HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
It's strange how we all blame the BBC for bias, but when it comes through with the goods we ignore it and talk about 'buy beans to fight hunger"

The thought had occurred. C'mon Beeb-haters, get your fingers out of your ears, stop singing "la, la, la, I'm not listening" and explain this one...

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Do these numbers include the fact that the government might get some/most/all of the money back if/when it comes to sell its stake in the banks? Sure, we had to borrow money to buy them and so the national debt went up, but we do now own some assets on the other side of the deal so it's not as though tens of percent of GDP just vanished into thin air.

HOLA4412
Do these numbers include the fact that the government might get some/most/all of the money back if/when it comes to sell its stake in the banks? Sure, we had to borrow money to buy them and so the national debt went up, but we do now own some assets on the other side of the deal so it's not as though tens of percent of GDP just vanished into thin air.

And what do you think the equivalent annual rate of return will be? As Paul Daniels would say "not a lot".

HOLA4413
It's strange how we all blame the BBC for bias, but when it comes through with the goods we ignore it and talk about 'buy beans to fight hunger" TinFoil.gif

Hey, the BBC is just doing its job.

"Why we can't afford any more bailouts".

HOLA4414
It's strange how we all blame the BBC for bias, but when it comes through with the goods we ignore it and talk about 'buy beans to fight hunger" TinFoil.gif

I have to admit that I was surprised to see the BBC tell us this.

Saying that though, it wasn't actually anti-Labour, they didn't say that spending all that was a bad thing, they were just reporting the figures.

HOLA4415
I have to admit that I was surprised to see the BBC tell us this. Saying that though, it wasn't actually anti-Labour, they didn't say that spending all that was a bad thing, they were just reporting the figures.

Expect to get cut off at the knees.

It's the right thing to do.

HOLA4416
I have to admit that I was surprised to see the BBC tell us this.

Saying that though, it wasn't actually anti-Labour, they didn't say that spending all that was a bad thing, they were just reporting the figures.

Oh ffs - for a start, that would be an opinion not news, and secondly they didn't need to. No one looking at the graphs is going to think 'phew'. (well, no one British...)

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

These facts remind me to not give into the insane rally and hold off buying for 10-15 years because the uk is firmly in the poo. Better still leave the country and certainly take the investments out of the pound (when the rates get more favourable) We are still doomed - its just the media has forgotten it.