House Price Crash Forum
Bishbashbosh

Mumtaz Manzil, Main Road, Filby, Great Yarmouth

Hello, BishBashBosh.

I have had a look on a couple of sites but I can't find any information on that property, I'm afraid. If it was a very recent auction then it might take a few months for it to appear.

I have driven through Filby a few times since summer 2008 and it looks like a really nice village. :)

Edited by MattW

A quick phone call to their Great Yarmouth office, and they were happy to tell me it went for £112,000.

Contrary to popular belief, they don't bite!

Edit: EAs in general don't bite, I have no experience of Aldreds, apart from the phone call just now, but they seemed pleasant enough

Mumtaz Manzil, Main Road, Filby, Great Yarmouth NR29 3HS saw this house on an auction site & was wondering what price it went for? Can any of you tell me?

Good grief ! what was this an old Indian takeaway or a house? :o

Beware the flooding risk, real or imagined. The dept of environment (no less!) will tell you that filby is smack in the middle of a high risk area. Google "flooding risk". Its best to stay quite a bit west if you can. Why? Look into house insurance against flooding risk and you will find that our wonderful government has an agreement with insurance companies to cover almost evry uk house, but that agreement ends soon.

Its why there are a lot of houses in Potter heigham, Fleggburgh area etc that cannot sell. Awful if you own one, but can't you find somewhere that will not , possibly, flood?

Don't you just love it when someone starts a thread, and they don't bother to come back and follow up on it...

BBB: Wow! That was a bargain - it's such a lovely place, I thought it'd go for at least three times that amount... Thanks for finding out W&S

W&S: You're welcome - there must have been a reason it sold for so little - it really does sound like a curry house rather than a home etc etc...

Don't you just love it when someone starts a thread, and they don't bother to come back and follow up on it...

Yes, especially given that you phoned up the EA @ your own expense and in your own time. :(

Yes, especially given that you phoned up the EA @ your own expense and in your own time. :(

It didn't cost anything, but it doesn't hurt to say thanks - you'd gone to some trouble to find out the sold price too...

It didn't cost anything, but it doesn't hurt to say thanks - you'd gone to some trouble to find out the sold price too...

THANK YOU! Sorry I've not replied earlier but I have been away on holiday & I have had pc troubles, thanks again for all replies & advice :)

THANK YOU! Sorry I've not replied earlier but I have been away on holiday & I have had pc troubles, thanks again for all replies & advice :)

Does anyone have a link to this house/takeaway? ta.