House Price Crash Forum
OnlyMe

Oh To Be Financially Literate

Sorry, try this one.....

Watched it yesterday, very disconcerting that our economic system is effectively a religion and so long as not too many prying question are asked everything will be OK. :ph34r:

Watched it yesterday, very disconcerting that our economic system is effectively a religion and so long as not too many prying question are asked everything will be OK. :ph34r:

Nothing like politics, social cohesion or love then?

Nothing like politics, social cohesion or love then?

A lot like the above and I guess economics has always been a faith based system to some degree I just get the feeling they have stretched this one too far. There should be some substance to the economics base unlike the sand that is currently there. At least religions in general have very coherent and generally sound moral messages, which is a long way from the corruption in the economic religion.

I think the problems start to manifest themselves when it stops being "useful".

For example, religion is useful when it encourages people to try to be better people or help them through adversity. Love is useful because it keeps couples with children together so their children grow up balanced and content.

Economics has started to do more harm than good, that's why its starting to fail. HPI and boom and bust cycles are happening too often and too hard, pulling the rug from under people's feet. The danger is now that like the day you realised Father Christmas was your Dad the masses will realise it was all a fable.

Edited by TwoWolves

Pretty sure even his appalling fist of it was better than many readers here would manage.

Rubbish. I would put up 80% of regular posters on here in debate against that congressman on economics and they would win.

get the frack off this website, publishing this stuff...for god sake, no wonder you didnt graduate from a top highschool, so get the frack off before I throw you out the window!!

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
get the frack off this website, publishing this stuff...for god sake, no wonder you didnt graduate from a top highschool, so get the frack off before I throw you out the window!!

Defenestration? Can we do it in Prague?

Guest DisposableHeroes
Rubbish. I would put up 80% of regular posters on here in debate against that congressman on economics and they would win.

George Galloway certainly made it look easy!

Edited by DisposableHeroes

Guest DisposableHeroes
Hadn't seen that - very impressive!

It was, he just literally wiped the floor with them. He can be a controversial guy, but fair play to him it was bloody impressive.

It was, he just literally wiped the floor with them. He can be a controversial guy, but fair play to him it was bloody impressive.

Impressive maybe......but literally wiped the floor with them? Would love to see it. (Pedant)