Denninger Makes It Onto Cnbc...

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Picking up on the "sell some hope" line was nicely done, and quite revealing of how the CNBC guy views his role- not as a reporter but as a propagandist.

He more or less made Denniger's argument right there for him- you cannot trust these people to deliver unmanipulated information.

Indeed. Kneale is so fu*kin' stupid that he didn't even seem to realise he was handing the win to KD on a plate. :rolleyes:

HOLA448

I liked his graph; it showed that things started to go wrong back in 1980 which I agree with.

Back in 1980 it was decided that Britain didn’t need heavy engineering it was cheaper to buy it in from abroad.

Then we didn’t need coal it was cheaper to buy gas from abroad.

Then we didn’t need to pick up the phone it was cheaper for someone out in India to do it for us.

Then we didn’t need to work it was cheaper to get immigrants to do the work for us.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Can you run me through his claim about Lehman selling CDS on themselves please?

Doesn't matter. Fact is people are switching off from MSN and "tout TV."

Do you believe all the drivel CNBC pump out? CNBC is just a bucket shop pump and dump outfit.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
sides of denninger

in the first youtube clip he talks of the possibility of hyperinflation / the second article 6 months later focuses on a strong dollar and no hyperinflation:

The mad scramble will be on, and as it happens trade will be choked off by not a collapsing dollar but other currencies collapsing around the world.

Paradoxically, the DX, or dollar index, will skyrocket - not go through the floor - as this plays out.

Unfortunately this shuts down virtually all exports - at a time when we desperately need them, as we cannot borrow to consume any more. he economy collapses, along with government funding and our currency - but not through hyperinflation. The mad dash to redeem and sell anything and everything instead collapses pricing (that is, it becomes out-of-control deflation in an exponentially-increasing fashion) irrespective of Ben's attempt to halt it.

The "death spiral" ends in the destruction of our monetary base - not due to hyperinflation but due to the inability to borrow any more funds, the reduction of the currency's base to a giant circle jerk, asset fire sales in a mad liquidation dash and ultimately, the collapse of both the monetary and political systems in the United States as tax revenues collapse to very close to zero.

even given both opposing viewpoints he still thinks that gold is a relic!? 5000 years of history says otherwise but this is not a goldbug rant* by me, far from it - it just seems to me he changes his mind very quickly and is predjudiced against hard currencies

now in fairness, things change and therefore viewpoints should adjust; but, why be such a drama queen with such conviction when your viewpoint is so amenable to change

*edit - i cite this as corroboration to my viewpoint m'lud

So to remedy this situation, let us take a quick glance at history, but try to avoid the pitfalls of the gold bug crowd. As someone mentioned, here at ZeroHedge, we are 'truth bugs'.
Edited by p.p.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
KD's analyses are wafer thin.

Holding him up as some sort of market seer is seriously worrying chaps.

Is he wrong about bankers valuations of their assets?

Is he wrong about FDIC having trouble monitoring banks as they are lied to about the asset valuations?

HOLA4418
Is he wrong about bankers valuations of their assets?

Is he wrong about FDIC having trouble monitoring banks as they are lied to about the asset valuations?

hmm, doesn't make him right about everything though

as an aside there is a entertaining spat going on between him and jim willie; now, for those new to jim willie, he is pretty 'out there' but nevertheless provides many rumours that sometimes hit the mark

The second aside is to Karl Denninger. My detailed critique last week was not matched in kind. Instead he resorted to schoolyard name calling, showing a lack of depth, lack of character, a confirmation of limited vision. He has apparently missed a dozen major stories this decade that each reek of conspiracy. Let me mention only a couple. The Lehman failure was approved in order to resupply JPMorgan with $138 billion in the supposed honoring of the Lehman private accounts. Their failure was one of my fantastic stories laid out one month in advance, and permitted JPMorgan to avoid its own demise. Oh yes, JPMorgan records on Enron were located in the third World Trade Center building that was treated to demolition, without benefit of an aircraft impact. The other story is right under your nose. The appointment of Tim Geithner as Treasury Secretary is a continued conspiracy for Goldman Sachs control. My Hat Trick Letter laid out how the GSax reign of financial terror would continue by turning out yet another of its henchmen as Treasury Secretary, months in advance. No change was expected by the Jackass by the new Obama Admin. TARP funds continue to be protected without disclosure. Karl, you are a weak cog to a big machine that debunks the fraud and ongoing corruption, as conspiracy and breakdown are the signposts all around the roadways. However, you are a valued cog in a small corner, even if half blind.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
As I said it's down to the variables. Currently we seem to be heading towards deflation, although that is not certain with funny money being printed.

A case for both can easily be made.

so it's ok for him to make both cases then with equal conviction?

ok, ok, i get the variables bit, but maybe some admission from himself of this fact would be nice from time to time

HOLA4423
hmm, doesn't make him right about everything though

as an aside there is a entertaining spat going on between him and jim willie; now, for those new to jim willie, he is pretty 'out there' but nevertheless provides many rumours that sometimes hit the mark

course not, no-one is right about everything. but he IS right about the banks.

HOLA4424
so it's ok for him to make both cases then with equal conviction?

ok, ok, i get the variables bit, but maybe some admission from himself of this fact would be nice from time to time

I agree he should be more clear and admit both outcomes are possible but we are in an era where people want certainty, and admitting both makes people think you have no idea what you are talking about.

Clearly that's not the case.

HOLA4425