House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MattW

Auction House (norfolk & Suffolk) 9 September 2009

Very odd - a lot of these properties ring a bell with me - the addresses seem to be ones that I went through a while ago to find previous sold prices... If I find the old post, I'll link to it.

Tillett Court and Lillian Close are photos I recognise too...

Edit: Easier than I thought: link from the post:

Flat 6 Catton View Court, Norwich NR3 3TF - For Auction on 9th Sept with Auction House - Guide Price £40,000 - £60,000

Last Sold June 2008 £58,500

56 Lillian Close, Norwich NR6 6RZ Auction House, 9th Sept, Guide Price £40,000 - £60,000

Last Sold

April 2000 £23,134

Dec 2005 £73,500

If I have time, I'll go through the rest of the catalogue and see if I can pull some other numbers, although I think I may have done a lot from the newspaper, and not had much luck.

Edited by waitingandsaving

Yeah I think I've seen that studio flat on Catton View Ct a few times now. Its being passed around like the preverbrial hot potato.

I wonder what's wrong with it? :unsure:

Quite a lot of those flats on Lilian Close up for sale too.

Out of those properties up for auction tomorrow, 41 Warwick St would interest me the most. If only I had the cash.

You know when you have other stuff that you really should be doing, but are looking for something to delay getting on with it? Well today's like that for me...

OK, here goes!

41 Warwick street, NR2 3LD last sold for £36,000 7th December 1997

56 Lillian Close, Norwich NR6 6RZ Auction House, 9th Sept, Guide Price �40,000 - �60,000

Last Sold

April 2000 �23,134

Dec 2005 �73,500

Flat 7 Helen House 282 Southtown Rd, Gt Yarmouth NR31 0JB

No sale for this one, but the other flats in the block:

Flat 5 Dec 2007 £66,275

Flat 6 Oct 2007 £82,500

Flat 6 Jun 2007 £82,000

Flat 4 Aug 2006 £43,000

Flat 5 Aug 2005 £54,000

63 Surrey Street Ipswich IP1 2LF last sold April 2003, £82,000

Flat 6 Catton View Court, Norwich NR3 3TF - For Auction on 9th Sept with Auction House - Guide Price �40,000 - �60,000

Last Sold June 2008 �58,500

4 St Marys Walk, Newton Flotman, Norwich, Norfolk, NR15 1PH last sold Dec 1999 £62,000

That's all of them (although I confess to skipping a GT Yarmouth one, and a Lowestoft one)

This auction seems to be a lot of (old) BTL stock, and what I presume are old people moving on in one form or another - as well as a couple of hotels and a pub.

Auctions have always looked a bit of a mixed bag before, but these seem to be properties that traditionally may have been harder for EAs to sell - ones needing modernisation and a bit of TLC. It'll be interesting how they sell in relation to guide.

You know when you have other stuff that you really should be doing, but are looking for something to delay getting on with it? Well today's like that for me...

You love it really, don't you W&S? :D

Pass me the smelling salts - 41 Warwick St sold for £165k!!! :blink:

56 Lilian Close sold for £60k (flat is still tenanted)

6 Catton View Ct sold after

6 Hilary Ave (I walked past this very house today) sold for £95,500 (guide price £70-90k)

Flat 7 Helen House, Southtown Rd Gt Yarmouth sold for £45k

Looks like the housing market is motoring once again...

:D Maybe, but I do spent considerably less time on house prices than I used to... which is probably a Good Thing really! I still didn't get half of what needed doing today done though...

That Warwick St price is pretty impressively over the guide price!

Thing thing I'm more happy about is that generally speaking the ones that sold were pretty much on guide price - I'll take this as a positive, as it means that at the moment, the auction house have a pretty good idea of the lie of the land, and are making pretty good estimates. It's when things are permanently going for well over guide that you know things are truly crazy.

I was surprised the 2 Attleborough ones didn't sell - they looked like reasonable options - I wonder why they didn't sell? If the Attleborough one was somewhere other than Attleborough I'd be tempted... (There's nothing wrong with Attleborough it's just not somewhere we'll be living!)

Lillian Avenue has made a £13,500 loss - and is back to before 2005 prices - going by this sale, and a few others recently, I'd say we were back to about 2003 prices for some types of property (largely flats...)

Another Auction took place 29th October.... LINKY

None of the properties locally had been previously sold since 1995 according to Zoopla - the only one remotely similar was this one:

53 Muriel Rd NR2 3NY - sold £131,000 (55 Muriel sold for 168,500 in May 2008, and 160 in Dec 2006)

The next Auction is due in December catalogue link

Having a quick look through now to save time later:

50 Spencer St, NR3 4PB last sold Mar 1997, £25,000 GP £80-100k

70 Heigham Rd NR2 3AU last sold Feb 1999, £57,000 GP £120-140k

Flat 3, 92-94 Upper St Giles, NR2 1LT, last sold Mar 2005 £91,000 GP £75k +