bringing up kids) sucks

I don't particularly like it and will be looking to move out next May. The garden is small and poxy, and the builder is packing them in, but leaving big communal areas

Me and my housemate pay £300pm each for a great 3 bed semi in Sydenham. I thought I was getting a bargain but compared to everyone else on this thread I'm being ripped off! :D

1.850/month incl rates, unfurnished

2. 4 bed detached bungalow (DCV £324K), double garage surround by trees, 30mx30m private garden at back + about 2/3 that at the front including drive. In poor condition but managable for us/developer wanting to build, lots of resistance for planning. Any work I do a just renegotiate the rent.

3. Holywood, 10mins walk from town centre

Our old place letting as LL

1. £550/month rates+furnished

2. 2 very large bed apartment with fantastic view over lough/trees, listed building

3. Holywood (20 mins from town centre)

Family member:

1. 550/month incl rates

2. 3 large bedroom and gardens

4. Crumlin/countryside

Friend

1. £600/month incl rates+furnished (I think)

2. Modern 2 bed large apartment.

3. Stormont beside same hotel.

geedon - watch out for rates. Above DCV £250K (I think) you are the default rate payer. Make sure your contract is clear about it, you will need to send it to them when they send you the bill.

I also commented that apartment rents are too high generally, our old place is miles above many £500/month apartments I have seen, yet only £50 more. Mainly I think the bottom end is held up by the NIHE, who have been taken in by developers and want to 'support' the private rental. Of course they are just generating a weak industry.

geedon - watch out for rates. Above DCV £250K (I think) you are the default rate payer. Make sure your contract is clear about it, you will need to send it to them when they send you the bill.

thanks ride on. i never knew this was the case. DCV on apartment is thankfully just below 250k. I must check my lease but I am sure I am ok. Previously I thought rule of thumb was owner pays if rented property is furnished or unless they stipulate rent doesnt include rates.

Edited by getdoon_weebobby

1200pcm; 1 bed flat in Hampstead. No central heating or double glazing (double glazing not allowed due to conservation area), but best place I've ever lived in London. Obviously I can afford to heat it.... and I love being on a leafy street next to loads of green.

Would have moved, but know I'll get sucked up to the next level of price (around 2000pcm).

1. 500 inclusive of rates.

2. 3 bed semi - lovely ta.

3. carnmoney

I lived in carnmoney :) Just up at the top of the "big hill" :)