House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loginandtonic

Derren Brown - I Will Predict The Lottery Numbers Tonight

As 'forecasting it at the same time as the lottery draw it shouldn't be hard.

The presentation will probably make it look like it couldn't have been done in under a second

or however long the delay is, a bit like his flipping a coin trick of filming hundreds of attempts

until he got a string of heads or tails in a row.

With some camera work he could present the winning number by editing together 49 takes

of each number in a single position or 249 takes. The cut and rearrange the numbers in real

time when the lottery is broadcast using some pre rendered image so it is revealed at the

same speed as the numbers are read out live.

Add in some random variation of shots, presentation andit could work.

I predict it will be something like this :

Brown will not predict the numbers, but write them on a bit of paper, which goes into a "sealed" box.

The result is then announced.

Brown goes on for a minute about whether he is right or not. Meanwhile someone writes the numbers on a new bit of paper and switches it for the one in the box, without anyone seeing (maybe the "sealed" box is placed on top of a huge table with a person underneath it).

Brown picks out the bit of paper, which miraculously has the numbers written on it.

There you go. I could have done that. And I would've charged a lot less than him.

Piece of p*ss.

I predict it will be a bag of shite. Irritating little ginger **** should just stick to hypnotising birds to get laid.

He is gay or is 'hypnotising birds' another one of his tricks?

Guest X-QUORK
I predict it will be something like this :

Brown will not predict the numbers, but write them on a bit of paper, which goes into a "sealed" box.

The result is then announced.

Brown goes on for a minute about whether he is right or not. Meanwhile someone writes the numbers on a new bit of paper and switches it for the one in the box, without anyone seeing (maybe the "sealed" box is placed on top of a huge table with a person underneath it).

Brown picks out the bit of paper, which miraculously has the numbers written on it.

There you go. I could have done that. And I would've charged a lot less than him.

Piece of p*ss.

Shazaam!

is he not going to say or write the numbers and show them to the public live on tv BEFORE the actual official draw takes place? putting them in a box or giving them to an audience member etc are so old hat.

if he's not going to do that then theres no proof he can predict anything, either by probabilities or any other method.

edit, i didnt know he was a gay until just now, is he the only gay illusionist in the village? has he been working with his honorary uncle, Gordon Brown, to create an illusion of recovery?

If he's bought a ticket and put that in the box, I'll believe it when I see him stood there with a big cheque in his hands in the Sun...... - otherwise it's kack.

I predict it will be a bag of shite. Irritating little ginger **** should just stick to hypnotising birds to get laid.

Seconded. Just like the time he threatened to shoot him self a few years back. It was total and utter rubbish and was clearly done with blanks or some such.

Seconded. Just like the time he threatened to shoot him self a few years back. It was total and utter rubbish and was clearly done with blanks or some such.

The "Russian Roulette" stunt you refer to was a television show intended to entertain. Like most, a dual reality. A magical effect.

Its perfectly understandable that you didn't enjoy it, not everyone likes magic tricks. Try not to feel too bad about it.

:rolleyes:

for those of you who didnt see it:

he was in a studio live, he switched on a tv, we were told a set of balls in-vision had the winning numbers on, they remained in vision at all time, we saw the draw live, after the draw he revealed his balls had the correct numbers as drawn.

his balls were visible all the time, but they faced away. he made the excuse for that saying only the Nat Lottery are allowed to reveal the results first - which sounded like bs.

so who put the numbers on the balls, are they electronic balls that can display any number? or is there a vision mixing trick? or has he by some weird unlikely stroke of luck found a formula for predicting probabilities of draws? cant imagine that as very likely.

on friday he will, he says, reveal all

for those of you who didnt see it:

he was in a studio live, he switched on a tv, we were told a set of balls in-vision had the winning numbers on, they remained in vision at all time, we saw the draw live, after the draw he revealed his balls had the correct numbers as drawn.

his balls were visible all the time, but they faced away. he made the excuse for that saying only the Nat Lottery are allowed to reveal the results first - which sounded like bs.

so who put the numbers on the balls, are they electronic balls that can display any number? or is there a vision mixing trick? or has he by some weird unlikely stroke of luck found a formula for predicting probabilities of draws? cant imagine that as very likely.

on friday he will, he says, reveal all

The reality is bound to be disappointing I'm sure.

The end of "The System" was also a let down. When the horse chosen wasn't the one he'd actually backed due to a "feeling". Could have backed all the horses in the race and come up with that chestnut. Just so he didn't look a t**t when the poor girl had lost all the money she'd borrowed off family and friends.

Having said that, I have read one of his books, Tricks of the Mind, which was an excellent and witty read. Some useful memory tricks outlined. Learnt to memorize list of all US presidents in about 5 mins......fook knows why :lol:

As he didn't pick the balls up I'm going with the "digital numbers on the balls" trick

Didn't he move the balls at some point after showing them? Could still be some sort of imaging trick though, dunno how sophisticated the technology is, very slick if so.

Unless you mean special balls of some sort... my first thought. Other options are thermochromic ink (which is usually only red but could be coloured digitally again...) or a quick spray job?