House Price Crash Forum
Wait & See

Public 'want Bbc Licence Fee Cut'

BBC

About half of licence fee payers want the charge to be cut, according to an independent poll commissioned by the BBC's governing body, the BBC Trust.

Since 2007, £5.50 of the fee has been used to pay for the digital switchover. Most viewers want it reduced by that amount after 2012, the poll showed.

One good thing the Tories will do when voted in is get rid of these bloodsucking leeches.

They can take licence fee and stick it up there ar$e. Imagine losing Neighbours to Ch5. :rolleyes:

BBC

One good thing the Tories will do when voted in is get rid of these bloodsucking leeches.

I highly doubt that. The BBC will be instrumental in the building of the NWO.

The license fee may be be abolished, and lead people to think it 'free', but it will almost certainly be paid for through income tax.

Remember, its a public service, a basic right even to watch repeats of eastenders and homes under the hammer.

Can't wait for the BBC to be scrapped. I'll be able to watch ITV, C5, and SKY.

So looking forward to it. Adverts and Subs.

Can't you find something else to do other than sit in front of the TV eating?

I dont want it cut at all, I want it abolished and the BBC held to answer for the political dogma that has handicapped it from living by its original principles

This inept, decrepit organisation is little more than the media wing of leftism

Instead it sold itself to the pathetic illegal, and treasonable zanulabour party.

just where did the impartiality disappear to?

Guest happy?
BBC

They can take licence fee and stick it up there ar$e. Imagine losing Neighbours to Ch5. :rolleyes:

Yay! UK PLC's saved.

That's the prices in the staff canteen and the TV in the rest room - Dave's cooking!

Edited by happy?

I'm no terrorist, but can you imagine how much the 'BBC world service' must wind up the rest of the world? You can see through all the spin and biased reporting and we want to believe most of it. :unsure: I could go out and blow myself up sometimes.

What if you live in another country, with different political and social views and you turn on the TV/Radio to listen to this crap. No wonder everybody hates us. If they folded the BBC it could save thousands of suicide bombers lives a year.

BBC

They should be forced to publish salaries and contracts to individals, we will all be suprised at who gets what.

Thats why they don't want them published.

I dont want it cut at all, I want it abolished and the BBC held to answer for the political dogma that has handicapped it from living by its original principles

This inept, decrepit organisation is little more than the media wing of leftism

Instead it sold itself to the pathetic illegal, and treasonable zanulabour party.

It went years ago.........ZaNu Liebour and the BBC, two arms of the same incompetent, arrogant bunch of fools...........

Any TV channel, news presenter, politician, journalist that is presenting the current economic crisis as a deflationary should IMHO put their money where their mouth is and take a pay cut.

Im less worried about the TV license fee since I gave up watching TV when I STR'd. TV doesnt cost me a penny and i'm amazed how s**t it is when I see it from time to time when i'm visiting people. Even if they abolished the license fee I wouldnt start watching it again.

The funny thing is people are paying to be brainwashed by the main channels...so they can sell s**t to them and brainwash them some more. Clever thing that there square box, seems harmless enough....

Now, the internet tax that they have somehow managed to bring in to "pay for infrastructure" without people really noticing because it is quite low is quite worrying. This tax will only ever increase and increase and increase...

Thank goodness the bloke next doors wi-fi has no security :lol:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

The BBC has become a travesty of banal, humourless American-style sitcoms, property ramping, soaps and docu-soaps about cancerous hamsters. The "news" was once a respected source of information and featured some of the best journalism on TV.

Today, it's a joke, shiny-faced dolly boys and girls do news and current affairs with glib detachment. Many reports consist of somebody on a low-bandwidth satellite phone and the weather forecast that was once done by professional meteorologists is now done by people in posh suits and slicked back hair.

We've always complained about the license fee, but never so bitterly as now. In the past, the BBC produced some cutting edge drama, world class, original comedy and some of the best current affairs and documentaries. You felt like you got something for your money.

Today's BBC may as well be a commercial organisation and be funded by advertising, pay-per-view or monthly subscription. It is simply outrageous that it is still the (almost) sole recipient of the proceeds of the license fee.

If anything should be a candidate for privatisation, it's the BBC. Leave the motorways in public ownership, they deliver value for money and don't cost us a fortune.

Lastly, why do people tolerate the license fee being spent on the likes of Jonathan Ross. (How much?!)

For all its modern day faults I'd miss the BBC. I don't have or want any cable channels and am happy with that. I could easily lose channel 5 and itv. BBC could do away with crap like The One show and cut out the 2 presenters to one news programme trend. Crime watch isn't as good as it was either! I don't want ads so am happy to pay the license until it hits £200.

I don't necessarily want the fee cut - I just want the option of not buying their product without being threatened with prison.

You have that option, but it means unplugging your tv from the aerial and just watching dvds. Not a bad option and one im enjoying.

I always hoped Europe would have done something about this. It doesnt seem quite legal to me to force someone to pay for a subscription for a channel they dont watch just because they watch other channels and could potentially watch a bbc channel.

It obviously made a lot of sense in the old days when there was only one or two channels and no other use for a tv, but those days have been gone 20 years.

Edited by Johnny Storm

There was an excellent discussion about this on the Guardian CiF page a few days ago.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...rdoch-new-media

What follows is an excellent comment (not from me unfortunately, wish I was that eloquent :( ) that sums up why the BBC should be funded by the taxpayer....

Good article. However, when you say

Credit where it's due: the free-market right is nothing if not brave

..it's not bravery that motivates this cult, but greed for money and lust for power.

Quite right to that we need to tackle Murdoch head on. You can't appease the free-market right, they'll only take more, and you can't negotiate with them, they'll tell you what you want to hear before stealing what they want to take, the Taliban living in all democracy's, and won't think they're lieing because they believe that them being eternally rich is just the natural order. James Murdoch said as much with his ludicrous attempts to equate Darwin's theory of evolution with him making loads of cash.

However,

Buffeted by a series of scandals and set to face a Conservative government headed by a man whose sole job outside politics was as PR man for a private TV company, the BBC should feel vulnerable.

The great and the good all meet at country fetes for the elite, like the Davos fun day, where they tell each other how smart their half arsed theories are, and in this world James Murdoch isn't the money grabbing little pygmy he is if he ever were to live amongst humans, but a mighty brain striding the business stage. A bit like those mighty brains in the City who led the world to permanent debt for the sake of their bonuses and hubris.

So while the BBC might change some things as Jonathan Freedland rightly points out, we can't afford to let any of it be prescribed by a damn Murdoch, whose sole motive is to line his own pockets and with a proven track record of reducing everything he touches to shit.

What follows is an excellent comment (not from me unfortunately, wish I was that eloquent :( ) that sums up why the BBC should be funded by the taxpayer....

So while the BBC might change some things as Jonathan Freedland rightly points out, we can't afford to let any of it be prescribed by a damn Murdoch, whose sole motive is to line his own pockets and with a proven track record of reducing everything he touches to shit.

You've totally missed the point. You might think the BBC is the best thing since sliced bread, personally I think Sky shits on it from a great height in every way. The point is I shouldnt be forced to pay for your BBC channels while watching only Sky.

Lets have Sky TV license, say £200 a year since. And you have to pay for that even if you only ever watch BBC. How would you feel about that?

Lets make the BBC channels encrpyted and subscription only, and all these people who think the BBC is wonderful can subscribe, and those whose who arent interested wont. This is nothing but fair, and the reason they wont do that is because they know they will get a lot less money as a lot of people arent interested in their rubbish and only pay because they are forced to.