House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gurgle

Disaster To Hit Uk In 2011

This will sound really way out to everyone (me included). However, I live in Poland and my wife and I have been discussing whether to move back to the UK or not (just been offered an interesting new job in London). Anyway, she went to one of those spiritual healers (yes I know very way out) for a laugh. This woman told my wife that something really bad was going to happen in the UK in 2011.

Now, I would normally ignore this kind of comment as new age claptrap, however, the weird thing is she mentioned lots of other things which are going on in BOTH our lives (I wasn't even there), both healthwise and otherwise and was incredibly accurate with them, without any prior knowledge whatsoever. Anyway, she said going back would be a mistake for the reason mentioned.

I'm really worried now because I'm actually considering listening to this advice as it sort of matches up with my gut feel in some ways... Am I mad ?

Mods, feel free to move if this is a little off topic :blink:

Spirtualist's tend to work on the balance of probabilities and read people.

"Is there anyone in the room called John?" People of a certain age, will have a dead parent and so on.

Peter Sellers consulted a spritualist, who was in cahoots with the film companies and persuaded him to sign up to the Pink Panther!

You have to see a lot of psyhics and mediums to learn the difference between the two, to learn about which psyhics are genuine and which are cold reading and to work out which ones are good and which are bad.

All mediums are psyhic but not all psyhics are mediums. A subtle but important difference.

Psyhics, IMPO, are best avoided as a great many cold read and a great many have Ego trips. On the other hand, if you can find yourself a good, genuine medium who gives you specific names, places, dates, details then it can be an interesting and fascinating experience.

My understanding is that good mediums do not partake in 'fortune' or future telling because they focus on connecting people in this World with friends, family and loved ones in the next.

My understanding is to be wary of anyone who claims to be a medium who 'fortune tells' because, as in your case, you are now worried about something that might not be true, may well never happen and could have been told to you by someone picking up on your insecurities.

With regards to what the lady in Poland told you, I would suggest that the Universe is unfolding as it should and that the Sun will still rise come 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 - after that, who knows ;)

This woman told my wife that something really bad was going to happen in the UK in 2011

Indeed.

Call me Dave will have been in power for anything up to one year by end 2011.

And ably assisted by Twee Georgie to ruin anything much which Brown and Darling Darling haven't!

Pretty disastrous if you ask me!

:rolleyes:

You should get into buy to let. I can invite you to one of my seminar's, it's £6000 for 1 week course where I will show you everything you need to know about making money in a falling property market.

Don't worry, i cashed out of the UK property market in July 2007, (accidentally I might add, but I'm not getting back in for a while yet). I'm of an age where i didn't make the most out of the market in the UK. Any gains I've made have been in Poland, and they're also modest. I'm in it for a place to live rather than making a wedge.

My understanding is to be wary of anyone who claims to be a medium who 'fortune tells' because, as in your case, you are now worried about something that might not be true, may well never happen and could have been told to you by someone picking up on your insecurities.

Not really worried, just got me thinking about things and whether I really want to move back to a lower standard of living, albeit closer to family etc. Life is good here, apart from the bureaucracy.

Guest X-QUORK
All mediums are psyhic but not all psyhics are mediums.

But all mediums and all psyhcics are conning charlatans.

Not really worried, just got me thinking about things and whether I really want to move back to a lower standard of living, albeit closer to family etc. Life is good here, apart from the bureaucracy.

How do you find the Polish ladies on an attractiveness scale when young, middle aged and older? What about their personalities?

There is a Polish lady who works in a shop near me who is stunningly good-looking but she acts just like the Polish women in that Harry Enfield sketch - cold!

There is a Polish lady who works in a shop near me who is stunningly good-looking but she acts just like the Polish women in that Harry Enfield sketch - cold!

Yes I used to use a coffee shop staffed by East European girls. I felt like Harry Enfield! Smiling and being nice has little effect on them. :blink:

Indeed.

Call me Dave will have been in power for anything up to one year by end 2011.

And ably assisted by Twee Georgie to ruin anything much which Brown and Darling Darling haven't!

Pretty disastrous if you ask me!

:rolleyes:

:lol:

How do you find the Polish ladies on an attractiveness scale when young, middle aged and older? What about their personalities?

