House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loginandtonic

The Herd At The Jumble & Table Sale

not gonna bore ya but remarkable i think...

no one bothered to look through the box of CDs nearest the queue for a table sale, it was not difficut to do yet they didnt.

they all assumed the proper finds would be in the main hall.

wrong.

i picked up £60+ of CDs for £1.20 in 3 minutes.

considering how rude the buyers in the hall were - pushing in, blocking, shoving, not even thanking me when i picked up stuff they knocked over with their clumsiness - i'm pleased they missed out + i feel no guilt about creaming the best off

not gonna bore ya but remarkable i think...

no one bothered to look through the box of CDs nearest the queue for a table sale, it was not difficut to do yet they didnt.

they all assumed the proper finds would be in the main hall.

wrong.

i picked up £60+ of CDs for £1.20 in 3 minutes.

considering how rude the buyers in the hall were - pushing in, blocking, shoving, not even thanking me when i picked up stuff they knocked over with their clumsiness - i'm pleased they missed out + i feel no guilt about creaming the best off

That's the way to do it....know your business. ;)

That's the way to do it....know your business. ;)

anyone should have known those CDs were rare-ish - and dont get the idea it was just great unwashed in the hall, some of the local City minted mob were there too, its just round the corner from their swimming pool homes

anyone should have known those CDs were rare-ish - and dont get the idea it was just great unwashed in the hall, some of the local City minted mob were there too, its just round the corner from their swimming pool homes

Location. location, location... and of course being at the right place at the right time, you will be surprised about what people do really know ;)

Location. location, location... and of course being at the right place at the right time, you will be surprised about what people do really know ;)

well, if those City types that walked past the CDs are the same ones as telling us QE is good and theres green shoots then frankly we really are doomed

well, if those City types that walked past the CDs are the same ones as telling us QE is good and theres green shoots then frankly we really are doomed

Yes, the way they walk past a box of CD's should always be a good barometer of their banking prowess.

They are looking for a different sort of bargain, an easy no effort way of making money, they are not in it for the long term, short term gain without the pain is their aim. ;)

They are looking for a different sort of bargain, an easy no effort way of making money, they are not in it for the long term, short term gain without the pain is their aim. ;)

hmm, they huddled big time round the costume jewellery seller table come to think of it, obviously hoping for one of those paste brooches turning out to be worth £7K as happened on Real Deal once :lol: then some quite smelly man bumped into me in his rush to join them but they had made an inpenetrable wall that not even his strong body odour deterrent could disperse...

hmm, they huddled big time round the costume jewellery seller table come to think of it, obviously hoping for one of those paste brooches turning out to be worth £7K as happened on Real Deal once :lol: then some quite smelly man bumped into me in his rush to join them but they had made an inpenetrable wall that not even his strong body odour deterrent could disperse...

Rubberneckers. :lol:

You might be surprised by how much some custom jewellery sells for these days. :unsure: