House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Spart

Celebrity Rapists.

If anyone needed any more reason for removing Big Brother from the airwaves Jack Tweed is it.

The public would never have even heard about this alleged rapist had it not been for that shitty show.

His alleged crime will be covered in minute details across the pages of the tabloids for months, yet strangely you won't be allowed to know who has raped the tax-payer for their bonuses at the banks.

Guest theboltonfury
I was thinking about this last night and wondered who would mention Craig from Red Dwarf.

This is where the media power is displayed at its best. Allege anything you like, rape, kiddie fiddling what ever, then post a small retraction later on if alleged claims prove to be baseless or the person is cleared. Of course sometimes it is down to good lawyers but Craig Charles is a classic example of how the media can take anyone down in a matter of seconds.

The trauma of being falsely accused

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3055859.stm

I was going to say that. He got royally stitched up. He lives just down the road from me in Ashley and see him regularly in the Greyhound pub.

Because we live in such a small country. Boy George summed it up best when he once said "You can be famous in this country for wearing a hat". And coupled with that, even with the unbelievable choice we have in TV channels and Internet on demand viewing etc. for some reasons the "original 4" terrestial channels still hold a monopoly on fame creation. It was worse in the 1970s and 1980s. This is the precise reason unfunny acts like Morecombe & Wise (no, really they were crap, let's be honest) became so famous. Tiny country with only 3 channels so people had no choice. Hopefully the dilution of power and the ever increasing access to other types of media put to bed this kind of easy, instananeous UK fame.

Guest absolutezero

Surely everyone should be completely anonymous unless found guilty in court.

Guest Parry aka GOD
I was going to say that. He got royally stitched up. He lives just down the road from me in Ashley and see him regularly in the Greyhound pub.

So he wasn't a rapist?

Funny how the MSN can spread it far and wide and then print an apology column the size a a fag packet.

Guest theboltonfury
So he wasn't a rapist?

Funny how the MSN can spread it far and wide and then print an apology column the size a a fag packet.

Nope. He wasn't even close to being a rapist.

What wasn't reported in the press was that the accuser was after a payout and had a history of this sort of thing.

Guest theboltonfury
Because we live in such a small country. Boy George summed it up best when he once said "You can be famous in this country for wearing a hat". And coupled with that, even with the unbelievable choice we have in TV channels and Internet on demand viewing etc. for some reasons the "original 4" terrestial channels still hold a monopoly on fame creation. It was worse in the 1970s and 1980s. This is the precise reason unfunny acts like Morecombe & Wise (no, really they were crap, let's be honest) became so famous. Tiny country with only 3 channels so people had no choice. Hopefully the dilution of power and the ever increasing access to other types of media put to bed this kind of easy, instananeous UK fame.

321 to was primetime Saturday telly for 10 years! That is quite incredible.

Guest Parry aka GOD
Nope. He wasn't even close to being a rapist.

What wasn't reported in the press was that the accuser was after a payout and had a history of this sort of thing.

I'd shoot the bitch. Seriously. Sh1t like that, red rag to bull.

321 to was primetime Saturday telly for 10 years! That is quite incredible.

I rest my case.

Guest theboltonfury
I rest my case.

Would it upset you further if I told you the Chuckle Brothers were one of the acts in 1982?

Would it upset you further if I told you the Chuckle Brothers were one of the acts in 1982?

nothing would surprise me.

they've already been implicated in a 3-way spit-roast scandal with that bird from hollyoaks :lol:

321 was awesome. The most surreal programme ever created until "Twin Peaks".

For example, a wishbone brought on by Sonny Hayes came with the clue "Take one that never changes, add a pub and a precious stone, bring them all up-to-date, and now you're on your own", which the contestants rejected hoping it referred to Dusty Bin. Rogers explanation of the clue was: "'Take one that never changes', well that could be Dusty Bin which of course is where you might throw a wishbone. 'Add a pub and a precious stone', well that doesn't point to Dusty. 'Bring them all up-to-date, and now you're on your own'. Well what about the wishbone? Sonny said 'a large wishbone', so what might a large wishbone come from? Something larger than a chicken. Turkey maybe? Now 'one that never changes' is a constant, a pub can also be an inn, there's a lot of precious stones but how many go with 'constant inn'? How about opal? Yes, Constantinople, up-to-date, the pride of Turkey, you've rejected the 3-2-1 holiday!"

:lol:

I believe the people who wrote the riddles went on to work in the City writing the T&Cs for financial products.

A friend of mine was falsely accused of rape and his picture was spread all over the newspapers. It was thrown out of court and the judge called her "a silly little girl" - it transpired she'd made the allegations of rape 24 months after the alleged incident when she got a muslim boyfriend who didn't like the thought of her not being a virgin. She has never publicly been named. :rolleyes:

Guest theboltonfury
For example, a wishbone brought on by Sonny Hayes came with the clue "Take one that never changes, add a pub and a precious stone, bring them all up-to-date, and now you're on your own", which the contestants rejected hoping it referred to Dusty Bin. Rogers explanation of the clue was: "'Take one that never changes', well that could be Dusty Bin which of course is where you might throw a wishbone. 'Add a pub and a precious stone', well that doesn't point to Dusty. 'Bring them all up-to-date, and now you're on your own'. Well what about the wishbone? Sonny said 'a large wishbone', so what might a large wishbone come from? Something larger than a chicken. Turkey maybe? Now 'one that never changes' is a constant, a pub can also be an inn, there's a lot of precious stones but how many go with 'constant inn'? How about opal? Yes, Constantinople, up-to-date, the pride of Turkey, you've rejected the 3-2-1 holiday!"

I believe the people who wrote the riddles went on to work in the City writing the T&Cs for financial products.

One of the genuine prizes was a years supply of fish. I kid you not.

One of the genuine prizes was a years supply of fish. I kid you not.

At least its something you can use I suppose.

I always wondered what the fate of the boats on Bullseye was.

Pub darts players aren't really known for being part of the Riviera scene.

:lol: That's awesome. I do vaguely remember 321 which is famous for those wtf riddles and some stupid hand gesture. But the reason everybody of a certain age knows about it is it's The Morecombe & Wise effect, I mentioned earlier. No one outside the UK knows anything about our "celebrity" rapists (just to guide us back on-topic).