House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US Citizen

Debt Collectors On My Back

I recently sold a mobile phone on ebay (tried too), all I got in the way of interest was offers to send the phone to Nigeria. I pulled the phone and sent it to Mazuma mobile and got £12. Anyway I had zero feedback (no surprise it didnt sell really), and so I just thought are ebay going to come after me £10.

Well they did, they use a debt collection firm called IQOR the new name for legal and trade.

First they called me a few weeks ago and I asked them to call back as I was doing my accounts, the silly little t4rt on the end of the phone kept pressing me, instead of doing what she was told. I put the phone down on her but she didnt hang up, so when I went to call me accountant, she was online still trying to press me for money.

I wouldnt tell her my date of birth, she kept asking me she couldnt hold the account any longer if I didnt confirm my d.o.b.

I said to her, that I could give a sh1t, if she held it, sat on it or even stuffed it up her ----- (you get the idea).

She said she would be spoken too like that and hung up.

Well it was about time, hanging around on the phone like that.

They have rang back over 20 times since and each time, I will not confirm my date of birth. I send back there letters as gone away and finally yesterday, another woman phone up and said the usual about confirming date of birth.

She said why was I being like this ?

So I said, being like what ?

Difficult she said and making their jobs harder.

I said, "your job is to phone me up and ask me for money, my job is to resist".

She said "Please Please will you confirm your date of birth".

So I said "No".

She said just say "yes or no then. Is it xx/xx/19xx" ,

so I said "No", thats incorrect.

She said "this is the date of birth they have for me".

So I said "Would you like me to change my birthday, so you can ask me for money, is that what your asking".

She said "Why dont you pay your bills like the rest of us have too".

So I SANG "I am the one and only . . . theres no body I'd rather be (c/o Chesny Hawks)" and hung up.

A few minutes later her so called supervisor rang me and asked the same questions,

So I said " Can I tell you a secret ?"

He said "Yes if you confirm your date of birth"

So I said in my smallest voice " I am ready to tell you my secret now (c/o The Sixth Sense)"

He said "What is your secret ?"

So I said "I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. And I am immortal. ..." (c/o Highlander).

I couldnt help it I just burst out laughing, so did they.

He said, "Unfortunatly we cant call you anymore for laughs unless you give us your date of birth, this will have to be our final call. Will you for the last time of asking give us your date of birth".

So I said "My date of birth is ACCRINGTON STANLEY, WHO ARE THEY".

He hung up promptly.

If the debt collectors come after me, I will make them work for their money and they'll still get nowt.

I am expecting whoever attempts to extort money with menaces on behalf of the DVLA to be bugging me soon.

DVLA "An executive agency of the Department of Transport". What a joke.

A private company that does and can do what ever it like when involves driving and vehicles it even sells the data it has for peanuts to clamper (worst enemies), parking companies and in fact anyone that wants it. £2.50 per 1000 data records.

I am confused by the underlying story.

Did you have a contract with EBAY to pay them £10 in exchange for an attempt to sell your mobile phone?

In which case, isnt it you taking the risk that there might be no offers?

Dont you like honouring your contracts when circumstances go against you?

Are you really Mandy? ;)

No. But I believe <_< he's on MSE, with my photo and using my name. His signature reads

"Never in the history has so much money been asked for from this one man, for so little. His credit report has so many CCJs on it, he began to think it was his name. He wields no power at all and laughs in the face of authority.

He has had his share of battles and won most of them, but he still has persistently lost one of the biggest challenges of all. His right not to be on the electoroll every year. (Not Hon. Peter xxxxxxxxxx - A Freeman of Lancashire)"

I am confused by the underlying story.

Did you have a contract with EBAY to pay them £10 in exchange for an attempt to sell your mobile phone?

Yes.

In which case, isnt it you taking the risk that there might be no offers?

Yes.

Dont you like honouring your contracts when circumstances go against you?

No. I like to win. ;)

Here's what can happen if you refuse to pay this debt.

