House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Credit Cards

Both my partner and me have had letters from different banks asking if we still want the credit cards we have with them. I've not used mine in over a year, so that answer is probably no...

Don't use them and they are terminating the account.

They're not the only credit cards we've got, but they are ones we don't use. Don't get statements for mine if I've not used it though, so they must just be having a tidy up.

Also in today's post HMRC are changing banks to citi and RBS.

Very old news I think. A very secretive open-market-operation or CMO for short.

Edited by Alan B'Stard MP

Guest happy?
Both my partner and me have had letters from different banks asking if we still want the credit cards we have with them. I've not used mine in over a year, so that answer is probably no...

Don't use them and they are terminating the account.

They're not the only credit cards we've got, but they are ones we don't use. Don't get statements for mine if I've not used it though, so they must just be having a tidy up.

Always a good idea to definitely close unused credit card accounts. Two advantages - no-one can use the card fraudulently; secondly, this is a line of credit and many lenders wont permit total lending above x.

I had this problem when changing bank accounts - new bank group wouldn't issue credit card as I already had a couple - I wouldn't close accounts until they issued new card. Eventually, new bank issued card with limited maximum and upped it when I closed other credit line.