House Price Crash Forum

For Anyone Wondering Why Many On Here Will Dance On The Public Sectors Grave.

bogbrush

HOLA441

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8238896.stm

Silly little story, but it contains everything that the modern public sector has come to mean.

* Petty

* Talks like robots

* Vindictive

* Wasteful

No doubt the last sentence means compensation will be paid by the people of Hackney for their cretinous behaviour.

It would be nice to think Cllr Alan Liang might be bringing his communication skills to the job market soon.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

"Rules is rules. If we didn't 'ave rules, where would we be? I'll tell ya ... France!"

I like the way they used lovely nihilistic black paint. Probably extra-matt, to suck as much light as possible out of that particular urban canyon. Now that's what I call art.

Edited by Wario

HOLA443
Guest tbatst2000

Silly little story, but it contains everything that the modern public sector has come to mean.

* Petty

* Talks like robots

* Vindictive

* Wasteful

No doubt the last sentence means compensation will be paid by the people of Hackney for their cretinous behaviour.

It would be nice to think Cllr Alan Liang might be bringing his communication skills to the job market soon.

I don't think this is specific to the public sector, there's plenty of people in the private sector (in which I work) just like that too. Hanging's too good for them etc.

HOLA444

* Petty

* Talks like robots

* Vindictive

* Wasteful

Jobsworthism definately but I don't see what this brings to the debate.

Most of these councils now employ private sector contractors to carry out this sort of work and they would be so in fear of losing their jobs because of the private sector employment practices they would not have questioned what they were doing even with the owner pleading with them to stop.

Did you hear about the rubbish collectors who would not empty a bin because it had a maggot in it. Their employment contract stipulates they dont handle live animals. :lol::lol:

HOLA445
"Rules is rules. If we didn't 'ave rules, where would we be? I'll tell ya ... France!"

I like the way they used lovely nihilistic black paint. Probably extra-matt, to suck as much light as possible out of that particular urban canyon. Now that's what I call art.

Meanwhile, over in France:

outdoor_mural_angouleme_france_lovers.JPG

post-9596-1252139756_thumb.jpg

HOLA446

Silly little story indeed. And yes, it's nulab's busybody state in action - same as brought us all the public sector bloat.

But I'd make a distinction between that and honest people doing an honest job in the public sector. I'll join with you rejoicing in the cutting out of a cancer, but not in the plight of workers who were just doing their jobs - however pointless. To put it in a bit of perspective, at least those council workers weren't slaughtering the residents, or dragging them off to Guantanamo.

Oh, and I'd also join with you in the altogether-less-likely event of some of the nastier outsourced-public-sector profiteers going down. Where's Shirko's grave when you want a dance?

HOLA447
HOLA448

I think the building's owner should sue the Council for damages.

Now let's see. A rare Banksy, used on a Blur cover. I'd be willing to pay £15m for that.

Oh, but the Council has ruined it. I guess they have done £15m worth of damage.

HOLA449

I can see the point, though. Who decides what's "Art"? It could have been one of these.

Easier to slap a coat over all of 'em than pay for some sort of committee of chin-strokers to give the thumbs-up or -down.

Edited by Wario

HOLA4410
I can see the point, though. Who decides what's "Art"? It could have been one of these.

Easier to slap a coat over all of 'em than pay for some sort of committee of chin-strokers to give the thumbs-up or -down.

How odd that the local council hasn't painted over the UFF murals?

Perhaps Bansky should start a bombing campaign then he will be assured of protection for his art and a cushy expenses claim as an MP in a few years...

HOLA4411
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

I think we should paint everything black. It will provide millions of jobs and bring a much needed boost to our paint industry. I phoning my fellow lodge and council member now.

HOLA4412

* Petty

* Talks like robots

* Vindictive

* Wasteful

As usual you're letting your personal prejudices against local councils blind you to the facts, in most circumstances this wouldn't be a problem but there is a serious issue here as it's previously been used as a means to defraud property owners.

The local authority (in this instance Hackney) contacted the Land Registry to serve notice on the property owner. The data held at the Land Registry was incorrect and as a consequence the notice was sent to the wrong address.

This is precisely the technique used repeatedly by crooks to defraud people of their homes - and the Land Registry have publicly gone on record several times to claim that this can no longer happen because they have changed their internal processes.

You might want to have a look at this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7971995.stm

Then again you might not because it comes from 'Auntie Pravda' and news stories which don't re-inforce you own bigoted attitude toward the public sector tend to be ignored.

HOLA4413
Guest absolutezero
As usual you're letting your personal prejudices against local councils blind you to the facts, in most circumstances this wouldn't be a problem but there is a serious issue here as it's previously been used as a means to defraud property owners.

The local authority (in this instance Hackney) contacted the Land Registry to serve notice on the property owner. The data held at the Land Registry was incorrect and as a consequence the notice was sent to the wrong address.

This is precisely the technique used repeatedly by crooks to defraud people of their homes - and the Land Registry have publicly gone on record several times to claim that this can no longer happen because they have changed their internal processes.

You might want to have a look at this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7971995.stm

Then again you might not because it comes from 'Auntie Pravda' and news stories which don't re-inforce you own bigoted attitude toward the public sector tend to be ignored.

Don't talk sense!

You'll stop the "public sector bad, private sector good" mentalists jerking themselves off into a frenzy over a crappy bit of news.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Consider this.

I am currently in my mid 30's, I intend to retire on a final salary pension scheme of £150,000 per year and I can retire at 55 years old. I will also no longer have to pay any council or income ever again.

Once a year, I will recieve a bonus payment of £450,000 as a goodwill gesture for all my years of service.

I am living the life of Reily.

Ermmmm .... NO !!!

Its just all just future policy. Its unlike a private sector pension, where you can see what you pay in and can expect to retire on. Public sector worker are just an empty promise, which will placate it workers in working for a low salary in return for an empty promise. After all if they dont keep the promise to you, its not like they will be around to carry the can anyway.

"Keep them sweet, offer them a retirement we all wished we had, but in reality give em f--k all", but an empty bag of words.

This is the future of the public sector workers.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Consider this.

I am currently in my mid 30's, I intend to retire on a final salary pension scheme of £150,000 per year and I can retire at 55 years old. I will also no longer have to pay any council or income ever again.

Once a year, I will recieve a bonus payment of £450,000 as a goodwill gesture for all my years of service.

I am living the life of Reily.

Ermmmm .... NO !!!

Its just all just future policy. Its unlike a private sector pension, where you can see what you pay in and can expect to retire on. Public sector worker are just an empty promise, which will placate it workers in working for a low salary in return for an empty promise. After all if they dont keep the promise to you, its not like they will be around to carry the can anyway.

"Keep them sweet, offer them a retirement we all wished we had, but in reality give em f--k all", but an empty bag of words.

This is the future of the public sector workers.

Why do you keep saying "public sector workers"??

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
The point about the public sector is that it`s coercive. I choose which supermarket to go to; I choose Sainsburys but you might have a different preference. The free market is perfect democracy.

What a load of old ********.

If we had a free market with no regulation, eventually we would have 1 corporation running everything. It would probably be called something like TESCO :lol:

HOLA4421
Guest absolutezero
The point about the public sector is that it`s coercive. I choose which supermarket to go to; I choose Sainsburys but you might have a different preference. The free market is perfect democracy.

You have no choice.

You only think you do.

Asda, Sainsburys, Tesco, Morrisons.

It's all the same.

HOLA4422
The local authority (in this instance Hackney) contacted the Land Registry to serve notice on the property owner.

The very language used reveals your mindset. Should the local authority not have sought to 'consult' or 'ask'? No, you're quite happy that they 'serve notice' before unilaterally vandalising a piece of private property which was part of the local fabric.

HOLA4423
You have no choice.

You only think you do.

Asda, Sainsburys, Tesco, Morrisons.

It's all the same.

Actually you do have a choice

If none of the above options are satisfactory, You can make your own food. Morrisons will not hassle or intimidate you, if you decide to do this

HOLA4424
Guest absolutezero
Actually you do have a choice

If none of the above options are satisfactory, You can make your own food. Morrisons will not hassle or intimidate you, if you decide to do this

Good afternoon, Injin.

HOLA4425