House Price Crash Forum

Ambitions

Guest Disposable Heroes

HOLA441
Guest DisposableHeroes

I would like to learn how to fly a light aircraft or a glider, it's not financially viable at the moment, but hopefully in the future!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Good thread! Hopefully will give folks ideas of things to do!

I've already traveled a little, learned to play guitar, got my degree, visited the pyramids, a bunch of stuff really.

Would love to have a nice bungalow, visit NZ & Canada, sky-dive, check out a rainforest - that sort of thing.

Please add!

HOLA445
HOLA446
Good thread! Hopefully will give folks ideas of things to do!

I've already traveled a little, learned to play guitar, got my degree, visited the pyramids, a bunch of stuff really.

Would love to have a nice bungalow, visit NZ & Canada, sky-dive, check out a rainforest - that sort of thing.

Please add!

That is an unusual ambition. Most people want a farmhouse, cottage or mansion. Bungalows tend to be associated with the elderly and disabled though I see the attraction of being able to clean your own windows and gutters.

HOLA447
Guest DisposableHeroes
That is an unusual ambition. Most people want a farmhouse, cottage or mansion. Bungalows tend to be associated with the elderly and disabled though I see the attraction of being able to clean your own windows and gutters.

I like Bungalows, there nice and low to the ground. Houses are a bit pretentious, all high and mighty in the air, with their stairs, multiple toilets...

HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest DisposableHeroes
Ultimate goal is self-sufficiency (as much as possible). I loathe the current system although I acknowledge that it's far superior to many others so no "I guess you want to live in Afghanistan then?" comments thank you very much.

Self-sufficiency would be great, theirs been a real uptake on allotment near to where I live. May people buying wood burners too.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
I like Bungalows, there nice and low to the ground. Houses are a bit pretentious, all high and mighty in the air, with their stairs, multiple toilets...

Nothing wrong with bungalows but, unless one is thinking in terms of a Southfork type ranch, not the stuff of dreams. A bit like drooling over a people carrier however practical they are.

Sorry I didn't want to hijack the thread - we need a "what type of house do you want" thread but I'm sure its been done already.

HOLA4412
Guest DisposableHeroes
Interested to know your thoughts on maisonettes DH?

Don't get me started. In places like bath, when you walk past them they look down on you with their plethora of windows all hoity-toity. I shout back "ALL YOU ARE IS A GLORIFIED TERRACE!".

HOLA4413
I would like to learn how to fly a light aircraft or a glider, it's not financially viable at the moment, but hopefully in the future!

You should do it. My dad has been mad about gliding ever since his army days in the far east. There are loads of clubs scattered around the country and it's surprisingly cheap to go up with an instructor via a winch for 1/2 hr.

I did a two week intensive course when i was 16 at Husbands Bosworth. I'd not been near a glider before. I did a solo flight on the last day. Happy days.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Guest DisposableHeroes
Nothing wrong with bungalows but, unless one is thinking in terms of a Southfork type ranch, not the stuff of dreams. A bit like drooling over a people carrier however practical they are.

Sorry I didn't want to hijack the thread - we need a "what type of house do you want" thread but I'm sure its been done already.

I see some people get delusions of grandeur and try and pimp up bungalows, turning their roofs into more floors. It's a house now people, A HOUSE.

HOW COULD YOU? Kirsty Allsop might be a exuberant go getting poppet, but encourage this type of erection, is taking liberties.

HOLA4418
I see some people get delusions of grandeur and try and pimp up bungalows, turning their roofs into more floors. It's a house now people, A HOUSE.

HOW COULD YOU? Kirsty Allsop might be a exuberant go getting poppet, but encourage this type of erection, is taking liberties.

A lot of bungalows are under threat DH. They could be extinct completely in a few years. One near me has been torn down to be replaced with a four bedroomed HOUSE.

HOLA4419

My personal ambitions are to get cracking with my racing. I've been dabbling with the odd race here and there for 5 years now with a few wins/podiums. Never done a full, proper season though. So that's next year's ambition. It's gonna cost £10k but it'll be worth it.

Beyond that, i'm hoping house prices come down over the next 4 years, and that our savings continue to build up. It would be nice to buy this place with no mortgage and go part time at work, or move abroad, or buy somewhere bigger and keep working. Who knows. It's nice to have options though.

I've never been skiing and always wanted to. We've pencilled in a two week trip to Canada in the new year. I can see that becoming an annual thing.

I'd also like to go travelling around europe on my bike.

Oh, and i'm planning to goto more concerts. U2 at Wembley last month was my first stadium concert. Amazing stuff. Hopefully off to see Muse in Paris in a couple of months.

I think my life started properly the day we completed on the house sale and we moved into the in-laws old house. Life is good. Saving, and the housing market is definitely secondary to actually doing things.

HOLA4420
Guest DisposableHeroes
You should do it. My dad has been mad about gliding ever since his army days in the far east. There are loads of clubs scattered around the country and it's surprisingly cheap to go up with an instructor via a winch for 1/2 hr.

I did a two week intensive course when i was 16 at Husbands Bosworth. I'd not been near a glider before. I did a solo flight on the last day. Happy days.

Fantastic. I bet it was great, I just love the idea of using thermals to travel large distances. I've seen a few which have engines which pop up out the top to extend the flight or evade field landing, WOW.

Great to have made it to solo flying after a couple of weekS!

HOLA4421
I think my life started properly the day we completed on the house sale and we moved into the in-laws old house. Life is good. Saving, and the housing market is definitely secondary to actually doing things.

Isn't being on Top Gear enough? You are always learning an interesting foreign language too, whilst testing a car on the track!

HOLA4422
Travel a little bit, thinking of South America ... and buy a house at a reasonable price so the mortgage can be gone quickly. Reading about this Freeman stuff on HPC has got me interested in the law and my rights so I plan to learn a lot more about this in the future.

The continued pursuit of knowledge - awesome. When I retire I will gladly watch films, play guitar, and read read read.

HOLA4423

Where are you based ? I could give you a go if you like !!

Strangely enough I also had my first trip in a glider last weekend. Seriously thinking about doing a course now.

HOLA4424
Guest DisposableHeroes
Travel and a PhD.

I have half been hoping for a redundancy (and associated cheque) to force me into doing something more rewarding with my time.

Sounds like two good worthwhile things to do. Nothing like travelling to take the blinkers off!

HOLA4425
Fantastic. I bet it was great, I just love the idea of using thermals to travel large distances. I've seen a few which have engines which pop up out the top to extend the flight or evade field landing, WOW.

Great to have made it to solo flying after a couple of weekS!

See the intensive courses listed here. Book it!

Courses at Husbands Bosworth