House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest KingCharles1st

Mid October Election It Is Then.

Guest KingCharles1st

After listening to Breakfast television, and the nice "chat" between Simon Jack the financial guy with curly slick hair and Bill Turnbull- the lucky ******* that gets to sit next to Sian Williams every morning, the point was made that the election will be over when Simon says so- but "when will that be?"

Answer- "we will know for sure when this quarter's figures come out some time in EARLY OCTOBER."

This recovereh is totally 100% ENGINEERED. It is now painfully obvious.

Guest KingCharles1st
Surely no election this year.

Don't be too sure- he bottled it before- things are going to get a lot worse, with Mandy pulling the strings- could be a case of now or never- and think about it- IF Labour win based on this recovereh, then Brown gets sectioned soon after and Mandy has a whole term to engineer his dominance.

The sooner the better. People may be stupid, but they are not that stupid... they may be being told night is day, but they sense it is still dark outside.

Surely no election this year.

If Brown delays we are going to be back in sh1t again by Q1 Q2 next year and it will be too late. He'll probably lose but when TSHTF Cameron will be in charge and for the next 4-5 years the Tories will have it hard and the new Labour leadership can pick holes in what they do and stand a good chance of getting back in again 2013-14.

At best he could get a hung parliament if enough people in non jobs panic.

After listening to Breakfast television, and the nice "chat" between Simon Jack the financial guy with curly slick hair and Bill Turnbull- the lucky ******* that gets to sit next to Sian Williams every morning, the point was made that the election will be over when Simon says so- but "when will that be?"

Answer- "we will know for sure when this quarter's figures come out some time in EARLY OCTOBER."

This recovereh is totally 100% ENGINEERED. It is now painfully obvious.

you have got to be kidding if you think the one-eyed wonker will do anything other than hang on for as long as possible.

I agree with the engineered recovery, however, I would have hoped for £175b to buy us a bit more of a recovery.

Guest KingCharles1st
you have got to be kidding if you think the one-eyed wonker will do anything other than hang on for as long as possible.

I agree with the engineered recovery, however, I would have hoped for £175b to buy us a bit more of a recovery.

Going for an early DOES give him the chance of hanging on for as long as possible- another four years :ph34r::(

Polls at the weekend were giving the Tories around 13% lead - if 3% of those switcxh back to Labour which is quite conceivable given the current feelgoood factor on the economic front then the lead is only around 7% which rather amazingly given the seat make up of Parliament puts us in hung Parliament territory .

My guess is he will hang on - Mandelson is pulling the strings don`t forget and he can spin anything .

Guest Skinty

Remember that Gordon Brown might well actually believe that his stimulus will work and that we will have a recovery by next year.

The man may be evil, but he's also incompetent.

The sooner the better. People may be stupid, but they are not that stupid... they may be being told night is day, but they sense it is still dark outside.

That's just the now of it.

Look to ten years hence, and the memory of pulling out of global recession, then plunging into a deeper UK one. Under whom?

Polls at the weekend were giving the Tories around 13% lead - if 3% of those switcxh back to Labour which is quite conceivable given the current feelgoood factor on the economic front then the lead is only around 7% which rather amazingly given the seat make up of Parliament puts us in hung Parliament territory .

My guess is he will hang on - Mandelson is pulling the strings don`t forget and he can spin anything .

Christmas Eve's on a Thursday if he wants to hit us whilst we're jolly.

p-o-p

The great attraction for Brown in an October election is that the pre-budget report becomes irrelevant. If he leaves it until next year, Darling is going to spell out the public sector debt hole plus spell out tax rises and spending cuts for next year. If he paints too rosy a picture he stands to spook the markets and anything approaching reality will spook the electorate.

Can't see it myself though, there is another six months troughing going free for too many Labour apparatchiks, they will want to fill up before being out of office.

The great attraction for Brown in an October election is that the pre-budget report becomes irrelevant. If he leaves it until next year, Darling is going to spell out the public sector debt hole plus spell out tax rises and spending cuts for next year. If he paints too rosy a picture he stands to spook the markets and anything approaching reality will spook the electorate.

Can't see it myself though, there is another six months troughing going free for too many Labour apparatchiks, they will want to fill up before being out of office.

I agree - it makes perfect sense to go for an Autumn election whilst things are (apparently) looking up. However we're talking about Gordon Brown here. It's small consolation, but I suspect he's having some sleepless nights trying to come to a decision on this. Of course we all know he'll bottle it - it's in his nature.

I know of no journalist or meeja luvvie who is even thinking about an election in October. If there was one it would really be out of the blue.

When a PM thinks about going for an election he confides in his inner circle of political allies, his PR spin guru and his Pollster - inevitably, several of them, because they can't help themselves, gossip to their friends, family, other halves, mistresses, masterisses (what is a gay male mistress?) and, before you know, half the meeja know there is an election coming... so hotel rooms get booked, meeja air and landlines get booked, satellite times, outside brodcast units, etc, etc.

Interestingly, in recent times PMs have been told they cannot go to the polls because an election would clash with such and such an event, not enough meeja luvvies to cover it and whatever else is going on.

Anyhow, as I say, it will be out of the blue if there is a snap election this Autumn.

I've never seen so much green shoots spin as there's been in the last day or so, and Straw's just pardoned a football hooligan convicted in Bulgaria and allowed to serve his sentence in UK, so perhaps early election it is.

Mandleson will decide :rolleyes:.

Remember that Gordon Brown might well actually believe that his stimulus will work and that we will have a recovery by next year.

He might, but there is also the question as to whether or not his senior Labour colleagues agree with him.

Both the Telegraph and the Mail are running prominent Brown-bashing stories today, the latter with the co-operation of a well known and liked Labour backbencher (Cruddas).

If there is a critical mass of Labour MPs who are thinking along the lines of 'Election next spring with Brown in charge = definitely losing my seat / Election this autumn with a new leader = might lose my seat', then I suppose it's just within the bounds of possibility that we'll get an October election. But the mindset within the Labour Party would have to change from one in which anyone was seriously contemplating winning outright to one of damage limitation.

If there is a critical mass of Labour MPs who are thinking along the lines of 'Election next spring with Brown in charge = definitely losing my seat / Election this autumn with a new leader = might lose my seat', then I suppose it's just within the bounds of possibility that we'll get an October election. But the mindset within the Labour Party would have to change from one in which anyone was seriously contemplating winning outright to one of damage limitation.

Gormless might be insane but I doubt that the rest of the PLP is (that) mad. If they have any connection to the real world at all they'll already be looking at damage limitation.

It would be interesting to know how the Conservative party would fight an autumn election, given that it would probably be in their best interests to lose it. Honesty would seem to be the best policy: go in promising massive tax rises and spending cuts, that way either they have a mandate to do what needs to be done or they can wait for a couple of years until the labour administration implodes.

I have always said an October jobby! Its now or never, they will get slaughtered next June! :lol:

Well at least you're consistently wrong. No chance whatsoever, no signals, no motivation, no preparation, nothing. I'm just amazed you and others think that bad in October but disastrous in May/June (i.e. damage limitation) is how the decision will be made.

You really believe that nonsense then take the 13-1 available now on Betfair for Jul-Dec. Easy money in your book !

Amazing to think he was so nearly ousted this year, I remember at the time most people saying "finally, the tosser is going to be forced out", and yet calling on all his reserves of stubbornness and intimidation, he managed to get the PLP to be thumping tables and applauding his entrance to that crunch meeting, and it's all forgotten.

Sack the phsycopath. :ph34r: