House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@contradevian

Is It Time To Ban Duncan Bannatyne?

Well he seems too big for his boots on Dragon's Den, though he is one of my favourite dragons. He seem's quite astute.

The irony of DD is their concern over patents, though I doubt if any of the dragons required any patent protection to build their wealth or business empires. What patents are required to run ice cream van's, old people's homes or health spa's?

Astute?

He is confused by the simplest of proposals. When he doesnt understand a product or idea presented to him (which is most of them) he states he is out.

He only gets involved if he sees the baldy buck toothed one or the lanky smug ******* take an interest.

Astute?

He is confused by the simplest of proposals. When he doesnt understand a product or idea presented to him (which is most of them) he states he is out.

He only gets involved if he sees the baldy buck toothed one or the lanky smug ******* take an interest.

A great suggestion.The gravel voiced pict certainly gives a good impression of being a first rate nincompoop.A great tribute to the social and economic mobility of Britain that this crass simpleton can haul himself up by his bootstraps.Proud of his lack of education - and it shows.

Mr Bannatyne distinguished himself by punching out an officer when he was in the Navy.

I suspect and it is alledged he was involved on the periphery of in the Glasgow Ice Cream Wars..............

He then sold out and latched onto the Thatcher destruction of the social care home system and exploited millions from the public purse IMHO.

Let's face it, no medical of social care background so how come he could make £26 mill so quickly?

Like so many held up as paragons on TV, not a nice man.

His vaunting ego marches ahead of his true ability and he has been desperate to find a starring role in media as an actor.

Knows about as much about true wealth and job creation as S'ralan.

Guest anorthosite
Mr Bannatyne distinguished himself by punching out an officer when he was in the Navy.

I suspect and it is alledged he was involved on the periphery of in the Glasgow Ice Cream Wars..............

He then sold out and latched onto the Thatcher destruction of the social care home system and exploited millions from the public purse IMHO.

Let's face it, no medical of social care background so how come he could make £26 mill so quickly?

Like so many held up as paragons on TV, not a nice man.

His vaunting ego marches ahead of his true ability and he has been desperate to find a starring role in media as an actor.

Knows about as much about true wealth and job creation as S'ralan.

Still, he's rich, so he's done something right. At least for himself.

Guest Fedup
He's a nobody. That's the point.

He's a c**k and his "Health Clubs" pander to the sheeple, like housing does, using words like "exclusive", "luxury" etc. I joined one a while back and got a discount because I paid the years membership upfront unlike, I assume, most people that go there. It's one of those places where you can't just get a price for gym membership, but you have to see a "membership consultant" (spotty oik in a cheap suit) to "assess your fitness goals and needs". After cutting through the bull and getting a price, it was fairly ok to visit apart from the smary gits on corporate membership that go there to chat rather than workout.

Anyway, it turned out that my work schedule changed and I had to travel a lot more, so I really wasn't getting the benefit of joining the only gym that was local to me. When my membership expired, I tried to talk to a "membership consultant" to ask if I could go on a rolling month by month basis due to work. He told me this wasn't possible, and I had to sign up for a year. I told him i'd already paid a year in full, so i'm a good customer. He told me he doesn't think it was possible, but he'd get the manager.

This "manager" reminded me of an estate agent: slicked back hair, smary grin, and waffley language. After much toing and froing about why i can't just join for a month, he came out with "look, i appreciate your situation but we need to maintain this policy to keep the riff-raff out of here". So i said, "so the fact I want to join on a month by month basis makes me riff-raff, even though I i've already paid you £550". He said "If you can't join for a year then you don't fit in with the type of clientele Bannatynes is seeking to attract".

I think I muttered some swear words, and then asked for his full name as I would be writing to head office. I did, and got no reply. However, i keep getting flyers through the door saying "come back to Bannatynes, see how we've changed!" or "come back to Bannatynes, get one month free".

I hate that guy, and I see my experience with this clubs an extension of his personality.

Guest theboltonfury
He's a c**k and his "Health Clubs" pander to the sheeple, like housing does, using words like "exclusive", "luxury" etc. I joined one a while back and got a discount because I paid the years membership upfront unlike, I assume, most people that go there. It's one of those places where you can't just get a price for gym membership, but you have to see a "membership consultant" (spotty oik in a cheap suit) to "assess your fitness goals and needs". After cutting through the bull and getting a price, it was fairly ok to visit apart from the smary gits on corporate membership that go there to chat rather than workout.

Anyway, it turned out that my work schedule changed and I had to travel a lot more, so I really wasn't getting the benefit of joining the only gym that was local to me. When my membership expired, I tried to talk to a "membership consultant" to ask if I could go on a rolling month by month basis due to work. He told me this wasn't possible, and I had to sign up for a year. I told him i'd already paid a year in full, so i'm a good customer. He told me he doesn't think it was possible, but he'd get the manager.

This "manager" reminded me of an estate agent: slicked back hair, smary grin, and waffley language. After much toing and froing about why i can't just join for a month, he came out with "look, i appreciate your situation but we need to maintain this policy to keep the riff-raff out of here". So i said, "so the fact I want to join on a month by month basis makes me riff-raff, even though I i've already paid you £550". He said "If you can't join for a year then you don't fit in with the type of clientele Bannatynes is seeking to attract".

I think I muttered some swear words, and then asked for his full name as I would be writing to head office. I did, and got no reply. However, i keep getting flyers through the door saying "come back to Bannatynes, see how we've changed!" or "come back to Bannatynes, get one month free".

I hate that guy, and I see my experience with this clubs an extension of his personality.

Why do health clubs pander to 'Sheeple'?

For me the word 'sheeple' sums up perfectly exactly what's wrong with the main forum at the moment.

Guest Fedup
Who needs a 'health club' when you can always run around the block. ;)

Because I like lifting weights.

This "manager" reminded me of an estate agent: slicked back hair, smary grin, and waffley language. After much toing and froing about why i can't just join for a month, he came out with "look, i appreciate your situation but we need to maintain this policy to keep the riff-raff out of here".

They don't make gyms like they used to :(

Last one I was a member of was owned by 2 guys, 24 & 26 stone, had one single exercise bike and the rest was freeweights. Quite a few of the bars were bent from people putting too much weight on them and the place had a delicate stank of man sweat while melodious screams of over exertion drowned out any music put on.

Them were the days, but I don't miss the Ultimate Orange, vile tasting stuff :ph34r: