House Price Crash Forum

Google Search Box Bigger

pl1

HOLA441

What a terrible sight to behold! It's big and ugly and in the way. Is it for short-sighted people? Won't people who can't see too well already be wearing glasses when they are looking at Google? The new Google search box is terrible and should be reverted back to it's original size at the earliest opportunity. This lot agree with me:

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/oh-grea...x-bigger/13127/

Google search box rubbish, change back Google search box, why have Google changed the size, Google size, search form google big, large, rubbish, terrible, view, text size, view/text size, search form Google too big, abhorrent, appalling, atrocious, awe-inspiring, awesome, awful, beastly, dangerous, desperate, dire, disastrous, disturbing, dread, dreaded, dreadful, extreme, fearful, frightful, ghastly, gruesome, harrowing, hateful, hideous, horrendous, horrid, horrifying, inconvenient, loathsome, monstrous, obnoxious, odious, offensive, petrifying, poor, repulsive, revolting, rotten, serious, severe, shocking, unfortunate, unnerving, unpleasant, unwelcome, vile

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Mine is the same as usual. Perhaps ggogle have a downer on you or you may have a brain tumour because that can cause the enlarged image you think you are seeing

I think you have optic nerve disease as you clearly didn't read the link. It's big n' ugly and you might be cached?

HOLA447
I like the suggestions Google throws up.

For instance type in 'why is there a ' and see if you notice anything strange in the list of suggestions.

Another good one is 'gordon brown is '

I was looking for a new shower earier in the year, I just got pages and pages a birds plssing on each other.

It was fantastic :)

HOLA448

I've made the first page of Google about it's disparagingly large search box and buttons:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&s...amp;aq=f&oq=

My fight continues! :angry:

Google search bar larger ample, barn door, blimp, booming, broad, bulky, capacious, colossal, comprehensive, considerable, copious, enormous, excessive, exorbitant, extensive, extravagant, full, generous, giant, gigantic, goodly, grand, grandiose, great, gross, hefty, huge, humongous*, immeasurable, immense, jumbo, liberal, massive, monumental, mountainous, plentiful, populous, roomy, sizable, spacious, stupendous, substantial, super, sweeping, thumping, tidy, vast, voluminous, whopping, wide

HOLA449
HOLA4410

you know, it make s my blood boil. It has to be the single most annoying thing in my life. Ever.

It will take literally hours before i get used to it and forget about the old size.

I think im going to start a discussion on a web forum about it and then build a web page.

oh, someones beat me to it.

HOLA4411
you know, it make s my blood boil. It has to be the single most annoying thing in my life. Ever.

It will take literally hours before i get used to it and forget about the old size.

I think im going to start a discussion on a web forum about it and then build a web page.

At least you're not wasting your time replying to such trifles.

Oh, you have.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

I thought perhaps Google had become so sophisticated it actually knew that I needed to get my eyesight checked/reading glasses.

Mine only changed yesterday or today I think - it appeared to be when I used google map and zoomed in and out a few times - when I next brought up Google it had that oversized text box.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Why not just use the search box built into firefox toolbar. You can pick youtube, ebay, wiki and all sorts without ever having to go to the sites in quiestion! You can also make it as narrow as you like :)

Oh and my browser starts up with Fast Dial add-on instead of a web page. Highly recommended!

HOLA4419

I'm still not used to it. You said I would be. Explain yourself!

• 1 month later...
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I guess everyone's got used to the wider search box now, but Google seem to have perpetrated a new innovation today with a sort of gradual fade-in for some parts of the main search page. Is everyone else getting this as well?

I'm getting the fade effect also. I'm still not used to the bigger Google and co-exist with it now. I'll have to get on with my life with it as best I can.

Archived