House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1929crash

Image Of Death Row Briton To Go On 4th Plinth

Are you saying all black people are murderers? Even I wouldnt go that far. :ph34r:

:lol: No, but in Texas those convicted of murder and sentenced to death tend to be black, which is not quite the same thing.

Are you saying all black people are murderers? Even I wouldnt go that far. :ph34r:

I think that it's pretty bad form of 1929crash to infer that all black people are murderers.

Indeed, some would call that 'racist'.

1929crash, could you please take that back and apologise.

Not British and a murderer.

Think she is British by virtue of the British Overseas Territories Act 2002.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Overs...tories_Act_2002

"The British Overseas Territories Act 2002 (c.8) is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, which superseded parts of the British Nationality Act 1981. It makes provision for the renaming of the British Dependent Territories as British Overseas Territories, and the renaming of associated citizenship. It further grants, from 21 May 2002, British citizenship to anyone holding British Overseas Territories citizenship on that date (with the exception of those solely connected with the Cyprus Sovereign Base Areas), whereas previously this was available only to people from Gibraltar and the Falkland Islands."

Still a murderer though.

I think that it's pretty bad form of 1929crash to infer that all black people are murderers.

Indeed, some would call that 'racist'.

1929crash, could you please take that back and apologise.

:lol::lol::lol:

Is anyone, apart from Amnesty International, Clive Stafford-Smith and the usual bleeding heart lefties, seriously disputing the safety of her conviction?

It's certainly true that miscarriages of justice have happened in the past: but when genuine cases arise, they are usually supported by far more heavyweight figures than the usual suspects quoted here.

Is anyone, apart from Amnesty International, Clive Stafford-Smith and the usual bleeding heart lefties, seriously disputing the safety of her conviction?

It's certainly true that miscarriages of justice have happened in the past: but when genuine cases arise, they are usually supported by far more heavyweight figures than the usual suspects quoted here.

Numerous studies have shown that a disproprtionate number of poor, black and foreign people get convicted in American states. It may partly be due to bias - who can deny that this is endemic in certain parts of the US? - but a lot of it is down to the quality of legal counsel. If you don't believe me, just consider what kind of justice OJ Simpson was able to buy in the 1995 trial.

It seems that the only people who are certain of the soundness of trial procedures is those who have never had any experience of them.

It seems that the only people who are certain of the soundness of trial procedures is those who have never had any experience of them.

And it also seems that the overwhelming majority of people who are certain of the unsoundness of trial procedures are those who have never had any experience of being the victim of violent crime, or having a personal connection to a victim of violent crime.

Has any respected source actually come out with any hard evidence to create reasonable doubt as to the soundness of her conviction? Sure, the motive was there to frame her. But it was also there for her to commit the crime in the first place.

I have a gut feeling that the snivel liberties brigade are trying to spin this as a wrongful conviction, because they believe that this would play better with the public than if they were honest about it, i.e. campaigning on the basis that even if the conviction is sound, she shouldn't be executed.

Numerous studies have shown that a disproprtionate number of poor, black and foreign people get convicted in American states.

Isnt that the same as saying they commit more crimes? Just like here in fact?

Isnt that the same as saying they commit more crimes? Just like here in fact?

A statistic from the state of Georgia. Out of 423 people serving mandatory life sentences involving drugs, 4 are white. If you believe that reflects criminality you'll be ironing the bedsheets and warming the cross for someone's lawn.

And it also seems that the overwhelming majority of people who are certain of the unsoundness of trial procedures are those who have never had any experience of being the victim of violent crime, or having a personal connection to a victim of violent crime.

Has any respected source actually come out with any hard evidence to create reasonable doubt as to the soundness of her conviction? Sure, the motive was there to frame her. But it was also there for her to commit the crime in the first place.

I have a gut feeling that the snivel liberties brigade are trying to spin this as a wrongful conviction, because they believe that this would play better with the public than if they were honest about it, i.e. campaigning on the basis that even if the conviction is sound, she shouldn't be executed.

You can tell that someone's on weak and dodgy ground when they resort to infantile epithets like this, straight from The Sun. I forgot that locking up the innocent reduces the crime rate.

A statistic from the state of Georgia. Out of 423 people serving mandatory life sentences involving drugs, 4 are white. If you believe that reflects criminality you'll be ironing the bedsheets and warming the cross for someone's lawn.

Hold on a second. So you're suggesting that these 423 people actually took no drugs, did no crime and are there purely because they arent white? Come on, even someone like you cant believe that. According to their census in 2008, 65% of residentts are white and 30% are black. So I would wager there are plenty of black people on the jury.

Although I do not know the penal system in Georgia I would suggest these people raped murdered and stole to get a lifesentence.

Hold on a second. So you're suggesting that these 423 people actually took no drugs, did no crime and are there purely because they arent white? Come on, even someone like you cant believe that. According to their census in 2008, 65% of residentts are white and 30% are black. So I would wager there are plenty of black people on the jury.

Although I do not know the penal system in Georgia I would suggest these people raped murdered and stole to get a lifesentence.

In mnay states, not sure about Georgia, there's a three strikes law. So people can get a mandatory minimum sentence for possession of cannabis (no possibility of parole).

I don't know what you do for a living, Johhny, but if you have no knowledge of the law, it strikes me that you might enjoy defending black people in states with the death penalty. :P

In mnay states, not sure about Georgia, there's a three strikes law. So people can get a mandatory minimum sentence for possession of cannabis (no possibility of parole).

Sounds good to me. If we applied the same principle I'm sure our streets would be a lot safer.

Sounds good to me. If we applied the same principle I'm sure our streets would be a lot safer.

You think American streets are safer because of such draconian laws? :lol::lol::lol:

Have you ever set foot in Georgia?

The fact is 95% of all murders happen in the southside of Atlanta and are blacks killing blacks. Most of these are drug related.

Would you suggest we convict whites instead to balance up the racial mix of killers?

You think American streets are safer because of such draconian laws? :lol::lol::lol:

Personally I feel a lot safer walking the streets of Los Angeles than of London (which I do in both cities around three or four times a year).

Both anecdotally and statistically, a 'zero tolerance' approach to low and medium-level crime has been shown to be a huge success. Those who believe that anyone from an ethnic minority or an economically disadvantaged background should be entitled to commit crimes by virtue of those background(s) may not like that fact, though.

Have you ever set foot in Georgia?

The fact is 95% of all murders happen in the southside of Atlanta and are blacks killing blacks?

Would you suggest we convict whites instead to balance up the racial mix of killers?

Apart from the Stephen Lawrence case many of the victims of knife crime in London and other major cities are committed by black youths, thus the conviction rate would reflect a higher proportion of convictions against black offenders.

I would doubt this woman's claim of British citizianship to be honest, the resources would be better applied to the Gary mackinnon case.