House Price Crash Forum

For Anybody Who Doubted The Huge Political Bias Of The Bbc

Frank Hovis

HOLA441

As the BNP is the 5th or 6th biggest political party in England I just assumed they had already had representatives on Question Time. I don't watch it that often but I've seen Greens on there.

But no, and it's apparently a story that they may finally get on it.

The defensive tone of this story is also staggering (highlighted). The BBC clearly represent all people in Britain but only as long as they're left-leaning liberals.

BNP 'may appear on Question Time'

The BBC has confirmed it may invite British National Party leader Nick Griffin to appear on a future edition of the Question Time programme.

A spokesman said the BBC was bound by the rules to treat all political parties with "due impartiality".

Talks are being held with other parties, some of whom have previously refused to share a platform with the BNP because of its policies on race.

But the BBC says no parties can dictate who should not be included on the show.

No BNP representatives have yet appeared on the BBC's flagship panel show.

But the corporation has reviewed its position following the far-right party's success in last June's European elections, in which Mr Griffin was one of two BNP candidates to be elected as an MEP.

The BBC's chief political adviser, Ric Bailey, said the BNP had now "demonstrated evidence of electoral support at a national level."

He said this would be "reflected" in the amount of coverage the party received on BBC programmes such as Question Time.

Mr Bailey added: "The BBC is obliged to treat all political parties registered with the Electoral Commission and operating within the law with due impartiality."

The corporation issued its statement after the Observer newspaper claimed the BBC had "forced" the Labour Party to consider its policy of not sharing the same platform with the BNP.

The paper said a number of senior Labour figures, including Home Secretary Alan Johnson, had been approached by Question Time and that the party was now reviewing its position.

Mr Bailey said: " We are in talks with the parties on 'Question Time' which could feature Nick Griffin.

"It's worth noting that we often have discussions with people about who else is on the panel, but no parties can dictate who should or shouldn't be included."

He added: "Due impartiality is achieved both by ensuring appropriate scrutiny for each party and by the appearances of a range of politicians across a series of programmes.

"Our audiences - and the electorate - will make up their own minds about the different policies offered by elected politicians."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8240206.stm

HOLA442

Throw them to the wolves like the rest of the parties. At the moment BNP are getting an easy ride because they don't enough chances to say something stupid but everyone knows, or think that they know, what they stand for.

HOLA443
Guest KingCharles1st

I can imagine it now- some ethnic female from labour going on about deprived children and eco polices- Nick Griffin- "shut up, you don't know what you are talking about you stupid black bint"

One to watch methinks :P

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
BBC spokesperson on allegations of bias over Palestine - the gist being that it is not the BBC that is biased because the journalists they employ have already formed their opinions. So that will be the people that constitute the BBC then.

Jeremy Bowen spoke up for the Palestinians and the BBC took him to task!

HOLA447

While everyone expects the "oxygen of publicity" to cause Nick Griffin and the BNP to make themselves look like unelectable bigots, another equally plausible outcome will be that the endless hectoring/shouting down that NG is usually subjected to on the very rare occasions he is interviewed by the BBC (eg Today programme, R4) will demonstrate to the electorate that the establishment is always attempting to stifle debate on subjects it deems off-limits.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
As the BNP is the 5th or 6th biggest political party in England I just assumed they had already had representatives on Question Time.

About bloody time.

I don't support the BNP, but the "no platform" nonsense spouted by some members of the left has, I felt, always played in the BNP's hands. "No platform" is, ironically, a fascist notion. Let Nick Griffin, or one of his cronies, appear on Question Time, so that his views can be put under the microscope and voters can make up their own minds.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
He's obviously a self-hating Jew! :P

Or more likely, he does not agree with Zionism and more critically so, in its current incarnation and affects.

I have much respect for Mr Bowen: few are prepared to give up a comfy and well paid presenter's chair to place themselves in danger zones from IEDs and firefights.

He was.

HOLA4413
Guest X-QUORK
Or more likely, he does not agree with Zionism and more critically so, in its current incarnation and affects.

I have much respect for Mr Bowen: few are prepared to give up a comfy and well paid presenter's chair to place themselves in danger zones from IEDs and firefights.

He was.

+1

HOLA4414

He was.

I agree with you. However, these days anyone daring to criticise Israel is called an anti-Semite. Those drawing attention to the alleged Palestinian organ thefts, for example, have been accused of blood libel.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
While everyone expects the "oxygen of publicity" to cause Nick Griffin and the BNP to make themselves look like unelectable bigots, another equally plausible outcome will be that the endless hectoring/shouting down that NG is usually subjected to on the very rare occasions he is interviewed by the BBC (eg Today programme, R4) will demonstrate to the electorate that the establishment is always attempting to stifle debate on subjects it deems off-limits.

In that case he's not getting the 'oxygen of publicity' that would make him look like an 'unelectable bigot'.

