House Price Crash Forum

Is There Any Way Of Getting My Funds Back Out Of A Final Salary Pension Scheme That Has Ended?

Carl J

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

The company is Sun Shemical. I was in it for about 5 years and have around 4k in it. How will I go about getting my money back? I've phoned them and asked but they said it's not possible. A colleauge has told me I need to transfer the funds but where to? Thanks for any help.

HOLA445
The company is Sun Shemical. I was in it for about 5 years and have around 4k in it. How will I go about getting my money back? I've phoned them and asked but they said it's not possible. A colleauge has told me I need to transfer the funds but where to? Thanks for any help.

Transfer to the next employers pension fund. Otherwise your present fund will be frozen, to pay out only at retirement age. If it's less than £15K (under present laws) then, you should be able to take the lot as cash. If over £15K; 25% cash tax free; the rest must buy an annuity (pension).

These figures may well change over a long period.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Transfer to the next employers pension fund. Otherwise your present fund will be frozen, to pay out only at retirement age. If it's less than £15K (under present laws) then, you should be able to take the lot as cash. If over £15K; 25% cash tax free; the rest must buy an annuity (pension).

These figures may well change over a long period.

The figure above is now £17500 but that has to be the value of all your pension funds for you to be able to take it as cash and all pension funds must be cashed within a 12 month period.

Archived