House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
loginandtonic

Bbc1 News Spins Job Creation Nonsense

their sorrespondent hugh gofirst mentioned the supposed 1000 new jobs for Mini in Oxford - thats years off, if it ever happens.

they trumpeted 500 new jobs created by a major supermarket new store as if it were 5000 jobs.

they concentrated on their being a rise in the number of vacancies but gave no facts and figures on what that rise was. It could be 2 more jobs for all we know.

the bbc - i really wonder sometimes.

i should just add the quality of their journalism - the other day they ran a package many times - each time the journalist (I'll spare her blushes) voiceover recording described doctors as taking patients' vital statistics (as they were rescued from a ferry)

no one there even noticed, it ran until 7.20pm, all day

Edited by loginandtonic

their sorrespondent hugh gofirst mentioned the supposed 1000 new jobs for Mini in Oxford - thats years off, if it ever happens.

they trumpeted 500 new jobs created by a major supermarket new store as if it were 5000 jobs.

they concentrated on their being a rise in the number of vacancies but gave no facts and figures on what that rise was. It could be 2 more jobs for all we know.

New superstores reduce overall employment in the locality, and overall. So absolutely nothing to see there.

The problem with supermarkets as an engine of the economy is that they are distribution centre and not wealth creators; how much of what they sell is produced locally/nationally?

Like has been said they probably just shift local jobs from small independents to the big boys.

The 'new' jobs will tend to be part-time, low paid with a nod to not falling into corporate tax traps.

Edited by tinker

New superstores reduce overall employment in the locality, and overall. So absolutely nothing to see there.
The problem with supermarkets as an engine of the economy is that they are distribution centre and not wealth creators; how much of what they sell is produced locally/nationally?

Like has been said they probably just shift local jobs from small independents to the big boys.

The 'new' jobs will tend to be part-time, low paid with a nod to not falling into corporate tax traps.

yes theres that obvious side to it, they suck the lifeblood out of some parts of a local economy, closing local shops once they arrive. not always but more often than not.

Whats the total number of net jobs created this year?

Oh no, the BBC don't want to know because those figures give an accurate description of what's going on.

watching that report was the closest i've come to writing to the bbc to remind them they are not the mouthpiece of Govt and are supposed to tell it like it is not like a party election broadcast for Labour

i don't think the creation of oodles part-time jobs and continued employment underutilization is anything to crow about, inspite of trumpeted 'improvements' in headline figures.

Based purely on anecdotals, all i see is uncertainty. Certainly nulabour will continue to attempt to pi$$ money up the wall as if it's monopoly currency....with the sacred cows of education and health being prime culprits, but i believe even within these corridors and amongst the numerous beneficiaries there's a sense that this can't go on. And what follows is employment uncertainty in some quarters.

yeh you have to laugh

also like...uk to build an extra 4000 homes :lol: couldn't really make it up could you

the fact that housebuilding will be stimulated by building 4000 homes will help kick start a bankrupt and illegally corrupt economy ! the media are clearly so deep into zanulabour its shocking

500 supermarket jobs. Or 1000 less efficient jobs scattered about that make shopping a day job like in the past, rather than a 15minute visit with vastly more choice such as we enjoy at present.

500 supermarket jobs. Or 1000 less efficient jobs scattered about that make shopping a day job like in the past, rather than a 15minute visit with vastly more choice such as we enjoy at present.

More choice in some things, but often less quality. I still try to get to the market for fresh stuff when I can. Much tastier.

Edited by apr400

Not the point. It will be a net loss of jobs and hardly something to harp about. The fact that the bulk of the population doesn't have more than 15 minutes to source their food, or willing to go into central town parking no-go zones is just a reflection of their lifestyle and the largely artificial constraints that have been imposed on their shopping behaviour.

Bottom line, net loss of jobs.

Nothing to wonder about - the BBC is clearly in bed with and sponsors ZaNuLiebour and the liberal globalist agenda............

They are in a panic should the Tories win and the licence fee be threatened and will pull out all the stops over the next year to try and prevent this.

yeh you have to laugh

the fact that housebuilding will be stimulated by building 4000 homes will help kick start a bankrupt and illegally corrupt economy

they forgot to mention 3 evening jobs created and Mr Chung's Take Away & Fish Bar, Dagenham.

I thought we established a long time ago on this forum that:

BBC = Pravda

McStalin = Stalin and

Debt = wealth

its bbc pravda a good proportion of the time all right

Thanks the stars that we have new industries like 'mobile spray tanning' emerging to see us through his crisis.

:rolleyes:

(see my avatar)

:lol:

Nothing to wonder about - the BBC is clearly in bed with and sponsors ZaNuLiebour and the liberal globalist agenda............

They are in a panic should the Tories win and the licence fee be threatened and will pull out all the stops over the next year to try and prevent this.

yes, i'd forgotten about that