House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rock-n-Roll

Councils Dont You Just Love Them!

a few weeks ago i wrote a wee bit about the problems facing the Toon of Ballynomoney

so what is coucil doing about it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8235671.stm

politicians!

rock on!

Absolute classic...What a bunch of morons...I have to admit that I do enjoy fish and chips myself, but only occasionally. Yeah, as deep fried battered fish with chips is so healthy anyway, with or without salt. So now we will postpone their heart attacks from age 55 to 58...This is my observation, the people who eat in chippys often don't generally give two hoots about their health anyway, I see the same people drinking a can of redbull everyday, buying their 20 Mayfairs, and having a can of coke for lunch...and generally don't look too exercise prone. Their idea of a balanced diet is can of coke in one hand and a Mars bar in the other hand.

Absolute classic...What a bunch of morons...I have to admit that I do enjoy fish and chips myself, but only occasionally. Yeah, as deep fried battered fish with chips is so healthy anyway, with or without salt. So now we will postpone their heart attacks from age 55 to 58...This is my observation, the people who eat in chippys often don't generally give two hoots about their health anyway, I see the same people drinking a can of redbull everyday, buying their 20 Mayfairs, and having a can of coke for lunch...and generally don't look too exercise prone. Their idea of a balanced diet is can of coke in one hand and a Mars bar in the other hand.

:lol::lol:

I remember reading somewhere that every cell in the body is replaced every few years, therefore there is quite a few people strolling around northern ireland whose bodies are entirely composed of chip, wkd, and lambert and butler.

I remember reading somewhere that every cell in the body is replaced every few years, therefore there is quite a few people strolling around northern ireland whose bodies are entirely composed of chip, wkd, and lambert and butler.

Speak for yourself, mate ;)

being from ballymoney, that doesn't surprise me

having a fish supper from Flash in the Pan in Ballymoney would harden the artieries just looking at the salt they put on :P

having a fish supper from Flash in the Pan in Ballymoney would harden the artieries just looking at the salt they put on :P

judging by the number of punters who frequent it

unlike a lot of other businessmen in the toon

yer mans wallet must be rock hard!

rock on!

LOL

They should charge 1p a shake to see how many would pay.

I like Megabites myself

How can you spend 15k on 3 people for 3 days. Are they hiring a yacht?

i would be interested to know if that includes expenses or will that be a separate claim? <_<

I would say I was appalled but I am not even surprised. Too much money and not enough brains at the top.

was recently in a councils headquarters

of course up on a wall was the no doubt expensively compiled portraits of the ar$eholes sorry councillors

on an adjacent wall was a flyer with image of a parachute on it and some words of wisdom

"a brain is like a parachute unless it is open it wont work!"

do you think the ar$eholes got it?

rock on!

Its all just a carry over from the boom, everyone had (borrowed) money. Gov't and councils thought if the people ask they shall have, what counts is looking good...

How do you spend 23K on leaflets?? a few thousand buys boxes of the things. I reckon you could buy 1M A4 leaflets for £23K