House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OnlyMe

No Mr. Bond, I Expect You To Die

Got to come to a head at some point, just a matter of when and how disruptive it will be when it does. The longer this situation goes own the uglier it will be.

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2009/09/08...ect-you-to-die/

No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die

Posted by Izabella Kaminska on Sep 08 15:16.

As if the dollar needed any more rattling on Tuesday (chart courtesy of CNBC):

Dollar index - CNBC

We now hear via Caijing Magazine that China is planning to sell up to 6bn worth of yuan-denominated sovereign bonds in Hong Kong - the first sovereign sale of its kind in an offshore market.

The liquidity that the central banks are creating provides the fuel for gold’s ascent. Central bankers should take the firmness in the prices of gold and oil, despite unfavourable fundamentals, as a warning that their policies are failing to generate firmly-based confidence in a stable economy.

I liked this bit:

"The liquidity that the central banks are creating provides the fuel for gold’s ascent. Central bankers should take the firmness in the prices of gold and oil, despite unfavourable fundamentals, as a warning that their policies are failing to generate firmly-based confidence in a stable economy."

I must admit OnlyMe, I expected the bond market to have gone by now.

I liked this bit:

"The liquidity that the central banks are creating provides the fuel for gold’s ascent. Central bankers should take the firmness in the prices of gold and oil, despite unfavourable fundamentals, as a warning that their policies are failing to generate firmly-based confidence in a stable economy."

Bonds are like Jelly....theres always room for a bit more.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I liked this bit:

Aren't we playing Japanese Makeupenomics for the next couple of decades?

I liked this bit:

Is there a market in bonds/gilts any more when the main participants are the central banks printing money out of nowhere to buy them?

Edited by OnlyMe