House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Laura

Essex Council Recruitment Ad. From 2002

Or, why I support culling of (some) humanity <_<

Or why the UK is sh*t.

Or why I am so glad I got OH out of the place before he went on a mass killing/cleansing spree.

I thought I had lost this classic that I cut out all those seven years ago. Hope you enjoy it too.

Anyone with high blood pressure should not read this.

3900592806_1bd43b5d17_o.jpg

Now no doubt someone will tell me these jobs were/are vital.

EDIT:- Minor unforced grammar error

Edited by Laura

Sorry, could get past the first sentence.

"In today's world of constant media noise", they wanted to squander more taxpayer's money to create more of it.

Sorry, could get past the first sentence.

"In today's world of constant media noise", they wanted to squander more taxpayer's money to create more of it.

funny, Corporate Roles in a Government Job. makes no sense. neither do virtually costless lunches in the HQ building of ECC.

probably job share too.

Essential for 24 hr coverage when you are involved in communicating with 'the rest of the world'

Essential for 24 hr coverage when you are involved in communicating with 'the rest of the world'

yes, all our council services are available 24/7...well no, its 9-12 2-4, weekdays only.

god help us if the chinese invade on a Friday Evening.

I think you will find that talking (and other forms of communication) is outside the remit of other technical roles, so clearly a multi-level managerial responsibility needs to be set up to talk and relieve other professional council staff of the need to communicate.

I think you will find that talking (and other forms of communication) is outside the remit of other technical roles, so clearly a multi-level managerial responsibility needs to be set up to talk and relieve other professional council staff of the need to communicate.

This isnt about talking,its about spinning...why the CE needed £180,000 per year...there has to be a good reason...and the trips to the Bahamas and other exotic places with the wives....all in the name of moneysaving and efficiency no doubt.

Now no doubt someone will tell me these jobs were/are vital.

Hey! I object to that!

I work for a local council, and I can assure you that these jobs are an utter waste of money. Not only are they not needed, but they don't even do it that well. All employees and residents regually get a glossy brochure telling you what the council are doing. Most people ignore them as junk mail, some look at them, realise they are from the council and then bin them, and some actually read them, only to discover that they are all about filling four sides of glossy A4, rather than about real information.

They aren't even effective propaganda FFS.

What a truly shocking waste of our money. Its a council FFS!- not a media company. Communications about our 'products' bloody hell what do think they are? A council or a production line? Its a bulllshit job for bullshitters producing total bulllshit communications. For the council. At our expense. Essex, glad I don't live there!

Edited by Spoony

Hey! I object to that!

I work for a local council, and I can assure you that these jobs are an utter waste of money. Not only are they not needed, but they don't even do it that well. All employees and residents regually get a glossy brochure telling you what the council are doing. Most people ignore them as junk mail, some look at them, realise they are from the council and then bin them, and some actually read them, only to discover that they are all about filling four sides of glossy A4, rather than about real information.

They aren't even effective propaganda FFS.

does your employer know you can write? the unions won#t have you know...

Woohoo, about £40k in todays money and index linked for life. Here's to a fat pension, here's to a laid back stress-free workday, here's to leaving on time everyday hell here's to flexible working hours, here's to taking every other Friday off and doing an extra 30 minutes more each day, here's to working from home when I feel like it, here's to an entitlement to two to three extra weeks no questions asked sick days per year, here's to useless meetings to fill up my day, here's to access to all the other ring-fenced jobs that I can apply for, here's to adding no value and here's to leeching off the taxpayer for the next 7 years.

Woohoo, about £40k in todays money and index linked for life.............................., here's to adding no value and here's to leeching off the taxpayer for the next 7 years.

A perfect example of why OH & I got out of the UK.

LAs are like an unprincipled monster of a child that is never taught the lessons that matter.

I have another recruitment ad for a 'Head of Marketing & Income Generation' at a well known & troublesome political party.

Anyone want to see it? :)

lol

i love how it's 'assistant' as if one person wasn't enough

the best i saw was i was watching the UK version of the weakest link quiz show and one of the geezers on there said his girlfriend was a "Smoking enforcement officer" employed by the council.Im a non smoker myself but talk about creating useless fluff jobs or what....

lol

i love how it's 'assistant' as if one person wasn't enough

the best i saw was i was watching the UK version of the weakest link quiz show and one of the geezers on there said his girlfriend was a "Smoking enforcement officer" employed by the council.Im a non smoker myself but talk about creating useless fluff jobs or what....

These idiots can't even get their gestapo job titles right. It should be 'non-smoking enforcement officer'. Just like the stupid notices we have to put up on the door at work about 'anyone who knowingly permits smoking'. They don't even understand the concept of tautology!

The local authority where I used to live thought it was a good idea to 'sponsor' one of the local semi-pro football teams for £70,000 per annum.

Why the feck does a council need to sponsor anything? It's not like they have real customers that can take their business elsewhere, they have a monopoly and a captive market.

Of course the councillors will have got a chance to rub shoulders with a couple of has been footballers, surely this couldn't have been the really reason for the sponsorship.........nooo never it is about getting 'best value'.