House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Markets Didn't Tank This Week - Again

I thought if I started posting these threads on a Friday afternoon then they would cause the DOW to go through the floor. :blink:

Joking aside, early days yet but between now and Jan 1 should be very interesting. I still think 2,995 on the FTSE is coming.

I thought if I started posting these threads on a Friday afternoon then they would cause the DOW to go through the floor. :blink:

Joking aside, early days yet but between now and Jan 1 should be very interesting. I still think 2,995 on the FTSE is coming.

So No Black tuesday wednesday or Friday but a black Q4?

Would you like to let us know the logic behind your FTSE 2995 call?

Why not 2889 or 3004?

resistance.

Would you like to let us know the logic behind your FTSE 2995 call?

Why not 2889 or 3004?

I keep having dreams about the FTSE at 2995 and the new bulletins full of panicked bw ankers and politicians.

The last time I had dreams this powerful I dreamed that the Berlin Wall was about to come down and Eastern Europe would be freed from Communism. It did and they were.

Tune in to your inner self and you tune in to the Universe.

I keep having dreams about the FTSE at 2995 and the new bulletins full of panicked bw ankers and politicians.

The last time I had dreams this powerful I dreamed that the Berlin Wall was about to come down and Eastern Europe would be freed from Communism. It did and they were.

Ah you are now "The Mystic Tulip"

I agree that you should follow your instincts, because if you dont back yourself, no one else will. Are you religious? theres quite a few nutters out there that do syupid things because it came to them in a dream. If I followed the advice in my dreams, I would be seriously messed up!

I did post elsewhere that I couldn't see a reason for the FTSE tanking. It never boomed in the first place as all the borrowed money went elsewhere.

I don't think it's a screaming buy but as I see inflation (not hyperinflation btw) as a real danger due to sterling weakness then companies which make / sell real things should hold up.

I agree that you should follow your instincts, because if you dont back yourself, no one else will. Are you religious? theres quite a few nutters out there that do syupid things because it came to them in a dream. If I followed the advice in my dreams, I would be seriously messed up!

Whereas I would be covered in pudding and making sweet, sweet love to Natalie Portman. Loser!

I'm still toying with a leveraged short on the FTSE - I think a massive drop is imminent. Next few weeks should reveal all

You and I must be living in different universes... I don't think we'll see anything below 3,700 again, maybe not even anything below 4,000 I can't see an issue as big as the credit crisis was at its height anywhere out there... sure we may get higher commodity and oil prices, sure we may get a further dose of recession or heavier levels of unemployment but I really can't see any of that being severe enough to trigger a track bacl of the scale you are thinking.

I do think the market is overbought currently but I certianly wouldn't be shorting it to anything like the level you are suggesting... just never going to happen in my view.

You and I must be living in different universes... I don't think we'll see anything below 3,700 again, maybe not even anything below 4,000 I can't see an issue as big as the credit crisis was at its height anywhere out there... sure we may get higher commodity and oil prices, sure we may get a further dose of recession or heavier levels of unemployment but I really can't see any of that being severe enough to trigger a track bacl of the scale you are thinking.

I do think the market is overbought currently but I certianly wouldn't be shorting it to anything like the level you are suggesting... just never going to happen in my view.

I'm in the same universe as Tulip then. the recognition in the markets that we are screwed will arrive soon enough.

Commodities have stabilised but that wont help the FTSE, not enough anyway. I see us testing the 4000 level by year end and I dont really see it improving until after election so hitting 3700 a real possibility.

I'm in the same universe as Tulip then. the recognition in the markets that we are screwed will arrive soon enough.

Commodities have stabilised but that wont help the FTSE, not enough anyway. I see us testing the 4000 level by year end and I dont really see it improving until after election so hitting 3700 a real possibility.

I wonder if you'll have the courage of your convictions and back your hunch that it'll be tulips 2995 range with money... after all thats a huge fall, its hardly a fifty fifty.. you'd be guaranteed to win surely...go on ... have a go.( But I have to warn you now, in my view you'd lose the lot)

No, not religious. Why are you worried about your dreams - are you a sociopath? :unsure:

Getting in touch with your dreams is perhaps the way to better understand yourself, your fellow Human Beings and the Universe. Failing that, you should have some really dirty dreams! <_<

OK people, here is one for your dreams.

Before you go to sleep tonight find yourself a comfortable and quiet place in your house - no noise. Make yourself comfortable and drop your shoulders - raise and drop your shoulders a few times to make yourself feel loose and relaxed.

Right, now close your eyes and try to imagine nothing - very difficult if your mind is crowded and busy. Take a deep, slow breath through your nose, hold it for a count of 2 or 3 and then let it back out through your nose - very difficult if you are a mouth breather but try it anyhow.

Now, whilst continuing to breath slowly and deeply through your nose - make sure that you do not hyperventilate (hard but not impossible via nasal breathing) - raise your right arm and bring it across your chest placing your right hand over your heart.

Feel your chest and listen to your heart.

Ask your heart what, if anything, you could do for it to make it feel better and to be happier.

Listen to the answer.

Now, the really tricky bit - act on what your heart says.

Failing that, just google the names of several actresses, models or whoever you fancy in their underwear, stare at them for 20 minutes before you go to sleep and have fun!

:lol:

Very good - a fan of Coelho I think.

Where will all the QE money go then? There'll be more of it on the way, especially if there's more trouble.

They tried letting a big bank go, and they didn't like the consequences.

Logically you're right, stocks should fall. But stocks represent "things" in a way, and when a currency is being debased, things will rise in value.

The printy printy cash must go somewhere, I think it will go into stocks via the investment banking arms of the main banks.

are we talking aboiut the FTSE100 (currently about 4800)

ot the FTSE all-share (about 2500) ???

Guest Daddy Bear

Not a chance now.

The FTSE will not see 4000 ever again.

More likely to be 10,000 in 3 years.

ps - what is that molecule in your avtar?

Not a chance now.

The FTSE will not see 4000 ever again.

More likely to be 10,000 in 3 years.

ps - what is that molecule in your avtar?

the trouble is brewing on a large scale. the government has done what japan did to rescue their economy and look what happened to their stock market.

currently close to 1985 levels...

its inevitable things will implode. you cant just borrow on top of your borrowings and think things will be ok.

massive debts, high unemployment, and governments looking to reverse quantitative easing and fiscal stimulus.

whichever way you look at it, debts are now absolutely massive.

its a sick game of economic musical chairs. Once the music stops, there will be vampire squids on every pew.

Right now, Gordon wants his investments to reap returns in RBS and Lloyds. He cant afford another stock market crash, he will do everything to avoid it, no matter what the costs.