House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Realistbear

B B C: N H S Workers Caught Lying Down

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/8246197.stm

'Lying down' NHS staff suspended

Lying Down Game generic

The Lying Down Game is popular on the internet

Staff at Swindon's Great Western Hospital face possible dismissal after posting online pictures of themselves taking part in the Lying Down Game.

Seven hospital staff have been suspended for their part in the game, played in mid August.

The game involves being pictured lying down with arms by your side and toes pointing towards the floor.....

"The allegations have been thoroughly investigated and seven members of staff remain suspended pending formal disciplinary hearings."

They are lucky they only received a suspension. What if they had been filmed actually playing the Standing Up game? If this spread........... :o

They are lucky they only received a suspension. What if they had been filmed actually playing the Standing Up game? If this spread........... :o

Ooooo id be getting the best unfair dismissal lawyer ready and waiting for this one. :lol:

"This did not involve patients and we are satisfied that at no time was patient care compromised."

so we are going to devote 15 lawyers, 35 HR and £1,150,000 towards a warning procedure and a complete re writing of staff behaviour guidelines.

Offenders will be sent on a course in the bahamian islands to be shown how lying down should be properly taken. on beach loungers, taxpayer paid for cocktails in hand.

regulation post cards for colleagues will be provided.

Enquiries and comments should be directed at our PR taskforce staff.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/gnews?pid=20...id=adWBLlBZnKa4

Lying Down game favoured over Standing Up game

Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Robert "Bob" Schmidt

Sept. 9 (Bloomberg) -- Employees in the United States are catching on to the fast growing trend in the United Kingdom where employees of the NHS photograph themselves lying down. No one has any idea what the fuss is all about or what could be of any possible interest in this non-fad. Employees at a number of hospitals are continuing the game by having photographs of themselves standing up and then placing the photos on the internet.

According to minister of state for health, "the game is reminiscent of the silly walks fad we had back in the 70's and could only threaten hospitals if the two games develeoped a third offshoot--the dreaded sitting down game."

Mad, they have all gone mad. :blink:

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

But how am I supposed to sleep?

This Labour government has gone too far.

Patients are all doing it where I work. Lying down all over the place. Hardly a horizontal surface without a patient on it. :P

Guest sillybear2

One guy scored top points for lying down for over 4 hours in the entrance to A&E, then somebody realised he was actually an untended patient.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/8246197.stm

'Lying down' NHS staff suspended

Lying Down Game generic

The Lying Down Game is popular on the internet

Staff at Swindon's Great Western Hospital face possible dismissal after posting online pictures of themselves taking part in the Lying Down Game.

Seven hospital staff have been suspended for their part in the game, played in mid August.

The game involves being pictured lying down with arms by your side and toes pointing towards the floor.....

"The allegations have been thoroughly investigated and seven members of staff remain suspended pending formal disciplinary hearings."

If I worked in A&E, I would probably play silly games in my quite times!

God forbid having a laugh with your co-workers is half the fun of working and a great way of coping with stress.

Shall we ban funny emails/jokes then employ lots of really expensive 'Motivational' consultants, to suggest expensive "Staff Motivation Days"? to address the massive number of people being signed off with stress and ill health.

I wonder how exactly that A&E department is coping with those suspensions, are they now paying excessive fee's for contract staff to fill the missing posts?

The one person that should be fired is the miserable git (that they all probably hate) that took the time to raise the issue.

His/her "Key Performance Indicator" on staff motivation is clearly going to get missed this year!

God forbid having a laugh with your co-workers is half the fun of working and a great way of coping with stress.

Shall we ban funny emails/jokes then employ lots of really expensive 'Motivational' consultants, to suggest expensive "Staff Motivation Days"? to address the massive number of people being signed off with stress and ill health.

I wonder how exactly that A&E department is coping with those suspensions, are they now paying excessive fee's for contract staff to fill the missing posts?

The one person that should be fired is the miserable git (that they all probably hate) that took the time to raise the issue.

His/her "Key Performance Indicator" on staff motivation is clearly going to get missed this year!

Dude, they're laying down. :unsure:

It's almost as retarded a web fad as having a twitter account.

They should all be sectioned.

Guest sillybear2

In most places, putting your face to a hospital floor is like licking a toilet bowl.

In most places, putting your face to a hospital floor is like licking a toilet bowl.

Probably worse in fact! The last time I went to a hospital it was full of really ill people..LOL

Sillybear2 you might have rumbled why NHS employees have more time sick than most private sector workers, there is a NHS trust that will pay good money for that "Consultational Insight" :lol:

Both of which are probably far cleaner than the keyboard you are typing on. ;)

Guest sillybear2
Both of which are probably far cleaner than the keyboard you are typing on. ;)

And that's your fault for using such provocative avatars.

Guest anorthosite
One guy scored top points for lying down for over 4 hours in the entrance to A&E, then somebody realised he was dead.

Fixed ;)