House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rolf

Your Circle Of Friends

Are you of the type that hangs out in the same group all the time and only occasionally sees other friends.

Or are you like the centre of a wheel and see lots of different and unconnected people fairly equally?

I used to be like the former but am now the latter. I think it's better for the soul too.

What say ye?

Guest KingCharles1st

I'm the latter, but then there's also the off-topic crew on here to take into account.. :unsure:

It depends what you mean by a friend - a friend is someone who is there for you when you are down, depressed or ill and does not desert no matter how miserable you are.

Most of us are lucky to have just one person like that and I always was told that you have as many friends as you have fingers on a hand then you are indeed very lucky.

True, genuine friends are different to just people you know or hang out with.

Let this be your life lesson for today.

Words of wisdom indeed, Old Disguised Bulby person.

Are you of the type that hangs out in the same group all the time and only occasionally sees other friends.

Or are you like the centre of a wheel and see lots of different and unconnected people fairly equally?

I used to be like the former but am now the latter. I think it's better for the soul too.

I'm the later too, have 4 close friends but they don't mix (some know the others and don't get on). I have always felt personality wise it would be almost impossible to mix with just a single type of person, either that or I have a complex personality (which I'm not saying I do). For me I have different friends which fulfil the different aspects of my personality, not buy design just worked out that way, would discuss things with one or tow of them which I would never discuss with the others and vice-versa.

Got 4 level 1 friends, about 10 level 2's and tons of level 3.

Level 1 : No matter what happens they will be there for you, ask for nothing and expect nothing in return.

Level 2 : Very good friends, would in all likelihood help you out but don't expect too much.

Level 3 : People you get on well with but not much else.

I've not got masses of mates but generally I see them individually or in small groups as they're all so different. I have friends ten years older, ten years younger, everyday small-c conservative people, what polite society would consider dodgy people, people who are complete socially indept geeks and people who are the epitome of cool.

Guest theboltonfury

What say ye?

I have 3 true friends in the world. I have known them all over 20 years. We live miles apart and see each other around 6 times a year. I'd rather that than a group of acquaintances, some of whom I hate, like I've had before.

Guest Skinty

What say ye?

I have one or two friends scattered around the country that I very rarely see or communicate with. But they are the kind of friends that I can be out of contact with for a couple of years and pick up where we left off.

I've moved every few years since birth, the most I've ever stayed anywhere is 7 years; 3 is the norm.

This makes the traditional "friends" a bit strained; I usually just lose touch after going back a few times in the first couple of years after moving away.

My best friends (2 - 5 depending how you define it) I see once every one or two years. I always pick up local friends but that's more for social convenience.

I'm looking at moving again imminently. This may be as bad a habit as the people who never move.

Its like a pyramid really

1 seriously close mate, best man at wedding etc

3 other mates who them 3 the 1 aqbove and I go for a curry night with our biatcheez regularly

Then a larger string of people who I know from the pub and work etc