House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Executive Sadman

Zombie Nation

Meh.

Cheap electronics made in China, bought with borrowed money via foreign owned UK gilts fuelling the banks; and cheap electronics run by expensive foreign controlled energy conglomerates.

We did the same thing to China in the 18th century via the "Opium Wars".

Turn around is fair play. History repeating, only with the poles inverted.

Tell me how any of this is good? A plasma TV has a lifespan of maybe 5-8 years if lucky?

ouroborus.JPG

Meh.

Cheap electronics made in China, bought with borrowed money via foreign owned UK gilts fuelling the banks; and cheap electronics run by expensive foreign controlled energy conglomerates.

We did the same thing to China in the 18th century via the "Opium Wars".

Turn around is fair play. History repeating, only with the poles inverted.

Tell me how any of this is good? A plasma TV has a lifespan of maybe 5-8 years if lucky?

ouroborus.JPG

Does China produce ANYTHING, other than big Plasma televisions??

Does China produce ANYTHING, other than big Plasma televisions??

Yep, lots of these...

chinese-kids.jpg

Willing to make these...

electronics-store.jpg

In trade for these...

OneBillionDollarKennedyBond.jpg

Which in turn are traded for these...

n06gold-bars.jpg

And these...

oil_wells.jpg

And these...

837674-Open-pit-copper-mine-in-Bisbee-0.jpg

To build this...

type-96.jpg

I cannot see a single white person in the crowd. Which country is this ?

You could call up the 2001 census, then apply population growth and non UK births, subtract those who are white from the same growth,

then work out the age of customers from Curry's accounts or publications and search similar purchases till you find a demographic match

, then apply that to Croydon using the same census as step one and build out of that a demographic and assign random values to each

person.

Basically, it doesn't matter who is buying a TV, or the colour of their skin.

Black people will buy Television sets.

Step one http://www.statistics.gov.uk/census2001/profiles/00ah.asp

I think I country in question, is pretty fairly described in the title.

"The 1/4-mile queue for a 42in TV"

Frankly, if these guys are recent immigrants, and of course there is nothing to suggest that they are, I'm thoroughly impressed by their ability to pick up the cultural identity so quickly. I would have expected it would take almost a lifetime to understand the cultural significance of queuing to buy a TV in this country.

God Bless the Great British ¼ mile TV queue.

I think I country in question, is pretty fairly described in the title.

"The 1/4-mile queue for a 42in TV"

Frankly, if these guys are recent immigrants, and of course there is nothing to suggest that they are, I'm thoroughly impressed by their ability to pick up the cultural identity so quickly. I would have expected it would take almost a lifetime to understand the cultural significance of queuing to buy a TV in this country.

God Bless the Great British ¼ mile TV queue.

The original title was " Curry takeaway" which I thought was more apt. Dont know why they changed it

So these people spent about 10-16 hours overnight to save about £300 on a TV. False economy there IMO. Unless you quite like standing outside in the cold overnight.

croydon.

Exactly. If this was Currys Beaconsfield i doubt you would see a single non-white face in the crowd. Although on the other hand given its Beaconsfield they would probably pay some peasant from Acton or Hounslow to queue, so maybe you would.

"Gosh, thats horrific. What have you done you labour voters, turning our country into an ethnic ghetto."

You're aiming at the wrong target.

It was the right wing wealth generators that created so many of the immigration issues that GB faces today.

They created the vibrant economy that attracted so many of these people and they were so, so happy to be able to pay their workers less than previously.

And then when certain issues arise that are beyond the range of their myopic lunging for profit at any cost, these right wing wealth generators blame the pinkos.

Has anyone ever met a pinko that's added a penny to the gross national product?

To this economy, that for all its failure, recession and slump can still attract and retain so many migrants?

Am I jesting?

A little, maybe.

But there is many a true word spoken in jest.

How about all those people, the backbone of the British economy, the owners and runners of SME's, who only run small and medium enterprises because they haven't yet figured out how to grow their stuff into big stuff, who tend to be the most anti immigrant and anti pinko, how about that lot spare a thought for the beam in their own eye before worrying about the saw dust in the eye of the pinko?