House Price Crash Forum

Eas Really A Bunch Of W@nkers

HOLA441

Went to view a property which has been on the market for a wee while. Nice wee place, and may be worth a punt if the vendors can be brought into the reality of 2009 - they still think it's summer 2007.

Anyhoo, the vendor's EAs had 'arranged' to have another set of viewers arrive 1 hour after our viewing began. This meant that we couldn't spend as much time as we wanted looking/poking around.

Given that the property has been lingering for some months, it seemed strange that viewers were being packed so close together.....NOT!

To$$ers! How stupid do they think we are? We presume this is a standard EA ploy.

Rather than feel pressurised to make a high offer as soon as possible, it just pissed us off.

Eggy

HOLA442

Agents are like this. You simply cannot trust them., as a vendor or buyer. They are incredibly sly.

I would simply make the offer you think is right. All properties eventually sell. Be careful not to be dragged into this world of buying and selling at the right time.

The time is right when you can afford it.

HOLA443

wow, you got a whole hour!

no standard EA fare such as:

"oh, (opening the door)... did the office tell you about this one?" (no floor, zombies next door, an offer already in etc)

or not being told it's a group viewing... finding a crowd all looking at each other suspiciously*

or not being told that the garden is being auctioned separately, and that the building has a crack from roof to foundations

etc

*if you turn up in a nice car, they all assume you're the agent

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest KingCharles1st
So sad but true and yet the majority of EA's are a bunch of poorly educated thick idiots.

The trouble is one set of idiots is easily impressed by another set of idiots because they are wearing suits.

All through my early working career, I used to wear my suit with pride. These days I mentally connect suits for the most part with tossers. I have become "suitist."

HOLA448

After turning up to viewings to find up they are block viewings without being informed, I now take my father to viewings now as he is a builder.He enjoys pointing out in a loud voice all the flaws in the property while writing in a pad of paper.

At one viewing one of the other viewers was asking him what the problem was as he stood outside looking at a property tutting loudly. The property in question really is a wreck and to say the EAs photos were somewhat misleading would be being generous, the property is still on the market.

The most blatant lie I have been told by an EA is that the property has only been on the market for a month and there is lots of interest, this despite the fact the EA had canceled a viewing on this property with us two months earlier because the vendor was at home sick. The property has been on the market for over a year, I love property bee.

HOLA449

Over the last decade or so EAs haven't actually had to be any good - they could have turned up for work each day wearing underpants on their heads and they would still have made a sale.

The way things are going they now actually need a dollop of talent or skill. This is unexplored territory for many of them. Did I hear somewhere that many of them are running away screaming now? :lol: