House Price Crash Forum

Know Anyone Famous?

Guest X-QUORK

HOLA441
Guest X-QUORK

My wife used to work in the Folk side of the music industry and we know a few names, even go on holiday with them sometimes, but it's hardly The Rolling Stones. That said, whilst we sank a few drinks with one of said musicians last weekend it turns out he's very good mates with one of Radiohead who I happen to worship.

It suddenly occurred to me that whilst I could get my Radiohead hero's phone number, I'd have f*ck all to say and it would all be a bit embarrassing anyway. Still, I got a slight thrill out of it anyway.

Anyone else got any slightly interesting celeb stories?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Awesome Radiohead link, we're as good as part of the band.

Yeah. :lol:

It's funny as I get to hear things about 'The Yorkes' a lot.

I always know where they're holidaying, what they're driving, etc. etc.

My mate and I reckon we could get really close if we chose to do so.

HOLA446
Guest X-QUORK
I'm sitting on Ron Jeremy's knee.

He really isn't Santa you know.

By the way, we want to recruit you into the Off-Topic world... we feel you'd make a valuable contribution.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest anorthosite

My uncle was a slightly famous London radio news presenter. He's retired now though.

I also gave John Young, commander of the Apollo 16 moon landing and first man to fly the space shuttle a guided tour of a museum's geology exhibition.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest X-QUORK
I live just up the road from Chumbawamba and met a bloke who plays with them in a bar once.

We're as good as family. I know someone who was their tour manager or some such shit.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest X-QUORK
I do but, I think such name-dropping is indecent.

You're absolutely right.

I've managed to name drop without actually dropping any names...that's where the skill lies.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
I don't even remember the names of people I'm supposed to know. I have no chance as a name dropper.

it doesn't matter - just say you know someone who knows someone and vaguely describe why they were famous...

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

"I live just up the road from Chumbawamba and met a bloke who plays with them in a bar once."

This one is for all the nazis who seem to be slinking around under a stone tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm4iU0yx9GY...re=channel_page

Oh and I've met that Kate Gerbeau/Sanderson on a few social occasions.

Absolutely charming woman, with a well masked steely glint in her eye that you might expect from someone that was going places from Sutton Coldfield.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Guest Parry aka GOD

I'm mates with one of the Bouvier clan (Jackie Kennedy's bunch). He's completely bonkers.

The sister of one of Germany's most popular CDU politicians. I've seen her bum too. It's quite big.

HOLA4424

A palm reader told me I'm going to be famous. For what, I do not know. That was the only time I've had my palm read, but I do recommend it - quite ... intimate, erotic.

My mum spotted Posh and Becks in a restaurant about five years ago. She couldn't contain herself and, before she left, went up to the stick insect and said, "Such a lovely family, Mrs Spice!"

God bless 'er.

HOLA4425

Archived