House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Noodle

Time Travel

Guest Parry aka GOD

I contend the only way out of this ECONOMIC mess is via a time machine. Dial back to April 1997. Perhaps a bit further.

Where's that bloke with the Speak n' Spell when you need him?

If possible, what date would you go back to and what would you change?

EDIT: See? Relevant.

In the main forum - nowhere and nothing.

In the off-topic forum, I'd fix our giving-up of empire and at least forge a monetary union with 25% of the globe. That way, we could have over-consumed for about 60 years like the Americans!

Interesting plan but I would suggest going back further, the problem being could you actually change anything and if you do would it make things better or worse.

You may even destroy yourself meaning no more Mr Parry, now if that happens would you have existed to go back in time and alter history?

Guest DisposableHeroes
I contend the only way out of this mess is via a time machine. Dial back to April 1997. Perhaps a bit further.

Where's that bloke with the Speak n' Spell when you need him?

Wow that got moved quick. I would want to move forward if possible, a couple of thousand years. Would very much like to come back as well though.

Guest Parry aka GOD
Interesting plan but I would suggest going back further, the problem being could you actually change anything and if you do would it make things better or worse.

You may even destroy yourself meaning no more Mr Parry, now if that happens would you have existed to go back in time and alter history?

MODS - WHY IS THIS IN THE OFF-TOPIC?

Perfectly relevant to discussion of economcis, what would you change and when to prevent the current nightmare from developing?

Yes? No?

MODS - WHY IS THIS IN THE OFF-TOPIC?

Perfectly relevant to discussion of economcis, what would you change and when to prevent the current nightmare from developing?

Yes? No?

Because you are the saviour of "Off Topic" Mr Parry aka GOD!

Guest Parry aka GOD
Because you are the saviour of "Off Topic" Mr Parry aka GOD!

Must make some sort of contribution to the main forum, however miserable it makes us.

Guest Parry aka GOD

Bl00dy hell this has gone horribly wrong. It's not a discussion about whether Doctor fvcking Who is a real fvcking Doctor.

IF possible, what date would you go back to and what would you change?

Thank-you.

Bl00dy hell this has gone horribly wrong. It's not a discussion about whether Doctor fvcking Who is a real fvcking Doctor.

Thank-you.

In order to undo the existing chaos it will be necessary to go back and kill the woman who invented the wheel. There is no other way - June 5th 8054BC.

Guest anorthosite

Thank-you.

I'd go back and give Hannibal some big bloody guns to allow him to sack Rome.

No Roman Empire, no Christianity or Islam.

Thank-you.

There's no such thing as time.

The past and future are just human constructs that have no physical meaning.

Guest Parry aka GOD

Okay I hear you all, but not wishing to under the inevitable invention of the wheel (a woman you say? how come they can't reverse park then?) or other civilised things like Thomas Crappers idiosyncratic device, what would you change to prevent the current balls up? Recent history. Although open to these other ideas.

Don't say 'I'd have bought a house in 2000!'

I contend the only way out of this ECONOMIC mess is via a time machine. Dial back to April 1997. Perhaps a bit further.
I tried that. Went back in time and warned everybody.

They all told me to F*** off, cos they were going to make squillions on property and the collapse I was prophesying would happen in the distant future (in like 12 years).

Guest Parry aka GOD
There's no such thing as time.

The past and future are just human constructs that have no physical meaning.

Blimey, well that's fvcked it.

Okay I hear you all, but not wishing to under the inevitable invention of the wheel (a woman you say? how come they can't reverse park then?) or other civilised things like Thomas Crappers idiosyncratic device, what would you change to prevent the current balls up? Recent history. Although open to these other ideas.

I said the wheel, not the bl00dy gearbox!

Must make some sort of contribution to the main forum, however miserable it makes us.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes it's all getting rather depressing. It's like being told you only have months to live and we are just waiting for the inevitable.

Guest Parry aka GOD
Id go back and sneak on that pamela andersons boat and film it properly :)

. . . and that Paris Hilton train wreck!

Guest Parry aka GOD
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes it's all getting rather depressing. It's like being told you only have months to live and we are just waiting for the inevitable.

Stay right where you are!

Yes it is a tad.

EDIT: See? Relevant.

How about you tell us when you would go back to and why?

I think you would only need to go back to the sixties in order to avoid the current mess, but as to how you would prevent it, I have no idea.

Guest DisposableHeroes

A bit of a boring answer for "off topic", but the deregulation of the financial services sector. The ability for people to borrow more than 3x / 2.5x joint salary's, ridiculous self cert mortgages...Generally the conservative approach to banking sell out for share holder profit.

If I hadn't have saved to the extreme extent that I did, I'd be renting for life.