House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Insider Selling/buying Ratio Hits 95:1

I don't understand this seller/buyer ration.

If the market is rising there must be more buyers than sellers. So if more people are selling buy a ration of 100:1 the market should tank.

It does occur to me that insiders might not actually have a clue what they are doing and that this might just be a red herring.

I want the markets to crash so badly but don't want to act like some over excited puppy every time some piece of non news comes around that should be bearish yet the markets continue to rise.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/most-rece...-ratio-hits-95x

'Not sure if there is a glitch in FinViz' data, but the most recent data indicates a ratio of 95x of insider selling $35 million to insiders buy of a whopping $367,720. If anyone has more definitive data, please advise, however a ratio of nearly 100x sellers to buyers is pretty conclusive of who is selling to the robots, as the bids are gunned ever higher, and all asset classes (of course, not the dollar) keep going higher. '

no wonder the banks and IFA's have been on the hard sell.

Quite - been listening in on another thread, and numerous people have had there brokers recently call them advising them its a good time to buy stocks - there laughing - everyone knows this is built on sand. The trouble is there has to be an exchange of a buyer and a seller for the exchange to take place - thus they need to suck new people in.

When this crashes it will be quick and swift - RIP pensions

Hope you follow market ticker denniger

The numbers of buyers or sellers doesn't matter. It's weighted by money.

e.g. 1 rich buyer can push prices up in the face of 100 small sellers.

All that matters is the price at which both a buyer and a seller agree.

The numbers of buyers or sellers doesn't matter. It's weighted by money.

e.g. 1 rich buyer can push prices up in the face of 100 small sellers.

All that matters is the price at which both a buyer and a seller agree.

Correct - and when that buyer is the fed - thats a large buyer - so in the end - its the tax payer thats going to take it on the chin, while the insiders all get out.

I remember reading some time ago that many of the shareholders, of the family shareholder type (i remember GAP family being one of them i think), are busy selling intot the strength.

edit - found the link http://seekingalpha.com/article/133038-ins...-into-the-rally

Edited by Pearshape

I don't understand this seller/buyer ration.

If the market is rising there must be more buyers than sellers. So if more people are selling buy a ration of 100:1 the market should tank.

It does occur to me that insiders might not actually have a clue what they are doing and that this might just be a red herring.

I want the markets to crash so badly but don't want to act like some over excited puppy every time some piece of non news comes around that should be bearish yet the markets continue to rise.

This is INSIDER buy/sell ratio - basically, the ratio of company directors buying versus selling their own stock. Insiders KNOW what the prospects are for their company and what they believe its performance and underlying value (given equities values are ultimately supposed to reflect the value of the stream of future dividends). They are uniquely placed to judge the true value of their company.

The boiler rooms have started to run through the telephone directories ringing people up on spec telling them they should be "in the market" for e.g 20% returns year on year. Only they know how to achieve these returns.

The market can't be far from tanking now.

Edited by billybong

When this crashes it will be quick and swift - RIP pensions

Many final salary pension funds are moving a lot of money out of equities these days.

Perhaps not the case for individuals in money purchase schemes though.

Guest The Relaxation Suite
The market can't be far from tanking now.

You got that right. The Great Crash of 2007 was actually so big and bad that governments simply couldn't let it happen. They were looking at a total reformation of the power and banking structure. This is why the massive printing programmes happened even though all the powers that be know how irresponsible and dangerous it would be. However, the market always corrects itself. That's the thing with the market - you can enjoy its wealth-producing aspects but you have to take thr rough with the smooth. that's the deal.

This sucker is going down, and it's going to happen fast and hard and soon.