House Price Crash Forum
Panda

Interest Rates And An Election?

Whats the current guess, an October election or a June election, will the markets assume a change in government will remove the reckless spending, so tax increases etc. The removal of QE, BoE base rate increases, sterling making a recovery against the Eastern and commodity correncies?

If you were a betting man, and you had say 5 million to tie up in a cash fixed rate bond, purely an example?

Would you;

1) Tie up/ Fix for 6 months

2) Tie up/ Fix for 12 months

3) Tie up/ Fix for 18 months

4) Tie up/ Fix for 24 months

How long till Sterling ragains ground on the back of a change in goverment tatics, .i.e. end of QE, and all the other shite Liebour have introduced to hide the mess we are now in?

Panda.

Edited by Panda

There won't be an October election - why seek unemployment 9 months before you need to!

Any way Labour prefers elections when the days are long (i.e. May/June) as people can go to the polling station after work in the daylight. Its more difficult to turn people out on council estates/poorer areas when the weather is cold and its dark due to crime etc.

There won't be an October election - why seek unemployment 9 months before you need to!

Any way Labour prefers elections when the days are long (i.e. May/June) as people can go to the polling station after work in the daylight. Its more difficult to turn people out on council estates/poorer areas when the weather is cold and its dark due to crime etc.

Good point, on that assumption, we are at least twelve months away from a sterling recovery, base rate rises, end of QE?

So for me, my guesstimate would be an 18 month fix?