House Price Crash Forum

Estate Agency News

Timm

HOLA441

http://www.estateagencynews.co.uk/smith_ar.../psmith0709.asp

Let’s suppose the market is in the middle of a ‘W’ trend-line, where we have come down the first slope and are on the way up, but waiting on the other side is another down.

We need to make sure the ‘W’ has the symmetry of a traditional typeface rather than something that has been drawn by Salvador Dali, whose surrealist images hang lopsidedly into the future.

I am no economist, but there does seem to be an inescapable logic in the argument we are in for a double-dip recession with sharply rising unemployment, falling tax revenues, public spending cutbacks and lower incomes, irrespective of which party is in Government.

All this could mean greater budget deficits and more downward pressure on the housing market for the next two or three years.

In the interests of balance, I should point out that the front page is somewhat more bullish...

HOLA442
HOLA443
I am no economist, but there does seem to be an inescapable logic in the argument we are in for a double-dip recession with sharply rising unemployment, falling tax revenues, public spending cutbacks and lower incomes, irrespective of which party is in Government.

Clearly they aren't.

Haven't they heard about the jobless recovery?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

If it is a double dip then I reckon the second dip would be much more severe as many businesses and people have dipped into reserves etc to stay afloat and now theres not much left..... equally mentally a second more severe dip would be more difficult to take for many.... the only thing I think perhaps which runs against the double dip theory is the fact that interest rates are so very very low.... while unemployment might go up another 1m or so there are still countless milllions in employment with arguably more household dosposable income than they had even in 2006/2007 .... if rates are kept low until a stornger recovery is well underway then we may just avoid a double dip.. but if we don't watch out.

HOLA448
All this could mean greater budget deficits and more downward pressure on the housing market for the next two or three years.

With one minor correction the boy? has it,

All this could mean greater budget deficits and more downward pressure on the housing market for the next twenty or thirty years.

HOLA449
If it is a double dip then I reckon the second dip would be much more severe as many businesses and people have dipped into reserves etc to stay afloat and now theres not much left..... equally mentally a second more severe dip would be more difficult to take for many.... the only thing I think perhaps which runs against the double dip theory is the fact that interest rates are so very very low.... while unemployment might go up another 1m or so there are still countless milllions in employment with arguably more household dosposable income than they had even in 2006/2007 .... if rates are kept low until a stornger recovery is well underway then we may just avoid a double dip.. but if we don't watch out.

double dip? where is the rise of the first dip? house prices do not an economy make.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

"We need to make sure the ‘W’ has the symmetry of a traditional typeface rather than something that has been drawn by Salvador Dali, whose surrealist images hang lopsidedly into the future. "

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

He's probably got Dali's painting An Estate Agent Contemplates Sales in the Winter of '09 in mind....

Edited by juvenal

HOLA4413
"We need to make sure the ‘W’ has the symmetry of a traditional typeface rather than something that has been drawn by Salvador Dali, whose surrealist images hang lopsidedly into the future. "

He's probably got Dali's painting An Estate Agent Contemplates Sales in the Winter of '09 in mind....

Mr. Mangle TruFact:

The Chupa Chups logo was designed by Salvador Dali.

HOLA4414

Or the Bull, in 3D.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_x-kq_MzedhI/SoTN...Melting+Cow.jpg

Edited by OnlyMe