HOLA4417

I'm happy to see the BNP subjected to a rigorous cross-examination of their policies. One might also hope that if Griffin was on the panel the Establishment parties might actually have to tell us what their policies on immigration are, rather than hiding behind insults and accusations of racism..... but I'm not holding my breath.

Would anyone care to succinctly describe Labour, Conservative or Lib Dem policy on immigration? Despite a considerable interest in politics I have absolutely no idea what their policies are. Do they think that the British population growing at the fastest rate in half a century is a good thing? Do they think that the arrival of hundreds of thousands of workers from Eastern Europe should have been allowed? What is the government's record on deporting people who are here illegally or who have broken the law and are subject to a deportation order? How effective is the points-based system used for Romanian and Bulgarian workers? Is the system of student visas open to widespread misuse?

The useless Dimbleby never gets them to answer these questions. Perhaps Griffin can. These are important issues and the Establishment parties collude to ensure they are never discussed in public. This is anti-democratic.

HOLA4418
I agree with you. However, these days anyone daring to criticise Israel is called an anti-Semite. Those drawing attention to the alleged Palestinian organ thefts, for example, have been accused of blood libel.

Indeed.

And as the Bard would have quoth perchance, "Aye! Therein lies the rub!".

The warmongering Zionists, ably supported by the Neo-Con lobby in America (Which is 90% ZIonist) and various incestuous British political Zionist groups such as: -

http://www.lfi.org.uk/

http://www.cfoi.co.uk/

Have very successfully managed through their massive media influence, to continually promote the horrors of the holocaust to raise extreme guilt feelings in both Brits and Yanks which allows the Zionist Israeli leaders to perpetrate horrendous and heinous acts of oppression, torture and bloodshed against the remaining Palestinians (Many of whom are actually Christians!) with complicit Western support.

As with so many true Jews - who have my total support - perhaps Mr Bowen has undergone a Damascene moment.

Noam Chomsky remains a Jewish intellect of pure integrity and hope at this time, perhaps.

Whatever the ostensible justfications, no group has the inalienable right to treat human beings as Israel has treated the residents of Gaza and most other parts of Palestine.

No one!

In fact reading the Nuremberg Principles (Set after the end of WW II and the Nuremberg War Trials), the USA, Bush Cheney et al; Britain Blair, Brown et al, Israel and its leaders and many others deserve truly to be brought before the International Courts of Justice under The Nuremberg Principles as War Criminals.

Convenient perhaps that the USA has never signed up to the general accord?

Perhaps worthwhile re-reading those principles.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Nuremberg_Principles

HOLA4419
BBC spokesperson on allegations of bias over Palestine - the gist being that it is not the BBC that is biased because the journalists they employ have already formed their opinions. So that will be the people that constitute the BBC then.

Aren't a very large proportion of the job ads for the BBC placed in the Meedja Guardian? I know they used to be in the 80s and 90s. The Beeb is pretty much 'institutionally Guardianista'.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I have little time for the bbc, BNP or Question Time

It is disingenuous of the BBC to claim that other parties cannot dictate who appears on the show, since this is clearly what happens. (i.e. if the BNP is there, nobody from any of the parties that matter will turn up - and they know it wouldn't make very good TV with just BNP and the audience.)

...but then I don't think Question Time is a particularly good concept anyway. Much better either to have the audience grilling a single politician (preferably from the government), or else have a panel of politicians and "experts" debating policy without audience.

HOLA4422

They won't be able to help themselves, the audience or the panel.

Griffin-pelted-with-eggs--002.jpg

Nick Griffin reacts as he leaves the news conference and protesters shout "Nazi scum, off our streets"

Griffin-pelted-with-eggs--008.jpg

Juding by the recent arrests that took place at their clan rally being all anti-BNP protestors they've learnt to keep their mouth shut and

let the opposition froth at the mouth. Which is the eaxct opposite of what should be happening, Nick Griffin looking like a tw@t

as he rambles on about sending the darkies back home.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/gallery...cture=348614941

HOLA4423
Guest joeschmo

I hope that Dianne Abbott represents Labour on the panel...she will make mince meat out of him ;) ( and have Amir Khan and Stephen Fry as the non political panelists)

HOLA4424
Guest anorthosite
I hope that Dianne Abbott represents Labour on the panel...she will make mince meat out of him ;) ( and have Amir Khan and Stephen Fry as the non political panelists)

Quite frankly, I doubt Dianne Abbott could make mincemeat out of a steak.

But don't worry, Griffin will no doubt do a wonderful job of hanging himself.

HOLA4425
Quite frankly, I doubt Dianne Abbott could make mincemeat out of a steak.

But don't worry, Griffin will no doubt do a wonderful job of hanging himself.

+1 on Dianne Abbott

Would be good to see Griffin debating someone like Tony Benn or Ken Clarke for a couple of hours...

The question time format lends itself very poorly to informed debate, more for quick oneliners.

Archived