House Price Crash Forum
Guest absolutezero

Wonders If A General Election Is Imminent

Guest absolutezero

I'm always writing to my MP asking him things.

I got this letter today.

Dear Mr xxxxx,

As you may be aware I will retire as your MP at the next General Election.

Although I do not yet know when that election will be, in order ensure that any casework is transferred to your next MP, I need your written consent to pass your files onto him/her.

Please sign the enclosed consent for after ticking the box that best describes the action you would like me to take.

Yours sincerely,

It's been known for a year or so that he's retiring, so why send this now?

He says he doesn't know when the election is.....

Could be coincidence and I'm reading too much into it, but you never know.

Guest absolutezero
Announcement in the next three weeks for late October! ;)

Just to add, he's Labour.

If a back-bench MP had an inkling of an October General Election it would be all over the media by now. I suspect it's more a case of his staff using the summer recess to catch up with a bit of routine admin..

Edited by CrashConnoisseur

If a back-bench MP had an inkling of an October General Election it would be all over the media by now. I suspect it's more a case of his staff using the summer recess to catch up with a bit of routine admin..

+1. He's too low down on the food chain. Probably knows less than the conservative front bench about it.

Guest absolutezero

I did wonder about this.

I'm not saying who he is but he's a staunch Labour man and wouldn't do anything to damage the party.

He's nothing to gain by letting the cat out of the bag.

I always use Bookies Odds as a good guide - Next General Election Odds :

July - December 2009 : 10/1

January 2010 Or Later : 1/33

on thursday I got July - Dec 09 at 17/1

on friday July - Dec 09 was 11/1

Announcement in the next three weeks for late October! ;)

No way - it will be May or June. Labour MPs and workers would hate an October election - trudging the streets canvassing on dark evenings with poor weather on council estates and poor areas is not going to please them.

Tories in nice areas will turn out in late October - Labour voters won't in the same numbers.

And in any case why make yourself unemployed 8 months before you need to - many of the Labour MPs who will lose their seats won't get work. The polls are bad so why bother!

I think there is a good chance they will go for it in October

despite the obvious desire for Brown to cling on til the death

regardless of what happens

Reasons being the SHTF sooner rather than later which will result

in many more Zanu MPs losing their seats if they hang on til June

Brown says No

Darling says I cant keep the smoke and mirrors going that long

Mandelson says who cares as long as the Irish vote Yes for Lisbon

and a growing number of backbenchers feeling the pressure to do it now

to save their own necks

The last reason they will do it is because it is the RIGHT THING TO DO !

Its best for the country if they call it now

Its best for the Tories if they wait til the death

wish I'd put a £ or 2 on at 17/1 but 8/1 still feels a fair bet

Mandelson says who cares as long as the Irish vote Yes for Lisbon

Its best for the Tories if they wait til the death

Thats the reason that the tories don't deserve our votes either. They will stand by rather that apply pressure for an election because they know that everyday brown is in liebour lose votes, in the meantime they will do nothing and allow the lisbon treaty to be ratified while they play party politics - referendum? "no point now" they will say.

Surely Labour won't go until they've railroaded Harriet Harman's hated Equality bill through? Once it is law, it will be legal for companies to discriminate against white males and in favour of women and blackminorityethnics when recruiting, it allows women/blackminorityethnics to claim they don't have pay parity even if they are working in a unique role! and take their companies through expenisve/long-winded tribunals to win pay rises, and it attempts to make the BNP as it stands an illegal entity.

Its their last-gasp stab at everything they hate: white English males, and fast-growing political rivals. You'd have thought that presiding over the destruction of our economy would have satisfied their appetite, they want to twist the knife as much as possible before we tear their grasping hands from the controls of power.

I'm always writing to my MP asking him things.

I got this letter today.

The explanation for this letter is much more simple than you think. This MP has had such a laugh at the continual flow of tripe that you've bombarded him with over the years that he feels it only fair to let his successor have just as much entertainment. Every Monday lunchtime, MPs gather together to give examples of the most idiotic correspondence they've received over the previous week. They begin by saying words such as " This beauty is the 179th letter I've had from a cretin calling himself (quite accurately) 'AbsoluteZero' ... " and then proceed to read out the missive to their friends. You've probably had more laughs than Rowan Atkinson over the years.

Consider yourself famous.

Surely Labour won't go until they've railroaded Harriet Harman's hated Equality bill through? Once it is law, it will be legal for companies to discriminate against white males and in favour of women and blackminorityethnics when recruiting, it allows women/blackminorityethnics to claim they don't have pay parity even if they are working in a unique role! and take their companies through expenisve/long-winded tribunals to win pay rises, and it attempts to make the BNP as it stands an illegal entity.

Its their last-gasp stab at everything they hate: white English males, and fast-growing political rivals. You'd have thought that presiding over the destruction of our economy would have satisfied their appetite, they want to twist the knife as much as possible before we tear their grasping hands from the controls of power.

Tell us about you and the BNP, Grime- skint wouldbe ftb.

We are now in a crack cocain speding rush economy phase house prices rising oil up resulting in high inflation now but this truth will not be represented in government inflation numbers to keep wages and interest rates down and by May this high should be shown up in falling unemployment

The general election will be in MAY 2010 for the reason above and consider this the labour government is a self serving bunch and money and power at anyprice is their only goal now consider this the electorate may be on such a high labour may win I assume labour wont mind another last term and if the cons win they will have to make the hard choices to deal with the drug habit deadbeat uk economy which wont make them popular and likely to loose their office after one term then a new drug dealer will be elected the drug is free lunches and non repayable debts

The letter is just a cleaning up matter for a smooth change of business

Another possible thing I have just thought at the moment the drugs are working nice with no side effects at the moment if the government thinks the severe side effects may arrive before MAY 2010 and the sh1t hits the fan big time they would be wise to call it now to limit the cons victory

my views anyway

Thats the reason that the tories don't deserve our votes either. They will stand by rather that apply pressure for an election because they know that everyday brown is in liebour lose votes, in the meantime they will do nothing and allow the lisbon treaty to be ratified while they play party politics - referendum? "no point now" they will say.

Why didnt I think of this word LIEBOUR I must take advantage of this word in the future nice one

Guest absolutezero
The explanation for this letter is much more simple than you think. This MP has had such a laugh at the continual flow of tripe that you've bombarded him with over the years that he feels it only fair to let his successor have just as much entertainment. Every Monday lunchtime, MPs gather together to give examples of the most idiotic correspondence they've received over the previous week. They begin by saying words such as " This beauty is the 179th letter I've had from a cretin calling himself (quite accurately) 'AbsoluteZero' ... " and then proceed to read out the missive to their friends. You've probably had more laughs than Rowan Atkinson over the years.

Consider yourself famous.

Yes. Of course. You're absolutely right. :rolleyes:

We are now in a crack cocain speding rush economy phase house prices rising oil up resulting in high inflation now but ...

my views anyway

Well, that's clear enough. :lol: