House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
happy_2008

Spring Place Barking

Hello All,

Following on from my first post regarding thamesmead which was a complete failure, i have turned my attentions to Spring place Barking where a newish flat can be picked up around 100-120k! Now given that this place isnt too far from the station, im beginning to doubt why this place is soooo cheap........? I cant seem to find anything on this website regarding anything negative towards Barking but again i see this as a good opportunity to own my own property instead of throwing dead money to landlords paying for rent.

Any opinions will be great!

im beginning to doubt why this place is soooo cheap........?

I think the clue is in the word 'Barking'...!

Location aside, a web search reveals a standard jerry-built slave box with combined kitchen/sitting room. These sorts of places tend to be regarded as 'slums of the future' on here.

Hello All,

Following on from my first post regarding thamesmead which was a complete failure, i have turned my attentions to Spring place Barking where a newish flat can be picked up around 100-120k! Now given that this place isnt too far from the station, im beginning to doubt why this place is soooo cheap........? I cant seem to find anything on this website regarding anything negative towards Barking but again i see this as a good opportunity to own my own property instead of throwing dead money to landlords paying for rent.

Any opinions will be great!

Right on Barking Creek in semi industrial area. Some nasty niffs from Beckon Poo Works when the wind is the wrong direction and pretty close to the busy A13.

Might be worth a BTL punt attracting dormitory commuters but I'd avoid as a "real" home. On a plus note, its accessible, less than a mile from Barking Station (main line and District Line).

Barking is coming up in the world - but the town centre is now full of new flats/new builds often replacing demolished council blocks. You can reach the city and canary wharf in 15 mins via the C2C overground service and the town centre has plenty of shops, an ASDA opposite the station and a large Tesco super store near to this development.

100 times better than Thamesmead - but you could end up living next to council and housing association tenants of which there are many in Barking (its often used as a dumping ground by other councils).

Barking is coming up in the world - but the town centre is now full of new flats/new builds often replacing demolished council blocks. You can reach the city and canary wharf in 15 mins via the C2C overground service and the town centre has plenty of shops, an ASDA opposite the station and a large Tesco super store near to this development.

100 times better than Thamesmead - but you could end up living next to council and housing association tenants of which there are many in Barking (its often used as a dumping ground by other councils).

You can't reach Canary Wharf by C2C. You could get off at Limehouse and catch the DLR. Or get the District Line to Bow Church and catch the DLR (change at Poplar). The Number 5 bus runs through Barking to Canning Town, where you could pick up the Jubilee Line.

Pendantic mode off ;)

There are some nice suburbs in Barking, but that flat isn't in the nice end. Ilford / Gants Hill /Redbridge might also be worth a look, if you are looking for "cheap" flats. Lots of offices have been converted or in the process of being converted.

You can't reach Canary Wharf by C2C. You could get off at Limehouse and catch the DLR. Or get the District Line to Bow Church and catch the DLR (change at Poplar). The Number 5 bus runs through Barking to Canning Town, where you could pick up the Jubilee Line.

Pendantic mode off ;)

There are some nice suburbs in Barking, but that flat isn't in the nice end. Ilford / Gants Hill /Redbridge might also be worth a look, if you are looking for "cheap" flats. Lots of offices have been converted or in the process of being converted.

No - but you can travel to West Ham on the c2c in 5 mins and then its 3 stops to CW on the jubilee line (a further 7 mins)! Most people in the rest of outer London would still be walking or bussing it to their local station by the time most Barking town centre residents had arrived at Canary Wharf. :lol:

Plenty of nice places on the central line in Redbridge I agree but more expensive than Barking.