House Price Crash Forum
loginandtonic

Guardian, Telegraph Declare Recession Over. Everything +up.

Factory output up.

Property up.

It's all up, declares Guardian front page.

And Telegraph echoes it on its front page also.

Meanwhile property advertorial, Daily Express, shouts Cost of living down on its front, declaring bonanza for consumers.

Lots of bullish press, perhaps Gordon should go for an election now, he might win it now if he goes this autumn ;) after all, everything is looking great for 2010.

Recessions aren't what they used to be, it's all so easy to sort out these days, we're much brighter now than ever before at sorting these things out.

Recession or ha ha depression (as if!) - its a piece of piS5 to get back to growth and prosperity! See you at the wine bar, dont forget to bring your plastic and 09 Beemer, we've never had it so good

Didn't George W Bush stand on the deck of the aircraft carrier in May 2003 and declare "Mission accomplished?"

Edited for spelling error having had my attention drawn to it by Eric Pebble.

Edited by 1929crash

Didn't George W Bush stand on the deck of the aircraft carrier in May 2003 and declare "Mission accomlished?"

No - he said "Mission Accomplished". :lol::lol::lol: ['though I'll admit, he probably didn't know what that meant, let alone how to spell it....].

Edited by eric pebble

Inflation will now start to appear, factory output is driven by the scrapage scam, remember the cut in VAT ........both will die out very shorty (next few months).........The recession is over, the depression begins.......& the money printing will drive costs.

Mike

Boy from Northern Rock rang me today wanting me to fix my money into a bond - perhaps the NR staff are being told to push fixed term bonds because the Govt know IRs are rising sooner than later?

What a load of HORSESH1T.

I reckon the bankers are paying the near-bust newspapers to print this sh it - because they are terrified.

The best outcome we could have from the last 10+ years of Banker-led BULLSH1T 'consumerism' and PWOBERDEE "INVESTMENT" is:

a 95% cull of all bankers -

and what remains as "banks" to be turned into non-profit utility companies overnight.

Edited by eric pebble

What a load of HORSESH1T.

I reckon the bankers are paying the near-bust newspapers to print this sh it - because they are terrified.

The best outcome we could have from the last 10+ years of Banker-led BULLSH1T 'consumerism' and PWOBERDEE "INVESTMENT" is a 95% cull of all bankers - and banks to be turned into non-profit utility companies overnight.

It's laughable isn't it.

Maybe you just get to an age when you realise that, with some honourable exceptions, journalists just do not have a clue about how the economy works.

It's laughable isn't it.

Maybe you just get to an age when you realise that, with some honourable exceptions, journalists just do not have a clue about how the economy works.

And they want us to go back to this F*CKING BULLSH1T way of life.... :wacko::wacko: :angry: :angry:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...takes-toll.html

"'In one year alone Mark Croft spent about £1m on flash cars and motorbikes. He’d buy a Ferrari for £200,000, then a few months later trade it in for a £90,000 Porsche,' he told the Daily Star.

'The cars were changed every other week. They went through Porsches, Ferraris, Aston Martins, Range Rovers, Mercedes, Lamborghinis, BMWs. You name it, they had it.'"

Jeezsss :angry: :wacko: WTF??

Edited by eric pebble

Boy from Northern Rock rang me today wanting me to fix my money into a bond - perhaps the NR staff are being told to push fixed term bonds because the Govt know IRs are rising sooner than later?

I got a phone call from a young man at HSBC suggesting I should buy Bonds, too.

Sky News roundup of tomorrow's papers with Patience Wheatcroft from the Wallstreet Journal and some female Labour peer.

Femail Labour peer was beside herself with joy, green shoots, government saved the day etc etc.

Newsreader (Anna Botting) asked Wheatcroft if she was seeing optimism...... Wheatcroft "No, I think I'm seeing desperation" -casts glance at Labour peer- "in people really desperate to find something jolly to say". Went on to forecast double dip recession, Labour peer aghast :lol:.

Great song acidreign.

Aren't we fortunate to have Gordon Brown at the tiller. Good job he didn't have to get elected, we'd have probably been too stupid to vote for him. If I get laid off I'm just going to spunk money furiously on creditcards and pretend it hasn't happened, sorted.

Aren't we fortunate to have Gordon Brown at the tiller. Good job he didn't have to get elected, we'd have probably been too stupid to vote for him. If I get laid off I'm just going to spunk money furiously on creditcards and pretend it hasn't happened, sorted.

We are truly blessed. :)

Sky News roundup of tomorrow's papers with Patience Wheatcroft from the Wallstreet Journal and some female Labour peer.

Femail Labour peer was beside herself with joy, green shoots, government saved the day etc etc.

Newsreader (Anna Botting) asked Wheatcroft if she was seeing optimism...... Wheatcroft "No, I think I'm seeing desperation" -casts glance at Labour peer- "in people really desperate to find something jolly to say". Went on to forecast double dip recession, Labour peer aghast :lol:.

That Labour Baroness is on there regularly - fluffy is an understatement. Frankly I would rather have Kerry Katona on to talk about the economy or politics as she would have more of a clue.