Iqor get fed up and get a CCJ

Court will order that you pay the debt plus costs.

Refuse to pay this and they will get bailiffs to collect debt (plus their costs).

Your credit rating will suffer and you'll pay higher rates when/if you need to borrow.

Is it worth the hassle for a a £10 debt which iqor probably only paid £3 for?

Offer them a fiver as settlement and get on with your life, Mandy.

Dont worry about it if its a tenner. They wont be able to get a CCJ for £10. Its not worth it and they wont attempt to trace you as it costs more than a £10 to do so.

Looks like you have won already.

Here's what can happen if you refuse to pay this debt.

Iqor get fed up and get a CCJ

Court will order that you pay the debt plus costs.

Refuse to pay this and they will get bailiffs to collect debt (plus their costs).

Your credit rating will suffer and you'll pay higher rates when/if you need to borrow.

Is it worth the hassle for a a £10 debt which iqor probably only paid £3 for?

Offer them a fiver as settlement and get on with your life, Mandy.

I have never had a CCJ (dispite my pun in the above post), because I just return the envelope back, sayiong "Not at this address, gone away". When the court gets this back, the plaintiff loses their £80 or whatever and cant get a CCJ on my name or the address.

DVLA "An executive agency of the Department of Transport". What a joke.

A private company that does and can do what ever it like when involves driving and vehicles it even sells the data it has for peanuts to clamper (worst enemies), parking companies and in fact anyone that wants it. £2.50 per 1000 data records.

Indeed incompetent, disorganised morons acting as if they have the power to impose fines and whatnot. :lol:

This story would be more entertaining if you were in the right. And you're not.

Next time I get cold called by anybody I think I'm going to try and have a few laughs.

They will pass this onto people with more persausive methods

Your lucky you don't owe me it :lol:

People like you make me angry :angry:

If I owed you the money what could you do ? Not much.

Problem is people like you think the world is scared of you and 20 years ago you were right. These days if the likes of you, came knocking on my door demanding money, then you know what the pointy end of carving knife looks like when its driven through a kneecap.

People like you make me angry :angry:

People like you, underestimate people like me. So you joined a gym, good for you.

I have never had a CCJ (dispite my pun in the above post), because I just return the envelope back, sayiong "Not at this address, gone away". When the court gets this back, the plaintiff loses their £80 or whatever and cant get a CCJ on my name or the address.

somehow I doubt it is this simple. Why don't you just go and buy yourself a nice new car and then default on the debt and send all the letters back saying not at this address gone away.

This story would be more entertaining if you were in the right. And you're not.

Next time I get cold called by anybody I think I'm going to try and have a few laughs.

I didnt say I was right. I said I wasnt paying.

somehow I doubt it is this simple. Why don't you just go and buy yourself a nice new car and then default on the debt and send all the letters back saying not at this address gone away.

They have the cars registration and as the legal owners, they could say it is technically stolen. Ebay are hardly in that position.

If I owed you the money what could you do ? Not much.

Problem is people like you think the world is scared of you and 20 years ago you were right. These days if the likes of you, came knocking on my door demanding money, then you know what the pointy end of carving knife looks like when its driven through a kneecap.

People like you, underestimate people like me. So you joined a gym, good for you.

People like you underestimate the 'methods' people like me could use to get you to pay me ;)

Couple of slashed tyres, superglued locks, smashed windows.... You'd be begging me to take your tenner :lol:

People like you underestimate the 'methods' people like me could use to get you to pay me ;)

Couple of slashed tyres, superglued locks, smashed windows.... You'd be begging me to take your tenner :lol:

Slashed tyres ?

Superglued locks ?

Smash Windows ?

First if I suspected it was you, you would limping to the hospital.

Second if I knew it was you, you would be limpiong to the hospital.

Thirdly, if you did all that, I would go to hospital, take the tenner our of your pocket and put it towards my excess as the insurance would cover all of the above.

I thought I would get sprayed with bullets or slashed up with a machete or something, not superglue my locks. :lol::lol: