House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LetsGetReadyToTumble

Moving To Dorset

We'd like to move to Dorset and rent something like a 3/4 bed detached house with a garage.

Can anyone recommend an agent in the area, and even advise on an area with a decent community spirit?

Preferably something rural.

I'd like to move within striking distance of a navigable waterway. I fancy buying a boat whilst waiting for house prices to collapse.

Thanks,

Nick

We'd like to move to Dorset and rent something like a 3/4 bed detached house with a garage.

Can anyone recommend an agent in the area, and even advise on an area with a decent community spirit?

Preferably something rural.

I'd like to move within striking distance of a navigable waterway. I fancy buying a boat whilst waiting for house prices to collapse.

Thanks,

Nick

I too am thinking about moving to Dorset from Cornwall. Wareham is very nice, right on the river. There are some nice cafes, pubs and restaurants there and it is quite upmarket, but prices reflect that. I personally don't think property prices are going to drop anymore. In my part of Cornwall, prices are still strong and rising.

I too am thinking about moving to Dorset from Cornwall. Wareham is very nice, right on the river. There are some nice cafes, pubs and restaurants there and it is quite upmarket, but prices reflect that. I personally don't think property prices are going to drop anymore. In my part of Cornwall, prices are still strong and rising.

Many thanks, sounds good. Might see you there. :)

contact Roxland estate agents at Dorchester. Gillian is very good and unlike other Estate agents there. I am sure she will find for you what you are looking for and that too at the right price. (But do negotiate) 01305259629

More good advice, many thanks.

drramanjett

That's useful because we have come across some good agents, but also some @r5h0les.

I'm having problems finding a decent site that reviews agents. Probably a good addition to this site?

okaycuckoo

How far up the River Stour is navigable?

cheers,

Nick

Edited by LetsGetReadyToTumble

Wareham Market (Fri/Sat) is a real plus. I'm local, and I go there every Sat for fresh meat. cheese, fruit, veg, bakery and the interesting boot fair bit. There's not much you can't buy there, better and cheaper. I've also used the services of an restorer/upholsterer, watch repairer and plumber who have stalls there.

Can anyone help me by naming any agents I should steer clear of in the Dorset area?

I've found a three in Cornwall I could name and shame.

cheers

only three?!