Yes, looks-wise they are, on average, much prettier than English girls (ducks !). However, they do appear cold initially. This is a cultural thing. Polish people are much more reserved on first acquaintance and don't open up until you know them quite well. English people are generally more open and friendlier on first acquaintance. This is definitely true of shop staff in Poland.

Yes I used to use a coffee shop staffed by East European girls. I felt like Harry Enfield! Smiling and being nice has little effect on them. :blink:

If you speak to them in Polish they will perk up significantly (provided they're from Poland and not somewhere else in E. Europe of course :) ). They are always pleased when an English person speaks Polish to them, partly because they're homesick, and partly because they're surprised you can (Polish is very hard to learn).

If you speak to them in Polish they will perk up significantly (provided they're from Poland and not somewhere else in E. Europe of course :) ). They are always pleased when an English person speaks Polish to them, partly because they're homesick, and partly because they're surprised you can (Polish is very hard to learn).

Ah, but I am half-Polish and was brought up surrounded by loads of Poles from the Free Polish Army who settled here at the end of WW2.

A friend commented that the Poles who left Poland after WW2 and the Poles who lived under Communism for 50 years are now two separate nationalities. A bit of a generalisation I admit but I did wonder whether she had a point. Hoping to go visit Poland next year for the first time ever.

Btw, all the Poles I grew up with were frighteningly friendly and outgoing.

Guest X-QUORK
I would agree with the sentiment but one must keep an open mind on these things surely just in case. ;)

Provided you remain open-minded about fairies at the bottom of the garden.

You should get into buy to let. I can invite you to one of my seminar's, it's £6000 for 1 week course where I will show you everything you need to know about making money in a falling property market.

I do a better one for £5,500

Oh I do, as I do about receiving 72 virgins in the kingdom of Paradise if I go off and kill people and myself in the process who don't believe in that. <_<

Never understood the appeal.

In my Paradise I'd receive 72 disease-free filthy-minded supple muscled bisexual sluts of various colours, and they'd all find me incredibly attractive.

Edit. Potential UK disasters in 2011.

Nuclear power station meltdown (prolonging the old ones life too much) followed by pollution and massive energy shortages.

IMF and currency run(think it will be 2010)

bla bla getting a bit too Main forum so will stop.....

Guest DisposableHeroes
This will sound really way out to everyone (me included). However, I live in Poland and my wife and I have been discussing whether to move back to the UK or not (just been offered an interesting new job in London). Anyway, she went to one of those spiritual healers (yes I know very way out) for a laugh. This woman told my wife that something really bad was going to happen in the UK in 2011.

Now, I would normally ignore this kind of comment as new age claptrap, however, the weird thing is she mentioned lots of other things which are going on in BOTH our lives (I wasn't even there), both healthwise and otherwise and was incredibly accurate with them, without any prior knowledge whatsoever. Anyway, she said going back would be a mistake for the reason mentioned.

I'm really worried now because I'm actually considering listening to this advice as it sort of matches up with my gut feel in some ways... Am I mad ?

Mods, feel free to move if this is a little off topic :blink:

Wish I was a cockroach:

Cockroaches are among the hardiest insects on the planet. Some

species are capable of remaining active for a month without food and

are able to survive on limited resources like the glue from the back of

postage stamps.[19]

Some can go without air for 45 minutes or slow down their heart rate.

In one experiment, cockroaches were able to recover from being

submerged underwater for half an hour.[20]

It is popularly suggested that cockroaches will "inherit the earth" if humanity destroys itself in a nuclear war.

Cockroaches do indeed have a much higher radiation resistance than

vertebrates, with the lethal dose perhaps 6 to 15 times that for

humans. However, they are not exceptionally radiation-resistant

compared to other insects, such as the fruit fy.

The cockroach's ability to withstand radiation better than human

beings can be explained through the cell cycle. Cells are most

vulnerable to the effects of radiation when they are dividing. A

cockroach's cells divide only once each time it molts, which is weekly

at most in a juvenile roach. Since not all cockroaches would be molting

at the same time, many would be unaffected by an acute burst of

radiation, but lingering radioactive fallout would still be harmful.

http://' target="_blank">