House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Will We Make It Through The Day Without The World Ending?

Guest X-QUORK

What a load of rubbish.

Hmmm...what's that enormous wave doing approaching Birmingham?

Guest DisposableHeroes

When things look uncertain, never be ashamed of carrying and extra pair of under pants!

Guest X-QUORK
Johnny, no! Johnny, stop, come away from the thread. It's not in any way

BLACK

Oh no...THE CLAMS!! The clams of darkness are coming...

Guest theboltonfury
What a load of rubbish.

Hmmm...what's that enormous wave doing approaching Birmingham?

I think you'll find that's Wolverhampton.

I was oblivious for this until I read about it hear... now I am in my dungeon, um, my basement with my tin foil hat on and busily counting my tins of baked beans... so no change there then.

Joking aside, I suppose the one thing we need to be wary of today is the mad boys and girls in the turbans and burkkas who are obsessed with 72 virgins and killing innocent people on dates such as today. Let's pray that they do not.

Interestingly, on Fivelive the other night there was an interesting - I hasten to add from a Muslim researcher - talk by a chap who has been investigating male and female suicide bombers.

He concluded that they were mostly poorly educated disenfranchised people who were so miserable and so full of hate in this life that they just wanted to end it so they could get to the next life and get their 72 virgins, if male, and, if female, so they could be washed of the sins of being female. :blink:

Guest DisposableHeroes
Johnny, no! Johnny, stop, come away from the thread. It's not in any way

BLACK

Oh no...THE CLAMS!! The clams of darkness are coming...

CN3125.jpg

True story.

Many years ago a chum of mine owned a large garage with a big showroom.

His windowcleaner was a dedicated and rather insane Jehovah's Witness: but an excellent windowcleaner.

Now this guy kept trying to "Convert" my chum, a devout aetheist: and after a bit he said to the bloke: "You are an excellent windowcleaner, however you are truly annoying me with yourt constant nonsense about religion. I am happy to continue using your services, however, if you persist in preaching at me I shall find another windowcleaner! Understood?"

Everything was sweetness and light for some considerable time.

Until one day, the windowcleaner when sticking his grubby paw out for his cash said, "Look Mr X! I know you said not to talk to you ever again about religion but this is really really important!"

"The World will end next Wednesday!"

"Really!" Said Chum: "How very interesting and worrying!"

"May I ask you a question?"

Got him now thought the windowcleaner gleefully!

"Of course Mr X: anything you like!"

"OK: now if the World is ending next Wednesday: and you had prior knowledge of this startling fact: then why did you buy a new van last month?"

The windowcleaner never ever bothered him again.

:lol:

Guest X-QUORK
"OK: now if the World is ending next Wednesday: and you had prior knowledge of this startling fact: then why did you buy a new van last month?"

Oh, it IS a true story...for a minute I thought it was going to be a joke.

"Of course Mr X: anything you like!"

"Because there was no point saving up for anything, and I thought I might as well enjoy a new van for my last month on earth."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...g-disaster.html

Will we all be dead by the end of the day?

Discuss.

I bloody hope not, i'm looking forward to the footie tonight; the only ray of light on my pathetic horizon. If this does go ahead I will be airing my grievances with the relevant authorities.

Dismayed from Walworth.

Guest DisposableHeroes

Phefffffff...Pheffffff...Come on then!

I've had my last cheese and pickle sandwich, fresh pair of pant are on (dirty pants, heaven. You can think again!) I'm ready to go.

Guest Parry aka GOD

You never know when so make the best of it. Lost a close friend last week. She was only in her early thirties.