House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barb E Dahl

What Does Ex/b Direct Mean?

Looking for a mortgage deal and keep seeing this everywhere.

Thanks

link one...maybe context will help

Not a clue, my guess would be Is it the credit rating? Im sure a mortgage broker will come along and explain it :)

Not a mortgage advisor, but the link to the Halifax one says First-Time Buyers are excluded - is that what Ex/B means?

I've noticed a lot of the good deals are for re-mortgages only lately (e.g. HSBC 1.99% one).

Ex Borrower? thats the only category I could see those rates on the Halifax site.

Looks like something peculiar to that site...nothing seems to be replicated on the Halifax site..

better give them a call.

Edited by Bloo Loo

Existing Borrowers would be my ill-informed punt.

I think so because "Ex/C" ISA offers are "Existing customer only" when you click through.

Hmm, I thought it was something like that. So existing borrowers can still get 100% 95% and 90% mortgages at great rates!

I just don't understand it. FTBs never seem to get any help regardless of what people claim.

Hmm, I thought it was something like that. So existing borrowers can still get 100% 95% and 90% mortgages at great rates!

I just don't understand it. FTBs never seem to get any help regardless of what people claim.

they need to, as the end approaches on their deal, many will have much reduced equity from the original..

woe betide those in Neg Eq.

If it is existing borrowers only, is this just a way to keep borrowing high?

If I'm a 1st time buyer with £50,000 in the bank. According to all money is debt, then this is actually money owed by somebody else.

You also have a desperate BTL'er with a 100% mortgage for £100,000.

Total debt money = £150,000

If I then buy this house for 100,000 using my £50,000 so having a £50,000 mortgage.

The BTL'er then goes and pays their loan off at the bank. £100,000.

This means that the bank/s have gone from having 150,000, down to 50,000 debt money. :unsure:

How do you define deflation? it's not just prices, is it. ;)

It's a way of compensating for misselling, without admitting to it.

It's a blunt instrument, and hugely compensates the rich too. But to give it to current FTBs would be misselling all over again, as it would have them overpaying for a house.